What's for dinner tonight?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really lazy today, went up to Waffle House and got a steak and eggs breakfast for supper, and one to go for later! Waffle House may be a "fast food" outfit, but they do have some pretty good food...I love Waffle House!!
I often stop at waffle house when I travel. It's inexpensive yet good and just perfect for an early morning after I've been driving all night.
Today I got to go to a work lunch at a fancy place. So I had leftovers from that.

I often stop at waffle house when I travel. It's inexpensive yet good and just perfect for an early morning after I've been driving all night.
Today I got to go to a work lunch at a fancy place. So I had leftovers from that.

For a national fast food chain, Waffle House is pretty darn good.....and CONSISTENT! Doesn't matter where you are the food is always good. And for the price, I don't think you can beat their steak and eggs breakfast,

https://www.wafflehouse.com/waffle-house-menu/

Slow roasted a pork butt most of the day. Just shredded and de fatted it, made a batch of gravy with the drippings and will boil a bag of egg noodles for it in just a little bit. Noodles, gravy and meat are one of my favorite comfort foods. I have some bread to throw in the warmer too. Not even going to bother with a side dish tonight. Unless a glass of muscadine wine counts as a side dish....:cool:

Got a crock pot of pinto beans, onions, bell pepper, ham chunks simmering away...oughtta be pretty good about 5-6 O'clock! Will whip up some Mexican corn bread to go with it.

I’m camping up in the Smokey mountains right now. Got a big beautiful t bone steak, baked potato and salad on tap for dinner tonight. Eating and relaxing is all I have on my plate for the next couple days.

I’m camping up in the Smokey mountains right now. Got a big beautiful t bone steak, baked potato and salad on tap for dinner tonight. Eating and relaxing is all I have on my plate for the next couple days.

NOTHING beats a T-Bone!! Excellent meal you have planned!!!

Yesterday hunny and son two went down to the breach to mow and spread out some free dirt that got dumped. I stayed home since son went. I cooked up some friedchicken, potato salad, baked beans and deviled eggs for when they got back which was a little earlier than I thouvht.. . They ad to wait 30 minutes before they got to eat. . At least they could snack on deviled eggs. Today I worked but did not sleep very well last ight. I kept waking up multiple times. I ended up paying down for an hour after being home an hour. My mistake was I sat down.I has gotten out shrimp yesterday to defrost in the fridg. Today I was going to try but ended up sauteeing and adding in my leftover sides.

Had some of the best fried chicken today from a local diner that’s been there since the 40’s or 50’s. Along with green beans and baked potatoe. Oh, and of course extra cholesterol. Worth every bite though.

Latest posts

Back