What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
today getting ready for the trip to visit daughter. We are picking up a rental car today don't want to get stuck anywhere with any of our old vehicles. I rented a crappy little Toyota or something, it was cheap. I hate driving in cars but oh well.
Discovered a lump in my arm, probably a cancer and I am going to die soon with my luck. NO don't tell me to go to the doctor, I will not. It's just part of life , you get old and die.
Debating on what food to make for the trip tomorrow. I really hate fast food, so we are taking something along. I always did this on our trips in the past also. If we drove a long ways ( like across the country) we would stop at rest areas or state parks and have lunch at a picnic table.

It rained last night, actually a pretty big thunderstorm. I hope the goat bucks were ok in their little shelter, rain was going sideways
Power went off twice, but came back on

Good morning, Homesteading forum! It's 0529 and I just pulled up to the job site. Normally I wouldn't get here until about 0550, but I was up earlier than usual today. I've got coffee and the temperature finally cooled off here in Nebraska so it looks like it's going to be a good day to work. Have a great day, everybody!

I have discovered this afternoon that when a man’s tooth is pulled, it hurts exponentially worse than when a woman’s tooth gets pulled.
if men had to give birth the population be zero pretty fast.....if they had periods....well..population be zero even faster !

today getting ready for the trip to visit daughter. We are picking up a rental car today don't want to get stuck anywhere with any of our old vehicles. I rented a crappy little Toyota or something, it was cheap. I hate driving in cars but oh well.
Discovered a lump in my arm, probably a cancer and I am going to die soon with my luck. NO don't tell me to go to the doctor, I will not. It's just part of life , you get old and die.
:huggs:

Farm dog is going to have to wait this morning. Getting husband breakfast, and getting all the fresh food ready for the farm animals, then off to the docs before doing farm chores. He's pacing right now because little granddaughter just left on the bus. There's two windows he watches out when she goes.

Woke up to crazy rain. Checked on Dad. He still has pain and slept about three hours. I don’t think it’s the tooth pulling that’s hurting him, it’s probably the separating of the bridgework that was attached to the tooth. The other teeth are just hurting for their missing brethren. The original plan of day was a stock up trip to BJ’s and mowing the lawn. So my fallback plan is to stop in at work and demonstrate my awesome ability with needles lol, then stop at the grocery to get some things. Dad can eat. He wants ice cream and pudding. When I get home, I’ll set up the yarn swift and the ball winder and the yardage tracker and wind up all that yarn that I washed last time I had a weekend off. There’s just as much in a tote as what’s in the picture below. If I calculated correctly, I spun about 2700 yards.
IMG_2865.jpeg

I also need to get tomatoes out of all the freezers to make ketchup.

Today our new freezer arrives. (I saw a special at Home Depot). So we have been moving furniture out of the way so that the delivery man can "hopefully" get in where it needs to be without to much trouble. We've done all we can to prepare except empty the old freezer. We've loaded up our other little freezer & have an ice chest standing by. Lastly we have a table set up with a couple of blankets on it. We will load what doesn't fit on the tablet & cover everything with a couple of more blankets that should keep everything frozen for a good while. Also I picked up 3 garbage cans of leaves. Wrong time of the year, I know but with our lack of rain they are falling like it is December. After everything finished we may plug in our old freezer in the garage & put a chair in it. Then we can take turns being COLD.

Friday thankfully..

the pace at work this week has been fast faster and I wish something besides my $hit would break down kinda fast so I don't have to go faster to keep up.

Short night tonight..

Go to store...

....hook up trailer, getting new tires put on it tomorrow...

..shovel doggy poo

Mow a few weeds...

Watch the sun fade with pink, yellow n peachy hues of light spread across the mountionous western horizon. Deeper hues of dark blue fade to black untill tiny stars shine bright appearing as if on cue to announce the comming show of constellations danceing across the milky way..

Can't wait..

Here is my mess just from one day..lol
I customized a safety guard right off its hinges...
I'm very skilled at customizing and redirecting energy ..
A 12 ft 2x10 shot down the rolls sideways for the 3rd dozen time this week..instead of stopping it with a wrestling match..I let it

Attachments

• 20240830_001328.jpg
    20240830_001328.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240830_001319.jpg
    20240830_001319.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Got up, worked out at the apartment fitness center, went for a swim, took a shower and got dressed, went and met with my attorney, signed an initial acceptance letter to sell my property, stopped at a secure storage facility for a quick look around, drove home, mowed some grass and grabbed some sweet tea and my laptop before coming out to the patio. Now I am pondering life choices and playing on the internet.

I started to go up and get the roofing shingles for the new coop. They had the highway closed due to wreak. I was about half way to the lumber yard too. I waited for close to an hour with no sign of them opening the road. So I turned around and headed back home. That was a 60 mile wasted trip. I'm having lunch in town before heading home. Not going to get much accomplished today. I'll be home in about an hour.

Here is my mess just from one day..lol
I customized a safety guard right off its hinges...
I'm very skilled at customizing and redirecting energy ..
A 12 ft 2x10 shot down the rolls sideways for the 3rd dozen time this week..instead of stopping it with a wrestling match..I let it
looks like the paint even stayed on the screen, did one 2 x10 do that, to did it create a cascade or?

Dropped the Wife off to friends so the four of them could go to the beach.
Of coarse, they had me take pictures before they left & I told DW they reminded me of some T.V. show.................
The Golden Girls
1725057860381.png

looks like the paint even stayed on the screen, did one 2 x10 do that, to did it create a cascade or?
Did the paint stay on the screen? Not sure..probably..hard to tell with all the grease, sawdust dirt..
I'm tired of chasing overly swept lumber that won't track and stay on the chains..they sweep the lumber to utilize more of a log that has funky curves..it's supposed to save money, make more money because you get to utilize more log.
Great idea in theory..
We don't have the rest of the mill set up for handling swept boards..they don't stay put on the chains..they don't want to go up a descrambler like strait lumber will..so they launch , fly, crash, wreck everywhere destroy equipment, chains, diverter arms.
A hour ago I launch a 14 ft 2x4 vertically up 2 stories , it landed on the catwalk above me and it's end on my drive chain for my descrambler. I had to go upstairs..lol..to wiggle it out if the catwalk rails bcuz I couldn't lift 14 feet out of the drive chain above my head. Eaiser to pull it towards me from up high..
Frustrating...
That's why yesterday when that 2x10 went sideways..I just watched it wreck ..it popped up, started to submerge , got caught in the stacker arm drive thing n took out it's safety guard while I stepped back a few feet in case it broke n went flying my way

Did the paint stay on the screen? Not sure..probably..hard to tell with all the grease, sawdust dirt..
I'm tired of chasing overly swept lumber that won't track and stay on the chains..they sweep the lumber to utilize more of a log that has funky curves..it's supposed to save money, make more money because you get to utilize more log.
Great idea in theory..
We don't have the rest of the mill set up for handling swept boards..they don't stay put on the chains..they don't want to go up a descrambler like strait lumber will..so they launch , fly, crash, wreck everywhere destroy equipment, chains, diverter arms.
A hour ago I launch a 14 ft 2x4 vertically up 2 stories , it landed on the catwalk above me and it's end on my drive chain for my descrambler. I had to go upstairs..lol..to wiggle it out if the catwalk rails bcuz I couldn't lift 14 feet out of the drive chain above my head. Eaiser to pull it towards me from up high..
Frustrating...
That's why yesterday when that 2x10 went sideways..I just watched it wreck ..it popped up, started to submerge , got caught in the stacker arm drive thing n took out it's safety guard while I stepped back a few feet in case it broke n went flying my way
Not really convinced that the big high thru put mills are going to stay functional in the long run, especially if the decision make doesn't spend at least half the shift on the mill, and not on the head saw.

Friday August 30th 2024

I have to see a Dr this coming week I really do
At least this is normal = 117-62-54

I think I carry too heavy things I always do.
So much pain to
neck, sternum, ribs, scapula, lower trapezius and back 🥺
And difficulty to yawn

Anyway soon very soon September 2024

Sleep well 🥰

Also when they get a cold,they seem to think they're dying.
As you see I don't have much sympathy for males at the moment....
but,but I snagged a nail today,and it hurt hurt a lot.

I’m also putting together a “things to sell list”

Gotta get while the getting’s good… before complete economic collapse. I have way more tools than I need from when I was a heavy equipment tech and stocking my service truck with tools and having tools in the shop and at home. Then there’s all the vintage (early - mid ‘70s) stereo receivers I bought for restoration as a retirement gig - but I gotta ditch that.

I have discovered this afternoon that when a man’s tooth is pulled, it hurts exponentially worse than when a woman’s tooth gets pulled.
The weird thing is, women have more nerve endings than men do so can experience more pain. But I suppose it depends on the location and some men have high tolerance for pain. My dad did-- but then he suffered from migraines. People who suffer from migraines tend to have a higher pain threshold than people who don't. My best friend had to be gassed to have teeth pulled and then took narcos afterward. I had a tooth pulled and only took naprosyn afterward as anti-inflammatory. i was given an RX for narcos but didn't bother to fill it. Didn't need it. My dentist was surprised. But i'd been having dental work without being fully numb for years. Always just pinched my leg if I felt any pain. I've had kidney stones and gotten really cranky and wanted to curl up in a ball but my best friend has gone to the ER. Granted he had larger kidney stones than I did. I was able to pass mine without any intervention.

Mom woke me up at 4am to change her insulin cartridge and tubing. I knew she was low on insulin so I had pre-loaded a cartridge a few hours earlier so it was faster.

Went to HD for curbside pickup. It was raining hard so Steve, the employee, waved me over to the loading bay. He's a cool dude. Always very friendly and helpful. Bro helped load stuff into the truck and we shook hands with Steve and went to the Chinese place for lunch. Then back home. Mom wanted a fillet of fish from McDonalds so I stopped there and snapped a picture of a rainbow. I went inside to get my order so the employee wouldn't have to walk out in that rain with my food.

That is why I will never work in factory maintenance again.

Right now driving to work is dangerous enough. lol
I know...that's why I sometimes just let **** go. Watching lumber fly 30 feet across the ceiling and land somewhere it doesn't belong is always a good reminder to not let my guard down there.

Latest posts

Back