What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Our moon has been bright red for awhile now because of the smoke.
Just finished changing the belts out on my truck. That was about the easiest thing I've ever done. Just need to check the oil, top off the washer fluid and clean the dog slober off the inside windows. Then I'll be ready to head south in the morning. The granddaughter wants some new cowgirl boots and a saddle. I'll get her the boots, but no on the saddle. She can keep riding bareback.

I got some housework done and made a loaf of bread.

Attachments

• IMG_2744.jpeg
    IMG_2744.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2747.jpeg
    IMG_2747.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2745.jpeg
    IMG_2745.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2757.jpeg
    IMG_2757.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Workity worked. Crazy Monday 🤪 and didn’t get everything done I need to so will see how tomorrow rolls.
Came home, forked up some piles of weeds and got them in the burn pile, a little more weedeating, and a shower.
Pumpkins are really turning orange just in the past few days.

Still trying to claw my way back to the land of the living, getting better, a little each day. My voice is still shot, lots of coughing still happening. This morning I managed to get the trash bin down to the road for pickup today, missed last week. The biggy, I finally got all the dishes done, last batch drying now. I made several tinctures right before I got sick. Got the left over jars washed and put away. Still have to wipe down a few big pans and put those away. Easy now that I have counter space in the kitchen. Got the chicken I bought yesterday vacuum sealed and into the freezer. Then dumped 50lbs of dog food into the bin on the porch (200lbs in the shop). The pup will be happy after a week of being fed all sorts of odds and ends. He seemed to like the rest of the spaghetti I made for dinner last night. No plans but tv tonight...

Still trying to claw my way back to the land of the living, getting better, a little each day. My voice is still shot, lots of coughing still happening. This morning I managed to get the trash bin down to the road for pickup today, missed last week. The biggy, I finally got all the dishes done, last batch drying now. I made several tinctures right before I got sick. Got the left over jars washed and put away. Still have to wipe down a few big pans and put those away. Easy now that I have counter space in the kitchen. Got the chicken I bought yesterday vacuum sealed and into the freezer. Then dumped 50lbs of dog food into the bin on the porch (200lbs in the shop). The pup will be happy after a week of being fed all sorts of odds and ends. He seemed to like the rest of the spaghetti I made for dinner last night. No plans but tv tonight...
Glad both you and @Bacpacker seem to be on the mend- of sorts.
You realize it’s not nearly as fun picking on y’all when you’re not feeling well so get yourselves better so’s I can get back to pickin’ 😇

Went and got a hair cut tonight. Shortest its been in 40 years, even when I got it cut for a job interview years ago. Wife said I almost look respectable. 🤣🤣.

Loaded up the trash to make a dump run tomorrow.

Pick away LadyL. I'd think you wuz mad at me otherwise
My condolences for your hair.

Ben

It'll be 90's this afternoon, and I finished all the animal and garden work, so inside work this afternoon....bread to make, two buckets of tomatoes to wash, sort...some for the freezer, peppers to fill up the dehydrators with, upstairs family room to clean, more laundry to do. Putting ribs into the crock pot for dinner. Deciding what to do with the big box of yummy peaches. Husband and pup are napping.
So what was the decision on the peaches? Inquiring minds want to know.

Chilly night, 60 degrees. My audio / video receiver that’s a heat making machine is alright now.

Clear sky and the full moon/blue moon/supermoon is bright enough to cast shadows.
what happened to summer??? It is supposed to be in the 40s tonight.
Stupid moon kept me up half the night, I don't sleep well during full moon when it shines into the window

Today husband is going to the doctor for his knee, maybe they can give him a shot or something
Then shopping.
We did end up butchering some chickens yesterday and one of them was too big to fit in any bags I have so this one will be just wrapped in plastic
Also made 2 small ( 6 inch) apple pies to test out if this works for the market. I made a regular batch of pie crust ( for 1 regular size pie) and it made 2 small ones.

Went and got a hair cut tonight. Shortest its been in 40 years, even when I got it cut for a job interview years ago. Wife said I almost look respectable. 🤣🤣.

So you left me as the only long haired hippy type on here My ears have not seen sun in 50 years,

The wife of one of my friends who passed a couple of years ago cuts my hair twice a year and she says I hold her money too long HEHEHEH, at least when she cuts it you can tell I have a neck for a month or two.

I may post a picture later or sooner depends on the past transgression, the statute of limitations the wanted lists and The Boss' lifespans, I don't want to die in a home fire.

@Bacpacker you'll sleep better with shorter hair. :eek:🤣 I can't believe you got it cut, like short? Like, above the collar?? Must be the full moon.
@Peanut glad you're feeling a little better. I don't like this, your being so sick.
@jishinsjourney love your calico critter set up. Do you sew?
I do, a bit. Stuff for the calico critters mostly, at this point.

I have an unfinished quilting object that has frustrated me for years because of bad instructions, and I think I should probably just piece together in my own way.

I’ve done a little bit of cosplay sewing too, but that was a big stretch. I haven’t done a lot of clothes sewing aside from that — mostly simple stuff like aprons and hats.

Got my haircut last week. It was starting to touch the top of my ears. I was starting to look like a hippy.

@Bacpacker you'll sleep better with shorter hair. :eek:🤣 I can't believe you got it cut, like short? Like, above the collar?? Must be the full moon.
@Peanut glad you're feeling a little better. I don't like this, your being so sick.
@jishinsjourney love your calico critter set up. Do you sew?
Yeah its up to the collar. Woke up this morning looking like Don King did my hair.😂😂😂😂😂😂

Latest posts

Back