What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
iu

Because they dont want you to be comfortable when you do the welding.

Lost a really good friend to cancer a few years back, he was one of the best I have ever seen was a pipeline welder for Columbia Gulf for years.

He could take a mirror and bend a welding rod backward weld a vertical crack in something and it would look like a flat weld.

First time I saw him do it was on a boom truck I had, the weld on the boom to the frame pin boss had cracked, I dressed it and he just got out his WIFES hand mirror and bent a 100-16D2 rod and buzzed it like it was just burning two clean plates together.

He didn't break the mirror so we lived through it.

Typical summer cabin chores. Going through the linen closet to eliminate stuff and organize it (so Dad can mess it up on his solo trips here). Doing the same with the pots/pan cupboard and the utensil drawer.

Will be moving rocks to “adjust” the walkway in. That big boulder in the center is hard for the old man to get over. Going to move the smaller ones to meet up with the one to right then fill in with some nice walkway gravel. Marked the path in red.
IMG_0487.jpeg

Hope to get some weaving in too.

Because they dont want you to be comfortable when you do the welding.

Lost a really good friend to cancer a few years back, he was one of the best I have ever seen was a pipeline welder for Columbia Gulf for years.

He could take a mirror and bend a welding rod backward weld a vertical crack in something and it would look like a flat weld.

First time I saw him do it was on a boom truck I had, the weld on the boom to the frame pin boss had cracked, I dressed it and he just got out his WIFES hand mirror and bent a 100-16D2 rod and buzzed it like it was just burning two clean plates together.

He didn't break the mirror so we lived through it.
Some where I have a few mirrors with helmet guard lenses attached , as long as one doesnt look anywhere but the puddle it works well, and some are better at it than others

Coffee, wondering why the welding jobs don't show up in winter????
Hubby has a blacksmithed gate to make. Got the order right as triple digits began. He might get to start on it towards the end of this week as it's supposed to cool off a bit. He said the same thing - why not in Feb.

Hubby has a blacksmithed gate to make. Got the order right as triple digits began. He might get to start on it towards the end of this week as it's supposed to cool off a bit. He said the same thing - why not in Feb.
especially smithing work, it is nasty hot

I used to do a lot of gas welding and BZZZZZZZZ like smith work when it is hot weather there is no distance the does not burn as you work.

Sonny has a sound Job to do Paxton Peay at the historic Neshoba County Fair in Mississippi on the the 30th at 9:30pm till 12:30am

1721671349265.png

This is a one of a kind thing.

1721671487601.png

1721671622846.png

These cabins line the walkways throughout the central part of the fairgrounds.

I am cleaning Speakers and cables for the show 6 line arrays, 6 subs, all of the cases full of mixers and controllers plus the lights and smoke machines.

Well I grossly underestimated the amount of river pebble I needed. Going to the Amish farm tomorrow, so we’ll stop at the lumber yard and pick up more. Lots more. LOL

IMG_0488.jpeg

I’ll supplement it every time I come up until the white marble chips are covered.

Grocery, food prep, cleaning, packing.
Need to get to a car dealership to replace my key fob. Should clean out the car, vacuum it. Clean up front porch.
Is it broke and They have to replace it at the Dealership...?!? I ask because mine got goofy so I went to replace the battery and found out it is so old the seal got brittle, went Online and found a New Empty(Shield/Container) and moved the innards... Now no more problems and less than $15.

Many Choices : https://duckduckgo.com/?t=ftsa&q=Auto+key+Fobs&ia=web

Like the last 22 days, I'm doing squat ... just trying to get my back healed ... but these past few days I've felt a significant improvement.

Going to have to hire lawn guys to mow my lawn, cause it may be quite awhile before I can do it myself.

Pissed that I have not been able to cook too. Hopefully another couple weeks and I should be ok to start doing some normal things.

@Snowman it appears to be the innards not the outer fob, and a new battery didn’t cut it. I don’t know. The outer shell didn’t seem to have any problems.
And that is why I do everything I can to keep my old truck that needs a key to start—nonpush button. When the remote stopped I still had a key to open the one and only keyhole (driver side) and start the truck.

I hope the dealer is helpful to you.

I can't believe how long we waited past husband's appt time at the motor vehicle place. This IT problem took down their computers, and only one was fixed to work. Nearly two hrs past our appt, then finally. Just a renewal. So good for another 4 yrs.

family just left today...came in several days ago for a visit...now i will be singing twinkle twinkle little star and old mcdonald had a farm at least a week in my head now...i got brainwashed by them.....cant wait till they get big enough to pull weeds...lol

family just left today...came in several days ago for a visit...now i will be singing twinkle twinkle little star and old mcdonald had a farm at least a week in my head now...i got brainwashed by them.....cant wait till they get big enough to pull weeds...lol
Day after tomorrow, they will be graduating from high school 🏫

Day after tomorrow, they will be graduating from high school 🏫
one of my little garden helpers i use to post about at our old forum....is over 21 now.....what happened? i want my 8 year old back i tell you....lol.....she showed off a few times in college showing or telling something about gardening...lol

Latest posts

Back