What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got up, made breakfast, ate breakfast, and did the dishes. Now I am just sitting here in this soft puffy chair enjoying the lady's high speed internet. She is already throwing out some risqué and playful comments so I am pretty sure it won't be long before it will be time to "take a nap". Then I have to figure out what I will be cooking these people for dinner. Am I the only one who at least semi-plans out meals instead of just winging it day to day?
I plan a weekly menu!! Had to get tough with Hubby about screwing up the burger plan! 😃

I've put up 2 hanging lamps. Both of my knees are still sore. My wife took a friend to the ER so she's not here to tell me to do something else. Oh & I had to go back to a store this morning because I bought 3 under bed storage containers for my wife yesterday (wrong size of course but she said never mind) & one of them didn't have a top. Got the top & the rest of the day I'm not leaving the house even if it's on fire (not even if I run out of beer). I'm going to do NOTHING!

Celebrating our 40th anniversary.
Happy Ruby Anniversary !
1725210250100.png

Today, and for the first time ever.. I tried using the ignore feature…
🤣

Couldn’t find the correct page in my account to do so…

Not a big deal and would have only been a temporary test.
Bro. Go to the home page of the person you wish to ignore. It is there you will find the means to do so. 😆

Bro. Go to the home page of the person you wish to ignore. It is there you will find the means to do so. 😆
i love this new ignore feature..i have turned off certain threads now and i turned off entire sections till this election is over...i done heard all i want of the K name and T name and more for awhile....people are just wallowing in it right now.

I do it every single year ...by myself
10 cords in basement for the Winter
superwoman right there !! a stihl,husky or jonsereds?

I got conscripted into firewood season early, a big tree fell thru the corral fence, narrowly missing the waterer, and somehow relocating my big gooseneck nail puller. the first 14ft
002.jpg

Last edited:
I got conscripted into firewood season early, a big tree fell thru the corral fence, narrowly missing the waterer, and somehow relocating my big gooseneck nail puller. the first 14ftView attachment 161096
We have had several large trees down this summer!! Hubby got two of them cut up, I think there are three lined up next! The spitters will get a workout soon! We have at least 10 cords stacked and ready for this year! Lots of snakes here right now, so no messing around, must be careful! So to get this thread back on track, I am going to take a quick nap right now and leave the firewood alone!!😉

I've been wanting to re-play an old computer game that I liked from back in the late 90's. So today I got Warcraft II Battle.net Edition up and running on my computer. I still had the original CD and user manual. So I ripped the CD to an ISO image, mounted that in Linux, then got the ancient Windows executable running under Wine.

Then I saw that the original game was 640x480 resolution. Which shows up as a postage stamp sized window on modern high resolution screens. I did some searching and found that user-enthusiasts have created a patch for the game that allows it to be played in higher resolutions. Not just a scaled up 640x480 blob (which would look horrible), but actually running in a large window and making use of all those extra pixels. So now I have the game running to fill my 1920x1080 screen. You can sure see a lot more of the battlefield at this resolution, and don't have to put up with all that scrolling from the original game.

I still have a few tweaks to look into. Currently I'm running it fully software rendered using motherboard/CPU integrated graphics (this computer does not have a separate graphics card) and I would like to investigate hardware rendering. But so far the software rendering is just fine. I can't spot any problems or slowdowns. I guess modern CPU's (the one on my test computer is already ten years old!) just have no problem with these old games, even when they're getting a double whammy performance hit because the game is running under Wine and using integrated graphics.

Now it's time to go slaughter some Orcs!

I've been wanting to re-play an old computer game that I liked from back in the late 90's. So today I got Warcraft II Battle.net Edition up and running on my computer. I still had the original CD and user manual. So I ripped the CD to an ISO image, mounted that in Linux, then got the ancient Windows executable running under Wine.

Then I saw that the original game was 640x480 resolution. Which shows up as a postage stamp sized window on modern high resolution screens. I did some searching and found that user-enthusiasts have created a patch for the game that allows it to be played in higher resolutions. Not just a scaled up 640x480 blob (which would look horrible), but actually running in a large window and making use of all those extra pixels. So now I have the game running to fill my 1920x1080 screen. You can sure see a lot more of the battlefield at this resolution, and don't have to put up with all that scrolling from the original game.

I still have a few tweaks to look into. Currently I'm running it fully software rendered using motherboard/CPU integrated graphics (this computer does not have a separate graphics card) and I would like to investigate hardware rendering. But so far the software rendering is just fine. I can't spot any problems or slowdowns. I guess modern CPU's (the one on my test computer is already ten years old!) just have no problem with these old games, even when they're getting a double whammy performance hit because the game is running under Wine and using integrated graphics.

Now it's time to go slaughter some Orcs!
We like to blow things up.

Ben

Sunday September 1st ...2024
That was a kind of lazy day
Why not October 🤣 would be great
Four long weeks !!!

All day was a relaxing kind of day
I did broom ..did some dirty litters
Now sipping a very hot
Bergamot Black Earl Grey Tea with honey

Then ...bed ..and sleep sleep and sleep 😴

But not now ...a bit later 🙃
Have a good one
Tomorrow is Monday
Ah ok ....Labor Day

I wish I had the pics of My grandsons wedding it was A pretty good ceremony but Mama And Papa were looking like the Rockefellers that night Hollywood would have slinked out the back door I will try to find one and see if I can scan it in here.

Everybody in town just about came to it.

I need to catalogue all the pictures we have, they're just in albums boxes and on disks and I have not had time to hunt them all up.

Heres part of the clan.

1725239371822.jpeg

Cats likes to give me french kisses ...they likes to hold my face with one of their paw
they love to smell my mouth too ..they are funny and adorable
Err..umm...
Cats likes to give me french kisses ...they likes to hold my face with one of their paw
they love to smell my mouth too ..they are funny and adorable
😳

Latest posts

Back