What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Coffee, Got a text a 0:dark:45 this morning about the machine I grumbled of earlier,
So Coffee and hopefully go troubleshoot in the rain, if thats what it take to make it rain, I am up for it.

iu

I like quail.
Did you mean their cute little faces or with rice and gravy? I like both.

Bo and I already walked.
Went to local grocery and got chicken thighs for .99 a pound to grill tomorrow or Monday.
Need to do some ebay photos of vintage leaflets I was given by a retired cake decorator.
Might make and can 3 bean salad, might not get to it.
Trying to take it a little easy. 4 hours 45 minutes sleep. Hope to do better tonight.

Time for a "The Man" thread?

Congrats on finding some joy. Sorry he isn't military. :cool:
The ones who burnt me badly were military.
One left me at the alter several years ago.
One was military and cheated after we got married.
One military man like to beat on women, children cause then he was showing them who wore the pants in the family.
He found out the hard way he didn't wear the pants in our family.
I divorced his happy a**, got custody of our sons.
So yeah I have trust issues.

The ones who burnt me badly were military.
One left me at the alter several years ago.
One was military and cheated after we got married.
One military man like to beat on women, children cause then he was showing them who wore the pants in the family.
He found out the hard way he didn't wear the pants in our family.
I divorced his happy a**, got custody of our sons.
So yeah I have trust issues.

Well that sucks. But I would submit that there are pricks in every male demographic, military or otherwise. A lot of my former battle buddies are happily married and living the American dream. I would definitely recommend you avoid Air Force officers, not that they are interest in women anyway. ;)

Well that sucks. But I would submit that there are pricks in every male demographic, military or otherwise. A lot of my former battle buddies are happily married and living the American dream. I would definitely recommend you avoid Air Force officers, not that they are interest in women anyway. ;)
They were Army(ex husband), Marine( left at alter), Air Force was the other.
And the one introduced us was ex brother in law-Navy.
He worked with him at Intel.

Last edited:
Little granddaughter is still mucking through the chicken coop, she was dragging her feet this morning, and now is stuck in the heat with it to finish. We wore out the pup...he was doing morning chores with us, and I was flooding the tomato bushes...he sat and rolled in the mud. He did get in trouble for chasing guineas, I don't want him to take down birds. That heeler is so focused, even at five months old, it's hard to get his attention sometimes. But I did finally, and he comes back...slinking and wiggly, knowing I was ticked at him and he did wrong.
New baby keets are in the milkhouse and did well overnight. Finished up their feed last night, and I'll check on them again soon. Two baby turkeys are very ready to get moved out of the family room and into the milkhouse with the rabbits. I love it when the milkhouse rooms are filled with babies. It's a good time of year.
So Walmart has my prescription cream ready, so I'll drive the half hr to pick it up and maybe get a few things while I'm there.
Just got notified that pups favorite toy is on one of the porches. We ordered two "banana dogs" for him. He ate the dog head off of the one he had, ate half the banana body, the squeaker is out. It's him favorite toy ever. So now he's got two more.

Got back from Sam's Club, got everything put away 🥱🙄! We did scan and go for the first time. Loved it! Scan each item with your phone as you put it in the cart, check out on your phone, no check out aisle, the gal at the door scans a QR code on your phone and out you go!! Faster! I'm pooped out ow, heading for nap land!!

Did you mean their cute little faces or with rice and gravy? I like both.

Bo and I already walked.
Went to local grocery and got chicken thighs for .99 a pound to grill tomorrow or Monday.
Need to do some ebay photos of vintage leaflets I was given by a retired cake decorator.
Might make and can 3 bean salad, might not get to it.
Trying to take it a little easy. 4 hours 45 minutes sleep. Hope to do better tonight.
I meant their cute little selves. I have eaten them too but not much meat on them so prefer bigger birds for eating.

This morning, 3 bucks passed between us and the neighbors: a forky, a 3x3 and the big boy 4x4 😍

Zero turn in the shop pushed mowed am acre,, the rest can get head high about another 2 acres. We have had so much rain needs to be mowed about every 4 days. Usually brown and crunchy by now and I don't have to mow but about every 3 weeks. The good old days. Push mower is a 80 volt Atlas and does excellent, would not have thought a battery powered would be so good. I have had it for 3 years.

Last edited:
Tommyice....I would do the same thing when we bought our farm years ago, but lived 10 hrs away. Couldn't convince husband to come up more than three times a year, and only for a few days at a time. I hated to leave. It's been so nice to live here, now. You'll get there, not too much longer.

Tommyice....I would do the same thing when we bought our farm years ago, but lived 10 hrs away. Couldn't convince husband to come up more than three times a year, and only for a few days at a time. I hated to leave. It's been so nice to live here, now. You'll get there, not too much longer.
Thanks Amish. It gets harder every time. Especially because my brother, sister in law and her uncle are there. I hate leaving them.

It was sooo hard for me, and I was the only one wanting to move. Husband kept putting off retirement. Using daughter's pharmD expenses as an excuse. She was at the university 3 yrs, then decided to do the pharmD program, so a total of 7 years. He prefers cities, says they're more diverse. He tolerates it here, this is my happy place. I do think it's better for him, he gets out in nature so much more, and there's not the crazy violence here, and everyone is pretty nice. I think he just misses working. I don't. I find things to do all the time. We are always upgrading and remodeling, though. Still waiting for the handyman guy to have time for us. We have a very long list. He is good, though, so worth the wait.

Worked, picked up my other set of headlight bulbs. Low beams now are almost as bright as the old high beams. Got home and grabbed the wife and took off to a good little produce market. Got a few goodies and a bushel of tomatos. Shes wanting to can and our just aren't making much. Ill go grab another box when those are canned. Had to pick up some scripts for her, then to one of our favorite restaurants for supper.
Back home now sitting on the porch sipping some brandy and smoking a fine cigar

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back