What's for dinner tonight?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I cooked a pot of red beans, that where stored away from the fall of 2017. They cooked just fine. 1 year old hot smoked sausage from the freezer, also just fine.

I'm only storing some of my meats for up to a year in the freezer to test them out. I may experiment with some and try them after 15 months and 18 months. I really don't have the room to extend beyond a year on my frozen meats anyhow.

I cooked rice and picked up a loaf of French bread.

I cooked a pot of red beans, that where stored away from the fall of 2017. They cooked just fine. 1 year old hot smoked sausage from the freezer, also just fine.

I'm only storing some of my meats for up to a year in the freezer to test them out. I may experiment with some and try them after 15 months and 18 months. I really don't have the room to extend beyond a year on my frozen meats anyhow.

I cooked rice and picked up a loaf of French bread.
We've had meat stored in the freezer for up to 2 years without any problem. We vacuum seal everything and it turns out fine. Generally when we butcher a beef, pork or chicken we try to eat it all before the next years butchering. If we have too much meat left over we'll donate it to the old folks center in town.

I took the family out for a pizza and to celebrate a birthday.

pizzanight.jpg

Steak, baked potato, seasoned green beans, buttered garlic bread, corn on the cob, salad, strawberry shortcake, apple pie, good beer, Hershey bars and snickers bars. Diet? What diet? Happy Father’s Day everyone.

New diet, I am now eating everything in sight. In the last 3 months, I have lost 30+ pounds. I went from 175 t0 133 pounds. I am 5'11. My metabolism has kicked into high gear and is not slowing down. I have been medically checked and everything came back normal. So I have decided to quit worrying about my carb intake and focus on gaining most of my weight back. I look like a walking scarecrow.

I’m doing take out tonight. Still deciding from a BBQ platter, pizza, Mexican, Chinese, or seafood. Also deciding on how far I’m willing to travel for dinner since I live kind of out in the nowhere.

Latest posts

Back