What's for dinner tonight?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Charlotte is coming over this evening and is going to make something called an "Asian Prep Bowl." Never heard of it, but it looks pretty good, looked it up on the Internet...looks pretty good!! High calorie (over 530 per serving), high protein (over 40 gm per serving).

Asian-Meal-Prep-BowlsIMG_4064-360x360.jpg

For lunch we ate at Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse. Make sure you are hungry when you go there. All you can eat steak, lamb, pork, chicken. They bring it around to the tables on big spits. You can eat just filet mignon if you want. (that's usually what I get).

I wasn't much hungry at suppertime :D
Been wanting to try one of those, just a long drive for us. Just saw outback has steak, lobster and shrimp for 15.99 right now. Of course the lobster is the size of a medium shrimp, but hey, I’m on a diet anyways. Will try to make it there today.

For lunch we ate at Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse. Make sure you are hungry when you go there. All you can eat steak, lamb, pork, chicken. They bring it around to the tables on big spits. You can eat just filet mignon if you want. (that's usually what I get).

I wasn't much hungry at suppertime :D
I've been to a Brazilian Steakhouse once for a work lunch. I've never eaten so much meat at one time in my life. But it was so, so delicious.

Rolled up some sausages in thin dough and baked them into little hotdogs, dipped in mustard and quenched in fresh made tea. Was too pissed of after an argument with the wife about not watching out while driving and running over cast-iron rain gutter pieces which could cut the tires up. (neither of us won the discussion) Had to eat them cold since I couldn't shut my mouth whilst they were still warm....Live free (& eat cold) GP

Picked the carcass of a rotisserie chicken and had a salad with it. I made a big bowl of salad with carrots, onion, cucumber and spring mix from a bag. I add olives and cheese when I am taking out some to eat. Been having that for a couple days now. On a more exciting note, I bought two frozen lobster tails, and pulled a 1 1/4” ribeye out of the freezer to thaw. Hoping to have that for dinner tomorrow with a baked potatoe. That’s kind of my belated birthday dinner.

Picked a chicken too, potatoes from yesterday hot coffee and ice cold orange juice. Breakfast of champions, just without the Budweiser. GP

Once upon a time Cracker Barrel was rated the #1 place to eat. Now it's kind of hit or miss...get a good one, and it's great, get a bad on, it's not worth stopping. Simple meals were their specialty and they had some killer meatloaf and country fried steak.

https://insanelygoodrecipes.com/cracker-barrel-meatloaf/

Cracker-Barrel-Meatloaf-Recipe.png

If you ever get a chance to go to a Lambert's Cafe, do it. Food is really good (Southern comfort food of course), and they turn serving it into a form of entertainment. You'll laugh your ass off, ROFL. When we used to rent a beach house every summer on the Alabama Gulf Coast for the extended family, there was a Lambert's that was mandatory to visit (the kids would never forgive me if we didn't, LOL)

Probably should go around 3 pm if you don't want to wait an hour and a half to be seated. And whoever has the best catching skills should be the designated roll catcher (they toss the softball sized rolls to you from across the room, LOL)
iu

If you ever get a chance to go to a Lambert's Cafe, do it. Food is really good (Southern comfort food of course), and they turn serving it into a form of entertainment. You'll laugh your ass off, ROFL. When we used to rent a beach house every summer on the Alabama Gulf Coast for the extended family, there was a Lambert's that was mandatory to visit (the kids would never forgive me if we didn't, LOL)

Probably should go around 3 pm if you don't want to wait an hour and a half to be seated. And whoever has the best catching skills should be the designated roll catcher (they toss the softball sized rolls to you from across the room, LOL)
iu
Hope it’s still there after the hurricane!

Wow, sounds like fun. Been in Germany too long, never even heard of Lamberts. Went to the Cracker Barrel in Charlotte, NC, once in 2012 and was definitely happy with the food. Also enjoyed going and eating at Buffalo Chicken Wings or something like that there too. We only have normal restaurants and very few Steak Houses here. No Rootbeer, 7 Up, or Cornbread either. There is a new place called "Ketch May Beef". Good slow food, burgers and BBQ. They don't even know what a dinner roll or a biscuit is here.....GP

Latest posts

Back