What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To much cheese without meat or fiber will stop me up.
I'm tired..
Dog has the shits..
I think the skunk set up residence..
So I get home about 0130, climb in bed about 0200ish
Up about every half hour to 45 minutes so dog can poo outside ..I'd leave dog outside but I don't want a skunks, crappy butt dog too..so I wait till sunrise to leave him out so I can get a few hours sleep..
I'm giving him pepto..it usually works but this time it's not doing good enough.
Has anyone used anything else for a pup with the 💩?

Change a control cable (data) sounds easy right , except for the plugs on the end make it so a bunch of hydraulic hoses have to come out first. and they are inside a tube that they barely fit in, (Whine snivel grumble) end of rant

that is helpful, keep him out to 💩and then de skunk him and prolly his pal
Lol..
Exactly..that's what I'm afraid of.
I'd rather have one problem as opposed to 2 .
Plus..at least he will poo 💩 on the towel I put down for him. He knows not to go in the house..but he can't hold it.
Washing two dogs at 0130 in the am..isn't a great idea and the tin can will stink like skunk again..
I need to trap this skunk.

I am working for the law firm tomorrow. Got my assignment via text and have to pick up some information mid-morning. My exciting adventure into the world of being a whatever the hell I am is going to begin by getting a flash drive back from someone. I know, sounds incredibly exciting. I am surprised they are not sending an entire team in for this one.

Lol..
Plus..at least he will poo 💩 on the towel I put down for him. He knows not to go in the house..but he can't hold it.
Washing two dogs at 0130 in the am..isn't a great idea and the tin can will stink like skunk again..
If you can find him a little ways away from the house, a high velocity injection of copper coated lead makes a very satisfying skunk explosion. Just sayin'...😉

I saw it the other night when I rolled in. I had my boomstick..but the little f$%^<& ran towards the tin can..then under it! Dang...it can out from under the porch last time it sprayed the dog.
I usually don't have much problem with them. Them come around occasionally, but don't hang around. I don't leave food out but I did have a turkey hen nest that it got..so it keeps comming back. Occasionally I don't always get all the eggs if they are laid before I leave for work.
I'll take care of it. One way or another..

Lol..
I've trapped many skunks over years, and more times than not I'd get sprayed. But this year I bought a tube trap, it was designed just for skunks. When the skunk is in the trap they can't spray. You can take the trap and put it underwater and drown the skunk, or take it somewhere and turn it loose.

I've trapped many skunks over years, and more times than not I'd get sprayed. But this year I bought a tube trap, it was designed just for skunks. When the skunk is in the trap they can't spray. You can take the trap and put it underwater and drown the skunk, or take it somewhere and turn it loose.
Or let it go in a nice open field, let it run off a little ways, and then explode it. A 22-250 works nicely but anything up to 50BMG is acceptable. All skunks must die and the more spectacular the explosion is, the better it is for everyone and everything. Anything that smells that bad should not be permitted to live...

Sams order of dry goods got dumped on our porch, so neighbor boy Levi and I just unloaded it, put it all away, and flattened boxes. Husband and I went into town to the bank, post office, and amish grocery, and ran into Levi. It's hot out and he rode his bike, so we popped it in the back of the truck and gave him a lift. He is now inside cooling off, giving husband suggestions on music to play. So far it's been, "Green Tractor", and "Try that in a small town". Little granddaughter and Levi's sis, Mercy, are out having a girl's day in the bigger town. They went out for Boba tea, got some lunch, and are shopping at Hobby Lobby. Need to check on the baby guineas soon, they are out of the brooders and are en masse in the milkhouse huge cage.

I used to put a dowel across the horns, secure with duct tape..having it stick out on each end just enough so the can't get their heads into the fence. Looks funny but it works..they never learn..
3 strikes and you are out LOL
I do it too, this goat has 2 strikes, one more time stuck and that is exactly what I will do.

I'm tired..
Dog has the shits..
Up about every half hour to 45 minutes so dog can poo outside ..I'd leave dog outside but I don't want a skunks, crappy butt dog too..so I wait till sunrise to leave him out so I can get a few hours sleep..
I'm giving him pepto..it usually works but this time it's not doing good enough.
rice with canned pumpkin, and I add a little canned chicken to it
the pumpkin does it but you have to mix it with something else or they won't eat it

waiting to move animals around, we usually do it now but waiting an hour today, since they will probably be in for 2 days. Now we have a flood watch and the storm seems to be closer to us ( but hey, what do these weather pinheads know, half the time they forecast something and the opposite happens, not be surprised if no rain at all or very little!)
Sheep will stay out till tomorrow, they make too big a mess in the barn and only go in if it rains most or all of the day

We did a lot of work today, son brushhogged just about every area that is possible on our property and not too steep. I weedwacked some , we took down the fencing on the one garden that's done , just needs to be plowed up now, picked up stuff laying around and put it away, and in between I made Indian food which is time consuming and creates a lot of dishes.

Got my daughter's heat shield fixed up, at least temporarily. A stainless steel cable tie did the trick, no more nasty rattling sounds. My new jack stands already paid for themselves today. But while I was under the car I noticed some rust starting. That concerns me and it bears watching. Frame rust is about the only thing that will kill a Corolla.

Now I'm contemplating whether to order take out from the Lucky Pig for dinner, or should I cook up the chicken breast in the fridge and make cheesy chicken pasta? Decisions, decisions...

My GF has a lot of Money in CDs. I agree with you, they should've had the rates higher long ago. GF has a big one maturing very soon and she predicts a bigger stock crash, so when it matures she will take the money and go on a spending spree for stocks. When she did that during Covid, she gained over 100k in 2 years compared to what she paid for the stocks. Buy low, sell high!
Is that how it works? I usually do it the other way around 😂
I'm tired..
Dog has the shits..
Sorry but the first 3 lines of this post could be the opening description of a scene in a movie 😂. As far as your dog, yogurt helps also- gets the gut flora active again.
Change a control cable (data) sounds easy right , except for the plugs on the end make it so a bunch of hydraulic hoses have to come out first. and they are inside a tube that they barely fit in, (Whine snivel grumble) end of rant
wish you were closer. I have an old 8N that needs new plug wires. I got the wires and Hubby and a friend are going to do it sometime last year 😉

Why time is flying so fast :rolleyes:
Tomorrow Thursday 😮 August 8th

The only good news is its 58f now
And will go down 50f in the night 👍

Sipping a 3 ounces of Vodka
Sleep well you guys

1723083097668.png

Last edited:
Been dealing with crossvine since friday, all done! Have plenty for years to come. Dad is doing much better. Was pretty worried for a couple nights but boneset did the trick. Maybe by the weekend he'll be able to go to church.

Watching tv tonight, hoping for a few restful days.

Is that how it works? I usually do it the other way around 😂

Sorry but the first 3 lines of this post could be the opening description of a scene in a movie 😂. As far as your dog, yogurt helps also- gets the gut flora active again.

wish you were closer. I have an old 8N that needs new plug wires. I got the wires and Hubby and a friend are going to do it sometime last year 😉
they know that it needs copper core or at least wire core plug wires , Right, suppression wire and old point ignition don't mix

they know that it needs copper core or at least wire core plug wires , Right, suppression wire and old point ignition don't mix
Yeah and I got the right wires. Hubby’s friend has the tool needed to do it. I said I I was going to haul it in to get it done and I was told they were going to do it. It’s probably time for me to mention it again.

Latest posts

Back