What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
iu

it's cold!!! 40 degrees, and it's still summer and we have no firewood stacked yet

got busy yesterday, husband went to the doctor for his knee, and today going to get an xray at the hospital
Went shopping. I found out Family Dollar is not a dollar store LOL. Never been in one but I was waiting on husband at the doctor and it was next door so I went in to buy some dollar stuff. It was actually more expensive than walamart. I only got a few cheap things like knock off pinesol cleaning stuff since the real stuff got really expensive. It smells ok, haven't used it yet since I just cleaned

Got home, cooked , dishes and then more animal care. The big goat boys are getting bad, and want to get to the girls. One of them got over the fence again. Husband disconnected the electric tape we put up to keep him in when he was working on another section of fence and forgot to turn it back on
At the same time we had just moved the goats back over to the area with barn since it got cold and they have no winter fur yet obviously. One goat got stuck in teh fence, a female . So goat boy was trying to get her and we had some problems getting him and her to go where they are supposed to, especially since husband can't walk right at all. When they want to breed, even feeding them grain doesn't work. We did finally get a leash on her and put her in the barn. Then we caught him of course, trying to get in too.
I hope he is still in the pasture, we put him back and turned the battery back on the electric. Solar does not seem to be working, probably something shorting out touching the fence

Cooking. Lots of it. And dropping off a truck at the train station in the bigger town for son to get at 2 tomorrow morning. And a pharmacy pickup. Florida sis arrives at suppertime today. Son arrives at 2 tomorrow am, two daughters arrive at noon tomorrow from the airport.

Nice and cool this morning — 60-some and breezy with cloud cover. Gonna try to get out and work on the yard. It’s supposed to warm up to 90, still with clouds all day.

After that … shower, PT at home, and housecleaning. And call my nephew for his (belated) birthday. D&D tonight if a couple of the party members are available — they’re in the rundown to their wedding and may be too wiped out for social time.

Good morning!
Already walked and walked dogs.
Froze credit with all 3 credit companies.
Will cook some sausage and eggs for breakfast burritos.
Put away some canned goods in shed.
Decide what to can or dehydrate next.
Water roses tonight.

We were at 69 this morning, so a little better. Still supposed to hit 91 today with sun all day.

Good morning!
Already walked and walked dogs.
Froze credit with all 3 credit companies.
Will cook some sausage and eggs for breakfast burritos.
Put away some canned goods in shed.
Decide what to can or dehydrate next.
Water roses tonight.

We were at 69 this morning, so a little better. Still supposed to hit 91 today with sun all day.
The Love Bugs getting Moisture when it is Night-time...!!?

I'm trying to stay cool. It is getting warmer in the house. I have noticed that the ceiling stopped dripping now that the AC isn't cooling. It has rained recently so I'm assuming that it was the AC dripping condensation somehow. not sure how to fix it. And I know the AC guys won't want to go up in a hot attic. I wonder if I can put some sort of fan up there to cool things off. There might be a spot to plug in a box fan or something but I don't want to risk kicking up any asbestos fibers from the insulation. ugh.

I'm trying to stay cool. It is getting warmer in the house. I have noticed that the ceiling stopped dripping now that the AC isn't cooling. It has rained recently so I'm assuming that it was the AC dripping condensation somehow. not sure how to fix it. And I know the AC guys won't want to go up in a hot attic. I wonder if I can put some sort of fan up there to cool things off. There might be a spot to plug in a box fan or something but I don't want to risk kicking up any asbestos fibers from the insulation. ugh.
It’s the AC guys’ job to go up into the hot attic and deal with the potential asbestos. That’s what you’re paying them for. Have some ice-cold drinks for them as a thank-you, they’d probably appreciate it.

It does sound like something was loose and the condensation escaped the AC. That happened to us at our old house, and we had to replace half the ceiling in the loft.

It’s the AC guys’ job to go up into the hot attic and deal with the potential asbestos. That’s what you’re paying them for. Have some ice-cold drinks for them as a thank-you, they’d probably appreciate it.

It does sound like something was loose and the condensation escaped the AC. That happened to us at our old house, and we had to replace half the ceiling in the loft.
I have a hard enough time getting the guys to come out already. LOL. Turns out the compressor turned off. Got up to 89. Even Mom was feeling too hot and turned a fan on. And this is someone who is perpetually too cold. I checked and saw compressor was off and did the breaker thing again. It took several minutes for it to kick back on. It's down to 82 now.

Chilling with my 3 fans, Mewlatto on my lap, and planning a shed build for my friend. Also thinking ahead to how what we learn can be applied to build a new shed for the jet pump.

Its hot enough outside that Boo came inside and is sleeping on a plastic tub on the foot of my bed. He's really out because he's not reacting to me touching his paw with my big toe. Oh wait, he stretched is back foot. LOL. I was touching a front paw. I'm bored and its too hot to do any cleaning. I did get my brother to pull the trash bag out of the kitchen trash and I put a new bag in.

Been seeing helicopters flying over today carrying water buckets. I think they might be dipping water out of our pond to drop on the fire.
Was there a couple weeks ago, but that helicopter had a loudspeaker telling us to evacuate as I was loading the truck. I waved to them as i was getting dogs in the back of the truck to let them know I was heading out of Dodge.
Stay safe.

Wednesday August 21 st 2024

Glad I am almost over with today tasks
So far all went well 👍
Furry kids are quiet ...hopefully it will stay that way for the night

Cleaned Dane Girl ears and feet
And washed her face with warm water with her face cloth
She loves it!!! 🥰

49f tonight, breezy and the rain is back ...it stopped for few hours earlier
I think I will sleep well...hopefully

Wish you guys a great relaxing night !!!!! 😊

@Ekatarina our dorky dog helps me water the garden. He bites the water to get a drink. It’s hilarious. We think he is part dane (not quite that big) and moves like a dane. He’s not graceful 😂

Haven’t finished weedeating but have been pulling weeds like a crazy person (pearl be quiet 🤐). Every little bit helps. Beginning to make progress since the weather is a little more mild.

Jake started back to school today and I finally got the crusher running correctly.

View attachment 160280

Impressive.

My grandfather was a skilled grader operator. He used to have magazine subscriptions of heavy equipment. I loved them!

Your boy is coming of age well. Good looking fella.

Count your blessings!

Ben

Impressive.

My grandfather was a skilled grader operator. He used to have magazine subscriptions of heavy equipment. I loved them!

Your boy is coming of age well. Good looking fella.

Count your blessings!

Ben
I can run most any equipment but I have never been very proficient with a grader. Those older knuckle busters were really a handful.

Took dad to the doc in the big town, got his stitches out from 2 weeks ago. Then he got yet another skin spot cut off. I tried to accomplish an errand while there, drove all the way across town. A complete wasted trip during the afternoon rush hour. Guess I'll be going back tomorrow but earlier so I'll be finished before the rush even starts.

@Bacpacker I like the way your doctor thinks! Nice when they know what they’re doing, ain’t it?
@hashbrown Jake seems like a really good young man. If he hasn’t started giving y’all trouble by now, then I’d say it’s likely he’ll not have too big of a wild streak.
Acknowledging everyone who takes the time to report on their daily happenings. This is a great group of folks. 🧡
We’re on page 2024, it is 2024.
@CrocDundee Don’t disappear on us.
@OldSchool you doin’ alright?

Latest posts

Back