Nuclear War & Survival Help

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
they were another bunch who knew nothing about growing food, they tried to grow the wrong wheat in the wrong season.

Yeah the Survivors 1975 group made mistakes but learned from them, and the bottom line is they survived for 38 episodes and were thriving by the end..:)
Naturally they had their disagreements, here Greg wants to put an ill woman into an outhouse so she won't infect the rest, but bossy-boots Abby wants to take her straight into the groups main house-

PS- Abby later popped up as a Romulan spaceship commander in ST:TNG

your an idiot, you were an idiot first time around and your still an idiot.
you are no prepper, your a troll.
I'll waste no more time on you.

Good, put me on ignore then i can talk about you behind your back..:p

When the starving mobs have cleaned out the food stores-
View attachment 18163

And the cities are cold dark and derelict-
View attachment 18164

The mobs will turn their attention to the countryside..:)-
View attachment 18165
When the starving mobs have cleaned out the food stores-
View attachment 18163

And the cities are cold dark and derelict-
View attachment 18164

The mobs will turn their attention to the countryside..:)-
View attachment 18165
Tell thje mobs to BRING IT!!!! AND the countryside is where they will be planted!!!

Tell thje mobs to BRING IT!!!! AND the countryside is where they will be planted!!!

The organic garbage disposal unit is waiting for them...
vPkn21X.jpg

The prepared are now watching the unprepared panic as we approach what is appearing to be A Nuclear World War 3 . Anger and denial seems to be seeping from the sweating pores of the scared . I can't say I take pleasure in seeing these kind of responses . The death toll from the bombs and subsequent deaths following because they didn't have a secluded survival retreat with the ability to self-sustain will be vast . -- A true mad max existence the prepared may soon be living in .

Looking on the bright side of a post-apocalyptic world, perhaps a good many of us will actually enjoy the challenge it presents..:)
Check out this Survivors 1975 clip where the group are having a jolly after-supper singsong where the only clues that it's post-apoc are the paraffin lamps and acoustic guitar.
Their choice of song is interesting, it's almost as if they're glad the crazy old rat-racing world has gone forever and doesn't matter any more..:)

please, please, please DONT any newbie preppers or survivors plan your survival on old BBC series and other fiction films.
survival is down to skills and knowledge and research and hard graft.
fantasy merchants and gamers will not survive.

Last edited:
Everyone well-fed will stick out like a sore thumb and become a worthwhile target. One of your primary aims will be to eat as little as possible, to become hungered-looking, a little wild-eyed, so you blend in.

Better work on yourself. How much self-control do you have? Are you an emotional comfort eater? Do you binge when stressed or lonely? Those problems need sorting out now. They will get you killed.

I struggle to keep weight on and sometimes forget to eat. I am 5'4" and "heavy" at this point at 108. I am large boned. So, I am already much skinnier than most Americans for sure.

Not a problem.

I am 6ft tall and fairly large, (hence the bigpaul- my biker nickname) I guess I can afford to lose a bit of weight, we will all lose a bit of weight when we are doing more physical jobs than we do now. I lost some weight back along when I was moving some heavy boxes around but put it all back on later. I love my food.

I am 6ft tall and fairly large, (hence the bigpaul- my biker nickname) I guess I can afford to lose a bit of weight, we will all lose a bit of weight when we are doing more physical jobs than we do now. I lost some weight back along when I was moving some heavy boxes around but put it all back on later. I love my food.

I work with my hands, body anyway so in that respect things won't change much for me. If you do live a sedentary lifestyle mainly, it will be a shock to your system initially for sure.

I work with my hands, body anyway so in that respect things won't change much for me. If you do live a sedentary lifestyle mainly, it will be a shock to your system initially for sure.
its about half and half these days, I run another prepping site but I also spend a lot of time in the outdoors.

I was working out at BOL2 this weekend and came back with this...

IMG_20221212_083023.jpg

Sorry for the mess but, already started processing. Should be a good chunk of meat for the freezer.

No, I am not a trophy hunter, he was just in the wrong place at the right time.

Last edited:
People who think they are just going to come out to the countryside and "find" their own food are fooling themselves.

I can say with certainty that nothing pisses off country people more than poachers and trespassers. I have signs up deeper on my property that says "you are no longer trespassing, now you are a target". That comes after the purple posts and the signs that say "No hunting or Trespassing without express written permission of the owner".

Even just riding your bike across a field that is not yours post-TEOTWAWKI, and you will be targeted. Cut a fence and you will be hunted down.

nice, I do like venison, any game meat come to that.

I am not a big venison fan, but, other people in my home are. I personally like pheasant, but, we don't have any here.

People who think they are just going to come out to the countryside and "find" their own food are fooling themselves.

I can say with certainty that nothing pisses off country people more than poachers and trespassers. I have signs up deeper on my property that says "you are no longer trespassing, now you are a target". That comes after the purple posts and the signs that say "No hunting or Trespassing without express written permission of the owner".

Even just riding your bike across a field that is not yours TEOTWAWKI, and you will be targeted.
Farmers over here get pissed off with dog walkers straying off the designated footpath, a few have been attacked by cattle, some fatally.

Fat is your body's way of prepping for lean times. ;)

I have never been fat...at least not the way it is defined today.

If you are a man, you would not have noticed this but, since the 1980's woman's clothing sizes have been re-labeled.

Back when I was in awesome shape, I was a size zero. I was at 6% body fat and just under 100 lbs.

5 kids later and I am at 15% body fat and 108 and still a size 0....Something isn't adding up here.

What used to be a 8 is now a 2....we are overweight and out of shape.

Men's sizes too. They gone smaller. 20 years ago i could wear L and XL. Today i need XXL.

Women's went the other way...If 20 years ago you were a men's large, you would now be a men's M or S....I got fatter and I am the same size? I call BS

I think it is a marketing ploy to get women to buy more clothing.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back