What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The wife and granddaughter picked some blackberries this morning. They were big a sweet. Got the water going in the orchard. Only gassed 1 gopher hole. I might be getting the gophers under control finally.
Got a couple cords of firewood in on Saturday. I need to start splitting it soon, but I noticed the wood splitter has a hydraulic leak that I need to fix.
It's almost up to 70 degrees here already with a nice breeze out of the north, might hit 80 later. I'm getting a little tired of this heat.

well books i ordered on july 23 arrived today....shipper sucked...once it got in hands of our usps it got here very fast.

it was a very weird transaction and wont be doing business with them ever again...it showed being picked up in secus,n.j. the seller had address in florida.....finally tracking showed and it first appeared in york,pa. then in raligh,n.c. and so on to my house...i get package and it says royal mail and it came from montgomery,il. so who the heck knows....the place in il. is a huge warehouse i had to look it up.
I’ve been doing ok using thrift books.
Yeah! @Mountain trapper I’m tired of the heat too!! It’s about 100 F. 39% humidity

It'll be 90's this afternoon, and I finished all the animal and garden work, so inside work this afternoon....bread to make, two buckets of tomatoes to wash, sort...some for the freezer, peppers to fill up the dehydrators with, upstairs family room to clean, more laundry to do. Putting ribs into the crock pot for dinner. Deciding what to do with the big box of yummy peaches. Husband and pup are napping.

Just sitting back enjoying a cigar while the wife is working out in the berry patch. Can't do anything else on the coop until I get the rest of the lumber and the 1/2"×1" wire to go over the window openings. We have a nice breeze blowing in some clouds right now. It's 72 degs outside and no smoke yet today. Perfect working weather.

Laundry and watching the rain fall LOL
1724094209110.png

Better than a week or 2 ago. Heart rate takes off if I push too hard, so tryin to take my time. It is coming back to normal quicker. I've dropped 14 lbs since day before I went to hospital. All fluid I'm sure. But its helping
Sounds like things are going good!! Heck of a way to lose weight! 💗

Today: I’m sick and tired of being an alcoholic and a cigarette smoker. I could have a few good years left in me… I mean I don’t have any health issues, but those two things are killing me. The ‘news’ doesn’t help… lol?
Time for some changes!!😉

Forget about the news. Make your sobreity the most important thing. If the news is bad, stop watching, listening and reading it if it triggers you.

If you haven't heard this already, there's a first time for everything. You have to hit bottom before you decide you've had enough. You're the only one who can decide if you've had enough yet. If you already know this, it didn't help to know it again. Put it into action. Do it. Go to an AA meeting and get involved. Don't try to be a rock star, they will put you in your place which will likely tick you off and send you out drinking again, unless you've had enough and are ready to listen.
:callyou:Get phone numbers, get a sponsor. Go to as many AA meetings as you can. Travel to do it, go to other towns. And if this ticks you off, that's okay too. We care about you.

Went to work, got my company car, reviewed my assignment, gained access to a person's home, relieved him of some personal property, damaged some personal property, transported some personal property to another employee of the firm, watched as that personal property was examined, was instructed that my work day had ended, collected my pay day and drove home. I also learned to NEVER leave the city without first texting the lady, who invited me over like 5 minutes after I sat down on the patio. ARRGH! I am going to try and hold out until tomorrow. Abba give me strength.

Forget about the news. Make your sobreity the most important thing. If the news is bad, stop watching, listening and reading it if it triggers you.

If you haven't heard this already, there's a first time for everything. You have to hit bottom before you decide you've had enough. You're the only one who can decide if you've had enough yet. If you already know this, it didn't help to know it again. Put it into action. Do it. Go to an AA meeting and get involved. Don't try to be a rock star, they will put you in your place which will likely tick you off and send you out drinking again, unless you've had enough and are ready to listen.
:callyou:Get phone numbers, get a sponsor. Go to as many AA meetings as you can. Travel to do it, go to other towns. And if this ticks you off, that's okay too. We care about you.
Time for some changes!!😉
It’s just one of those things I had to put there, in the universe. Shouldn’t be a big deal, I probably have plenty of company.

Maybe I’ll post later about forward progress in life.

It’s just one of those things I had to put there, in the universe. Shouldn’t be a big deal, I probably have plenty of company.

But it is a big deal. It could ruin your life, or someone else's. And getting sober isn't easy, never has been, but it can, it WILL make all the difference in your future. I don't know how many of us here are recovering alcoholics but you've got two in your court.

Maybe pick the one that pulls you the least and wean it down then stop.
Get done with it real good then tackle the other..
Find new bad habits that don't involve addictive crap..or potential jail time.

Go outside and primal scream for a few minutes..you'll be too lightheaded to do either..
Go for a power walk barefoot..once you'll get home you won't want to move to get either..

Or maybe healthy version of those so you don't land in the funny farm..

Maybe pick the one that pulls you the least and wean it down then stop.
Get done with it real good then tackle the other..
Find new bad habits that don't involve addictive crap..or potential jail time.

Go outside and primal scream for a few minutes..you'll be too lightheaded to do either..
Go for a power walk barefoot..once you'll get home you won't want to move to get either..

Or maybe healthy version of those so you don't land in the funny farm..

Super blue moon tonight folks!

A super moon happens when our moon is closest in the orbit in proximity to Earth.

So it looks bigger..plus, this year it is a extra full moon

And all this happens...once in a blue moon..

Regardless..it will be beautiful I'm sure

Don't be surprised if you see spontaneous good vibes being exhibited by gentle hippie like folks, dancing to drum circles, howling and laughter floating easy on da wind.
Maybe a occasional steaker zipping by..
Be a good time to meditate too...

Super blue moon tonight folks!

A super moon happens when our moon is closest in the orbit in proximity to Earth.

So it looks bigger..plus, this year it is a extra full moon

And all this happens...once in a blue moon..

Regardless..it will be beautiful I'm sure

Don't be surprised if you see spontaneous good vibes being exhibited by gentle hippie like folks, dancing to drum circles, howling and laughter floating easy on da wind.
Maybe a occasional steaker zipping by..
Be a good time to meditate too...

Rod Stewart..gah...
Here is a song for @d_marsh to serenade to homegirl ..and he will likely sound 100 x better than ol 'rod..so it will be another hit..lol

Your full of songs tonight..
Check out harvest moon by...not by the guy that normally sings it..crap I forgot the band name..it's a gal on a ukulele n two guys..
Now I gotta look it up..
Love thir version..

Rod Stewart..gah...
Here is a song for @d_marsh to serenade to homegirl ..and he will likely sound 100 x better than ol 'rod..so it will be another hit..lol

Your full of songs tonight..
Check out harvest moon by...not by the guy that normally sings it..crap I forgot the band name..it's a gal on a ukulele n two guys..
Now I gotta look it up..
Love thir version..
There is NO moon at my place its dark dark dark and cloudy and rain

Latest posts

Back