What's for dinner tonight?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yuk... sorry but I can’t stand liver, except fried chicken livers. I’ve tried to get over it a few times but the gag reflex just takes all the fun out of it. Slimy stuff. Probably better than starving to death though.

Yuk... sorry but I can’t stand liver, except fried chicken livers. I’ve tried to get over it a few times but the gag reflex just takes all the fun out of it. Slimy stuff. Probably better than starving to death though.

Not sure on that, I would have to con-tinplate the the choice. I hate liver, in all it's forms.

Slimy? never had it slimy. It's little denser than pork chops if cooked right, lamb liver is sweeter and more tinder. ;)

Slimy? never had it slimy. It's little denser than pork chops if cooked right, lamb liver is sweeter and more tinder. ;)
Uh-huh. Sure Mav. The only time that I use liver for anything is when I can't find any bait for use on the trap line. It's always seemed a little slimy to me. But I'm using cow liver. Maybe lamb liver isn't as bad. I'll take your word for it though.

It'll be haggis with tatties, neeps and carrots, followed by a fruit crumble made with the damsons just strained out of the latest batch of damson vodka. My cousin forgot to save the vodka bottles and there was too much to fit into the bottles that she had lying around, so - oh no! - we're drinking the 'excess' :D

It'll be haggis with tatties, neeps and carrots, followed by a fruit crumble made with the damsons just strained out of the latest batch of damson vodka. My cousin forgot to save the vodka bottles and there was too much to fit into the bottles that she had lying around, so - oh no! - we're drinking the 'excess' :D
At least I know what the carrots are..... I pretty much know what haggis probably is but not sure I really want to know for certain.

At least I know what the carrots are..... I pretty much know what haggis probably is but not sure I really want to know for certain.
Wild Haggis :D
s3-news-tmp-77017-1280px-wild_haggis--2x1--940.jpg

Nice rainbow food, KateMTx!

Took my cousin out to the local pub for Fish Friday: fish, chips and garden peas for both of us, then the cheeseboard for me and a fabulous sticky toffee pudding for them. Didn't get to sample the whiskies as I was driving. Next time, I'll cycle there :D

We’re doing a Super Bowl party here tonight. Just my son and his wife and our employee with his girlfriend. My wife decided we are going to have enough food for thirty people. I’ve been prepping all the veggies and stuff for a couple hours. I’m cooking chicken, pork and shrimp fajitas, pulled pork sandwiches, Mexican rice and refried beans, veggie tray with hummus and spinach dips, and of course some muscadine wine. Might even throw in a beer tonight. I’m about to go start cooking the fajitas now. This is the only football game I will watch all year and honestly I’m more interested in the food and commercials than the game.

So I am officially cooking for granny full time starting Wed. I know she enjoys my cooking, but I also know what she expects, which honestly has not been happening at my house lately. Tomorrow hunny has an appointment about an hour and a half away so I am doing a crock pot style meal for dinner. Granny will be getting the night before leftovers. She will be expecting an entree, at least 2 sides, bread of some sort and desswrt. The dessert does not happen every night at my house. I may just bake cookies to send. Tomorrow will be buffalo chicken and whatever quick sides I do because I know it will be a late day. Wed will be another quickie for me since I will be doing an over night shift. Already have a ham out to defrost. My off day will be backstrap. I just kinda hate I am losing my leftover meals for hunny to eat for lunch, but granny is worth it. I guess I am sounding selfish right now. . . I maybe need to start cooking like the boys were still home.

oh heck you reminded me I need to get out bacon to defrost. I got mustard greens sprouting off my back deck where I thrashed seeds last year. I know granny lives those and so do I :).
I love greens as long as they have some fat and salt in them!

Latest posts

Back