What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Geez, don't Know how I Missed that :

hooch said...rigs....i am probably only person on here knows what a rig is...maybe ladylocust.....i think i love you now.

i know you know what a crummy is too....lol...or a 6 pack....and no yall its not beer...lol

no question what industry you been around for sure.

p.s. talky tooter !
We had a 12 pack too. (Crew van) and a 4x4 dodge..but it only sat 3..was a beast tho..
We did alot of Doug fir removal that was getting too thick n encroaching on native grass land areas. Stands were planted in areas where they wernt before back in the day , then left.
We also did a ton of fisheries habitat restoration in streams that had been used to drag logs out of back in the day too. Salmon n trout populations were suffering due to the stream beds getting ripped up, pools destroyed or lacking in shade due to poor logging practices.
The fisheries industry and sport is a multi million dollar business in the pacific northwest, so we would spend weeks out in streams in the backcountry n rural mountains of California doing that and lots of trail work.
Good times..

Should be able to start putting the trusses up today and possibly the 1/2"×1" wire. I'll go down south on Monday to get the rest of the T 1-11 siding. The little building on the right is the brooder building.
20240816_201857.jpg

never rode in a crummy , but called miles, and threw wrappers , when I wasn't beddin" or wrenchin"
hooch said...rigs....i am probably only person on here knows what a rig is...maybe ladylocust.....i think i love you now.

i know you know what a crummy is too....lol...or a 6 pack....and no yall its not beer...lol

no question what industry you been around for sure.

p.s. talky tooter !

I see I am pages behind here now...
Had a good day at the market, sold all the bread, eggs and veggies except some cucumbers. Sold the 2 chickens we took for $50 ( for both) , didn't sell a lot of meat but there were 4 meat vendors total there
I paid attention, my bread was gone first LOL. Everyone sold out on bread today, people must have wanted carbs LOL
Will catch up later have to do dishes and animal care that didn't get done this morning

I see I am pages behind here now...
Had a good day at the market, sold all the bread, eggs and veggies except some cucumbers. Sold the 2 chickens we took for $50 ( for both) , didn't sell a lot of meat but there were 4 meat vendors total there
I paid attention, my bread was gone first LOL. Everyone sold out on bread today, people must have wanted carbs LOL
Will catch up later have to do dishes and animal care that didn't get done this morning
Golly, How Big were They...?!?

Went to the bigger town and got little granddaughter what she needed for band and for PE classes. Came home, and my bread maker/jam maker/yogurt maker was delivered, so after looking at the recipes, I went down to the amish store and got some bread flour, polenta, and gluten. Our whole town is closed on Sundays, so figured I'd better get it today if I want to try it out tomorrow. Talked to my nephew in Oklahoma. He and his wife with be coming in next weekend for the town celebration. We'll have a housefull. They've tried their hand at raising American Guinea Hogs and had their first 5 babies born yesterday, he was over the moon. Had to see the photos! Wouldn't mind raising them, too, but I'd want the set up done first. We'll see.

They've tried their hand at raising American Guinea Hogs and had their first 5 babies born yesterday, he was over the moon. Had to see the photos! Wouldn't mind raising them, too, but I'd want the set up done first. We'll see.
if you want meat I would pick a different breed, these guys are all lard , we had 2 a few years ago
They do taste really good however for the little meat you do get

Saturday Aug 17th 2024
Wow ! 8.30 pm
George and I had a very nice political conversation 1.5 hour 🥰
We both cant wait for the Elections !!! :p
We think so much the same !!!

75f goodness ☹️
Tuesday will be the best day...I think 60f
I might mow ...
I hate warmth so much since I was born ! 😊

I wish to sleep deep for once 💤
Supposed to have scattered showers tonight
I feel tired but day was fine

Sleep well when ever....
I will go to bed when I will be tired anough

A good day. @Pearl refuses to keep tabs on her weather. It was 99 here today 🙄. We’ve been in the 80s and supposed to be 80s and 70s next week.
Under the circumstances I let @Bacpacker take a day off and did my own weedeating. Got my sourdough baked- best loaf yet! 🤤. Made a nice wheel of cheddar. Then we did 9-1/2 quarts of salsa. Have more to take care of tomorrow but am hoping to make it to church so will see what I can accomplish.

Not a ton. Meds, logging several test daily for upcoming Dr visits. Answered a bunch of text, couple phone calls from folks checking up on me. Went down to the birds and fed with the wife. Bible study, plus some other reading, playing some online chess. Walked some in the driveway, sat on the porch for a while.

LadyL thanks for weedeating for me. :ghostly: :ghostly:

A good day. @Pearl refuses to keep tabs on her weather. It was 99 here today 🙄. We’ve been in the 80s and supposed to be 80s and 70s next week.
Under the circumstances I let @Bacpacker take a day off and did my own weedeating. Got my sourdough baked- best loaf yet! 🤤. Made a nice wheel of cheddar. Then we did 9-1/2 quarts of salsa. Have more to take care of tomorrow but am hoping to make it to church so will see what I can accomplish.
I checked in on the weather thread!! Stupid hot, and I'm loving it!!😉

MORNING DATE with Hubby! Yep, not some stranger, lol! He did some work on his truck and needs a good test drive....soooo, we are test driving it 45 minutes away to a lake we used to go to!! Otherwise I would NOT have a morning date😮🤔🙁! After 30 something years I know to pick my battles!! First going to the town closest to us for donuts, then hitting the road!! He asked if I wanted to go swimming, I said YES, in my pool when we get home!!😉😃 So updates on our "date"🙄 tomorrow!! Actually sounds like fun!!😉

today , getting caught up from doing market stuff . Animal care, do a load of laundry maybe, pull some weeds in the garden
we still don't have our Ranger back, really need to call them when they are open again ( Tuesday) to see what is the hang up.
I had a thought yesterday, I think I will make a cookbook for stuff we sell and call it "farmers cookbook" and sell it at the market, or give it away with a large purchase of meat or something. I did some for the kids, husband printed and put plastic covers on the pages. You can buy plastic sticky sheets for not much , most expensive part would be the printer ink. What a rip off that is....

if you want meat I would pick a different breed, these guys are all lard , we had 2 a few years ago
They do taste really good however for the little meat you do get
Tamworth, is a good bacon hog & they forge well also.

Should be able to start putting the trusses up today and possibly the 1/2"×1" wire. I'll go down south on Monday to get the rest of the T 1-11 siding. The little building on the right is the brooder building.
View attachment 159964
Beautiful place!!!! Just some like the ancestral homes in the Mountains I remember going to and staying in.

In the 60s Cuzs Aunt on his other side still lived on the side of the mountain looking straight out from a front porch like yours across the mountains and valleys for miles and miles just like in the 1800s.

She was Salt of the earth and a great cook on her wood fired stove and fireplace kettle hooks.

Latest posts

Back