What's new where you live?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing new here except we've had sunshine for 2 days. I hurt myself so badly yesterday cutting trees. Ice and heat pad and I'm back outside today. Rain again tomorrow. Boo

I am so glad I dont live in Chicago. So now you can't be outside at all or they arrest you. Call me stupid, but fresh air and sunshine are good things. You can't even be sitting on your own porch even if you are completely alone. That is ridiculous.

that’s terrible. even in 1918, they recommended fresh air and sunlight for treatment

Just went out to check on the cattle a little while ago and found a dead calf. She was only 3 days old. I just tagged her yesterday and this morning she looked fine. Momma cow wouldn't leave her side, kept nudging her baby and bawling.
I did a crude autopsy on the calf and couldn't find anything that was obviously wrong. These things happen. Life goes on.

Nothing new here except we've had sunshine for 2 days. I hurt myself so badly yesterday cutting trees. Ice and heat pad and I'm back outside today. Rain again tomorrow. Boo

I am so glad I dont live in Chicago. So now you can't be outside at all or they arrest you. Call me stupid, but fresh air and sunshine are good things. You can't even be sitting on your own porch even if you are completely alone. That is ridiculous.

Robin we have had 2 beautiful days as well and my husband and I can hardly walk we are so sore from yard work and gardening.

I saw on the news that Chicago closed the waterfront due to people being out. It didn’t seem to be on a real extreme lockdown there. They were telling people to leave but didn’t seem to be writing tickets or anything

Just went out to check on the cattle a little while ago and found a dead calf. She was only 3 days old. I just tagged her yesterday and this morning she looked fine. Momma cow wouldn't leave her side, kept nudging her baby and bawling.
I did a crude autopsy on the calf and couldn't find anything that was obviously wrong. These things happen. Life goes on.
is your bull in with the girls?

Sorry Arctic. What's worse is not knowing why.

Spent the day doing yard work. Muscle aches from hell! Old age is not pretty. Kids arrived at the cabin fine and are getting settled in. Luckily I keep a hidden cache there so they should be set. Along with what they brought with them. Not sure what is more dangerous those two cohabitating again or the virus? Could get interesting but we are glad for the help. We are not doing yard work tomorrow. Going fishing maybe find some morel mushrooms. Let you know what we catch.

Spent the day doing yard work. Muscle aches from hell! Old age is not pretty. Kids arrived at the cabin fine and are getting settled in. Luckily I keep a hidden cache there so they should be set. Along with what they brought with them. Not sure what is more dangerous those two cohabitating again or the virus? Could get interesting but we are glad for the help. We are not doing yard work tomorrow. Going fishing maybe find some morel mushrooms. Let you know what we catch.
With all that’s going on and the news all being bad this is a good time to go fishing, relax by a stream, or whatever it is you like to do to unwind. I’ve been working on stuff in the yard and gardens but think I will make a picnic soon and go for a ride out in the mountains here.

Sorry about the calf. Poor momma cow.

Here we're under shelter in place still, but you're allowed to go out for walks as long as you stay at least 6 ft away from others who do not live in your home. Yet when I walked to the park down the road from my apartment (careful to keep my distance and not touch anything) there was a whole group of kids playing at the basketball courts - at least 20 or so.

While working on the property today I saw lots of campers heading away from the State Park and National Forest. Wondered why. I guess people were bugging out to the National Forest and they have closed all overnight camping. Guess that wasn't a good idea.

Also talked to a neighbor and she was told by an officer that she went to school with that the local police have been told not to stop anyone on the roads. I guess they do not want to deal with having to take anyone to jail or be exposed. So much for serve and protect. Small towns :rolleyes:

With all that’s going on and the news all being bad this is a good time to go fishing, relax by a stream, or whatever it is you like to do to unwind. I’ve been working on stuff in the yard and gardens but think I will make a picnic soon and go for a ride out in the mountains here.

Don't know about you Brent but everything on the tv and radio is virus related. That is all anyone is talking about. For our sanity we are just going to take the boat and hit the woods for awhile. Just get away from it. No people. Just us and the dogs. Do a little fishing. Picnic lunch and a cooler and spend the day together. Just need the distance. Old folks date night.

Dammit UK is now very actively stopping people travelling to rural and wilderness areas for exercise, they are ordering everyone to exercise near where they live. No more than 2 people a time allowed out together from the same household.

Our road dead ends at the lake and boats have been very busy. It's been very warm her so that's helps too. It's been so rainy that the lake is brown

Just went out to check on the cattle a little while ago and found a dead calf.
Sorry to hear for any loss, cattle are money on the hoof, milk and finally food. But if it just happens, you got some bait for the traps or bait to get the coyotes and wolves to come to. That is money too. Greetings to your family and hope your wife steals a plane and comes back home...GP

Just need the distance. Old folks date night.
Nothing better than a second chance to get away and enjoy the solitude. We get out up to 3 times a day to walk the dog. We have no lockdown yet, just a demand for distancing, only real needs, walking, jogging, biking, taking the dog out, even a picnic if it is only 2 persons...stores are full, (TP too). GP

While working on the property today I saw lots of campers heading away from the State Park and National Forest. Wondered why. I guess people were bugging out to the National Forest and they have closed all overnight camping. Guess that wasn't a good idea.

Also talked to a neighbor and she was told by an officer that she went to school with that the local police have been told not to stop anyone on the roads. I guess they do not want to deal with having to take anyone to jail or be exposed. So much for serve and protect. Small towns :rolleyes:

Maybe if you see an increase the police will simply blockade the roads.

Our road dead ends at the lake and boats have been very busy. It's been very warm her so that's helps too. It's been so rainy that the lake is brown

Our water is brown too. It has been settling and getting better the last couple of days. Today is going to be another great day in the garden for me!

Home Depot was only letting 50 customers in the store at a time today. So...

There was a long line of customers outside waiting to get in, standing close to each other for a long period of time. :rolleyes:

Well there you go, another plan that doesn’t work. I heard our HD were allowing 200 in the store.

I’m in the same boat this morning . You know the one called “Hurtin All Over”! Been in the garden 2 days in a row. Today should finish it off finally. So happy to hear your kids made it to the cabin! Have fun today DD!

I live in a rural area I can just walk out of my front door within a few minutes I am in the British countryside.
That’s right Paul, your feeling right at home with this isolation thing. I’m not a very social person anymore either but this is extreme even for my tastes.

wife says this is the way that her husband lives so its no change in our house!!
we go out once a day, early morning, for our country walk, i'm going to the local corner shop once a week mainly for bread and milk(save our flour and UHT milk for when it all gets worse), apart from that we are at home all the time, I am spending more time in my shed.

Last edited:
UK NHS health staff being abused and attacked for their NHS ID cards.
WzMzrfS.gif

just heard 1000 dead from corona virus in the UK as of a few minutes ago.

It's official. And that official number was from 5pm yesterday.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-information-for-the-public
As of 9am on 28 March 2020, a total of 120,776 people have been tested, of which 103,687 were confirmed negative and 17,089 were confirmed positive.

As of 5pm on 27 March 2020, 1,019 patients in the UK who tested positive for coronavirus (COVID-19) have died.

Latest posts

Back