What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe a bit, but very slowly. Mostly room air, but not entirely today. He's hoping to continue his IV care at home, but it's not possible yet. They're running heparin 24/7, and rotating three different antiobiotics, just switched one to a different one today. Not sure what they're doing about the mersa infection yet, and don't think they know. They're waiting for all the cultures to come back in. The echo they did today I think was not too terrible. I can do the IV at home for him, but only with one antibiotic, not all the stuff he's on right now. All the good docs are out for the three day. He knows he's not ok enough to come home just yet, so he's not being that obnoxious. He gets pretty bossy and vocal.

Out for a ride today with Mrs. Quark. On the back home I saw some black blobs in the road. I slowed down and no cars were going so I swerved to the left and in the road was a group of baby racoons. I missed them and they scooted under a fence and into the field.

I was a good boy.

This morning about 0700 I saw a small Muley 4 point buck munching on grass outside my bedroom window. I was surprised the buck was still in velvet.

That's my day.

Just an easy day today of recovering from last nights chaotic windstorm the warnings only said that a line from Robe right down to the SA/VIC border taking in towns close to the coast like Millicent, Port MacDonnell and Mount Gambier would only be affected by destructive gusts however said gusts made it further inland roughly after 9:30-10pm

My wireless weather station anemometer picked up gusts in the high 40's to mid 50's km/h range had of it been a bit higher up position wise those gusts would've easily cleared about 80 or 90 km/h luckily no more trees or big branches fell in front or back yard surprisingly enough the fence I hand built myself out of fence droppers, chicken wire and old pieces of corrugated iron withstood relentless gusts and squalls

The only casualty was a reasonable sized portion of tree across the road from my place breaking off from its base and making a decent crunch sound as it toppled over half on the lane way and other piece in a paddock

There’s probably a club you could join. You good even post a thread in the new members section so we can properly welcome you.
;)
LMOL, She's been here Almost a Year Longer than You...!!!

Last edited:
FInished my first aid course for work. Took 6 hours in total. Good stuff to know. Actually, I think they should have that course open to all employees not just the ones doing immunizations.

Will be going to work for half a day today--2 to 6pm--another tech is doing the morning shift. Funny how Labor Day is the holiday with the longest open hours. Don't mind; work 4 hours get paid for 6 on top of 8 hours of holiday pay.

Last edited:
Here at US Vets they always throw some kind of meal. Sometimes it good sometimes not. Memorial day was painfully lacking. Starts at 12 noon but I've never in 5 years seen it start on time. I suppose as long as it's free it's all good. Not doing anything otherwise but watch tv and nap until tonight when I start all over. Getting my 7x14 mini lathe soon so progress will increase on my projects. Good luck to you all and hope your holiday is great.

squirrel climbed power pole and committed suicide and blew the pole fuse out...guys came out and had it fixed in 10 minutes once here.....said it was 2nd squirrel of the day already.

Celebrating our 40th anniversary.
Happy anniversary to you both!

Yesterday was Church and then cooked out.

Already walked this morning.
Walked dogs.
2 loads of laundry almost done.
Cleaned up grill and will order new grease tray liner.
Pretty much done for the day!

Listening to conservative based news/talk radio.

The open and truth based comments about Harris and Waltz being communist are kinda amazing and refreshing… the truth can still be spoken. We aren’t toast, yet.
Operative word "YET"

We have all witnessed the suppression of free speech, Conservative speech, etc.

They have yet to gain FULL control, but they are well on their way ... all the pieces are in place.

Bro. Go to the home page of the person you wish to ignore. It is there you will find the means to do so. 😆
It worked, but I just un-ignored him. He’s good people, I just didn’t like some of his replies. Fact is I might not be here if he didn’t kinda recruit me through a third party… I thank him for that.

Latest posts

Back