What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got my meds for the poopy butted lambs yesterday , so today we are going to medicate them , especially since they are in the barn already. It will still not be fun but has to get done. I would rather spend time with daughter and granddaughter
Not sure what else we are doing today, it's their last day here before they have to head back to Norfolk
Will miss them for sure :(

iu

Got lots of chores to do this morning, mostly involving mowing and trimming and cutting back some trees. Already started but decided to take a coffee/internet break. Once the chores are done I need to go hit the roadside stands for some of those heirloom tomatoes and other things to make dinner with. Also need to find the time today or tomorrow to go see my pops before I head off for parts unknown. Already paid the bills for things he thinks are included in his rent but I actually pay for separately. Things like the internet, television, cleaning lady and grocery/prescription delivery. It was easier to let him believe they were included than to fight over it. And who knows, he might have already figured it out but as long as neither of us acknowledges it things will remain cool.

@Peanut tell me you had some good stands under the car in that picture Bama does not need to lose any independent farmers We have too many big 10,000 + acre farming/timber operations in the NWA-NEM corners.

My transmission shop friend was mashed up pretty bad and lucky he had all the tires on the car that fell on him. He retired after he came back and had an arm that he could not work 12 hours a day and taught automatic Transmission building and repair at one of FMCs school for years.

Cleaning up and working on the front of the house to get ready for a picture.

@Peanut tell me you had some good stands under the car in that picture Bama does not need to lose any independent farmers We have too many big 10,000 + acre farming/timber operations in the NWA-NEM corners.

My transmission shop friend was mashed up pretty bad and lucky he had all the tires on the car that fell on him. He retired after he came back and had an arm that he could not work 12 hours a day and taught automatic Transmission building and repair at one of FMCs school for years.

Cleaning up and working on the front of the house to get ready for a picture.

The car is actually sitting on 3 wood blocks, 2- 6x6's and a 4x4. I only use a jack to raise equipment, not to hold it up. Maybe you can see the blocks in this zoom.. The actual car frame is narrow, had to push the blocks further underneath than the jack. The rear wheels are blocked also.

20240705_190435a.jpg

Last edited:
The car is actually sitting on 3 wood blocks, 2- 6x6's and a 4x4. I only use a jack to raise equipment, not to hold it up. Maybe you can see the blocks in this zoom.. The actual car frame is narrow, had to push the blocks further underneath than the jack. The rear wheels are blocked also.

View attachment 156955
What's keeping the Jack from Sinking...?!?

Hell, we have all got older and fatter! Been a lot of folks come and go since back in those days.
Didn't "we" get in trouble from a couple of jealous people on PS back in the day

I just found my escaped Woodruff key, it managed a 10 foot flight, so now to finish the job.

View attachment 156955
I see those blocks of wood, but it still gives me anxiety to see that.

We survived the Costco run. It was very busy—much busier than we expected. Thought with the holiday weekend where more people would have four days due to Thursday holiday it would be less crowded. The one we go to is in an area of Rockland County that has a higher than average orthodox Jewish population and Saturday mornings are not busy there. It was still better than going to the one closer to home.

It is wicked hot here—even dad is complaining about it—so I plan on staying in the house and running the heck out of my AC. The thermometer says 92 but the humidity is making it feel like 100.

Last edited:
Every-time I start out the door to do some yard-work the Sun Beams at Me and sends me scurrying Right back inside... Found "Murdoch Mysteries" on ION +, good show to watch so I am...!!! :popcorn::thumbs:

Last edited:
Changed Mom's insulin cartridge and the tubing but for some reason her blood sugar is staying high. I think maybe the canula isn't in right or came loose when I was trying to unclip the tubing to replace. You have to unclip the tubing while the canula is on the patient to fill the tube so you can make sure it is filled properly. Then you reconnect it and fill the canula. I have a very hard time removing the Autosoft 90. Going to ask them to send Autosoft XC next time.

Went to exchange a part at HD and totally forgot to check the other fittings to make sure they were right and one of them was the wrong one. I'm not going to waste the gas to go back up there. They would not reimburse me for the gas to go back up and get the right one with the other fitting. I can just grab one at the local hardware store when its open. My fault for not checking.

Grabbed sweet feed at TSC and fed the cows. Also scored a cute little toy blue frog. Got home and fed Mom. Then went to fix the pipes only to find that the pvc cement was dried up. Someone didn't put the cap back on right (think it was my friend bc he was the last one to use it). Couldn't find any pvc cement in the house so I had to go back to TSC and got some brand I'd never heard of. Had to zoom in on my phone to read instructions. Cure time 2 hrs. Got the pipes together now and am waiting for it to cure before I turn water back on. I don't want that blowing apart again. Although I will use a tiedown strap to hold it together in absolute worst case.

I really want to take a shower.

Now if I can keep Me Lids from dropping as the rain is Dropping Outside...!!! 😴

Now Me Knows where the Idea for "Weekend at Bernies"1989 came from :

Season 10, Episode 8 "Weekend at Murdochs" 11/18/2016 or Vice Versa...?!?

as always, those brits are behind the times...!!! 🤣

1720299130706.png

Last edited:
Now Me Knows where the Idea for "Weekend at Bernies"1989 came from :

Season 10, Episode 8 "Weekend at Murdochs" 11/18/2016 or Vice Versa...?!?

as always, those brits are behind the times...!!! 🤣

View attachment 156963
it was just the precursor to the joe show (lets's go brandon)

Break time from the weed eating, battery charging, I am gonna get a big large bore corded weed eater to do this stuff even a commercial battery would take three to get it all.

The driveway edging and line around the brick takes the most line, a full round takes two or three spools.

I have a large Stihl handlebar type commercial gas, but it has a hedge clipper on it.
I have a single line, spool and saw for it too.

Putting my feet up and having some iced tea before tackling the kitchen and starting dinner. We did a ton of errands in the bigger town. Found a few devotionals at the thrift store, and little granddaughter found a chocolate mold and embroidery hoops that she makes dream catchers out of. When to the bulk food store, and got a few things...their prices of course keep going up. Did get 20 lbs of wheat berries, and some buckets, quinoa, and some fry pies that we ate on the way to the next place. Loaded up on feed at Atwoods, they were out of alot of it, so we improvised on some of the game bird feed and ingredients for a scratch supplement. Little granddaughter and I just unloaded 15 40lb bags, so I just took an Aleve for my hip. Time to relax for a little while.

Went and turned the shutoff to let the pump get primed and then realized the cistern was low but the switch didn't trigger. I hate that switch so much. I had to pull on it to get it to start filling. I'm going back out in a few minutes after I fight with the redacted sliding glass door that jams everytime I try to open it. Can I put vaseline in the track to make it slide better? LOL. Glass keeps separating from the frame making it even harder and I came close to kicking it.

On the upside, Mom's blood sugar FINALLY went down. She said it was at 100. I'm going to keep checking to make sure it doesn't drop too low. It was over 400 for more than 24hrs so I'm glad its back down.

Break time from the weed eating, battery charging, I am gonna get a big large bore corded weed eater to do this stuff even a commercial battery would take three to get it all.

The driveway edging and line around the brick takes the most line, a full round takes two or three spools.

I have a large Stihl handlebar type commercial gas, but it has a hedge clipper on it.
I have a single line, spool and saw for it too.
if the hedge clipper will adjust to the correct angle they do a fantastic job on weeds, as long as you don't need to touch a fence etc.

Latest posts

Back