Rant for the Day (keep it clean)

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I realize your reasons might be serious and health related, but that was pretty funny. Would you care to elaborate? 🦝
Health related to the raccoon, maybe. Not me. Ha.
Raccoons are my number one killers of any fowl, and they are pretty disgusting in that sometimes they just eat the head. They took out all but one of my geese last year. And two of their babies. They've taken out a dozen of my guineas, and 5 meat birds.

I know it's changing the subject but it's eating away at me. Zuckerberg came forward with all the info on Government pressure to sensor by both WH and FBI and about Hunters laptop. Nothing in the news and never will be while Dems hold the WH. Government corruption at it's finest nobody is doing squat. All these Rino's need to be held accountable just like the Dems. This is nothing short of treason. We should do away with the electoral college and return to popular vote. They normally follow the popular vote but do not have to. That's how Obama got in. The people should have a provision to recall a president or any elected official that was voted into office. Leaving vermin to be punished by other vermin isn't getting the job done. Why are we just deporting illegals who commit crimes? Send them to Alabama or Georgia or how about Louisiana and restart the chain gangs. That's crime and punishment for another day.

Send them to Alabama or Georgia or how about Louisiana and restart the chain gangs. That's crime and punishment for another day.
Whatta' ya' mean, 'restart'? :(
We haven't stopped!
https://www.homesteadingforum.org/threads/doj-finds-alabama-prison-conditions-unconstitutional.8115/post-217830

Yes, we do dat.:thumbs:
Angola today:
36b566c678e12408c50e55af36e76bc0.jpg

When the judge says: "10 years at hard labor", he ain't kidding! :oops:

Last edited:
And you notice you never hear a peep about migrants causing problems in Louisiana?
We will put every one of their asses to work picking strawberries! :thumbs:

953271_4_1214-human-trafficking-mexico-field-work_standard.jpg

...And guess why we have a city named 'Satsuma' down here? :D
Plaquemines_Orangec_Becnel_Farm_Picking_Crew_Drone_08_1700X1130-1700x660.jpg

Send them immigrants on down here!!! :)
...Good or bad, we will put them all to work.

Last edited:
Who told you what the therapist said to her? I'm guessing it was her. And I'm guessing she's wanting your sympathy since she called you after this happened. Brittle bone syndrome? Give me a break. I wouldn't believe a word of what either of them said to you. Thank God the baby made it out alive. I'm sure her other children have suffered, too. We had a few children at our school that were in foster care and had been beaten and/or molested by their parents. It is the saddest thing in the whole world. They'll never be normal. And parents made excuses all the time and lied thru their teeth. I called authorities twice on the same single dad, and thankfully...finally, his kids were taken for good. That time it was a sprained arm, a concussion, and a full bite mark on the kid's thigh. There are some very evil people in this world. I've seen it first hand.
The therapist called her one day while we were at the house and she put it on speakerphone. Therapist also wanted to speak to our friend to tell him that if his (then)gf went off her meds that he needed to report it to the therapist or to CPS because she was a danger to others. She stressed the importance to the (now)ex that she needed to take her medicine. Even swore at her and said "Take your (expletive) medicine!" bc she kept arguing on why she didn't want to take it. The therapist had her permission to talk to other people about the situation and said that if she was off her meds it wasn't a matter of IF, it was a matter of WHEN she would abuse the baby (that was with the one that is now 4-yrs-old). She ended up cheating on my friend again and moving out so he couldn't monitor her medicine intake and she initially left the baby with him. It wasn't until she appeared more stable and was reportedly back on her meds that he let her watch him. Her current boyfriend's mother was insisting that she had to take her meds. Although, I don't think she took them during pregnancy and she didn't say if she started back on them after she gave birth. It's still no excuse if she was the one who abused the baby. We haven't heard back on whether or not the other 2 kids had signs of broken bones or injury. If she is the one who hurt the baby she should go to prison. Her bf may go to prison too if he knew about it and didn't report it. Assuming he or one of his family members were not the ones who did it. It's possible there was more than one abuser. I wish I could say that I believed the courts/investigations would sort it all out, but they just go for the low hanging fruit and don't care about the truth. Cops have confiscated both of their phones to look for any admissions of abuse.

I feel terrible for the poor baby-- who already needs surgery on one of his legs at such a young age. And the 4-yr-old can't tell anyone who hurt the baby because he's nonverbal (CPS diagnosed him as such). I know the whole situation is stressing out my friend and his wife because they have the kid fulltime now and he's having some behavior issues. He does seem to be learning though. When I went over today I held up my hand and he high-fived it hard and I told him he needed to do it more softly and demonstrated and got him to do that and he listened. He wanted to be hugged and talked to. I suppose it may come out in court if the other kids were abused as well.

To be clear, I am in no way defending my friend's ex if she's the one who abused the baby-- which is likely given her past history-- she deserves to go to prison. IMO, despite any mitigating circumstances, if she abused the baby due to her raging out because she refused to take her medication then its akin to committing crimes while drunk. A person chooses to drink and that doesn't excuse their behavior. Although in this case it may be that she refused to do what was necessary to keep herself under control after she'd been warned of the consequences.

My gripe for the day is the design for serpentine belts in the 2013 CRV and the total BS of trying to install a new one. The newer belts recommended by Rockauto and O'Reilly's are too short and we spent hours trying to wrangle the new belt on-- even went and bought new tools to try but that sucker would not go on. Had to cave and put the old one back on (but it has no visible damage or wear and tear). Hoping it won't be a problem in the future. And hoping we can find one that fits when its time to change it.

A part of me is hoping it will turn out that someone else was the abuser even though it seems unlikely with what I know of her. The whole thing is digging up past trauma for my friend's wife because she was abused as an infant and child and has medical problems because of it. But she keeps her temper in check, doesn't even yell and barely raises her voice. If there's confrontation she shuts down instead.

Last edited:
MY RANT,
Transgender..STOP Saying that word!!! From the day the earth cooled, civilizations have believed that some people possess the ability to transform themselves into Vampires, Bats, Werewolves, etc, etc. Native Americans believed in the existence of ‘Shape Shifters”, where some people could become Eagles, Wolves and an entire menagerie. NEWS FLASH…Shape Shifting was and is just a myth, maybe from too much Peyote around the campfire. There is no such thing as Spider-Man, Superman, Aquaman and there certainly no “TRANSGERDERS”. However, I have a question for men who “have the power” to morph into women. Why don’t you MORPH into good looking women? I see “TRANSGENDERS” walking around in public places and they are hideous. They put on a blond wig and miniskirt, yet they have harry calves the size of watermelons and faces with 5 o’clock shadow as dark as asphalt. Anyone possessing the power to morph into something other than their original birth configuration should fully develop their “morphing skills” before shape shifting into a woman OR just realize that shape shifting and Transgenders do not exist..now or ever! They are only Drag Queens with a messed-up psyche.

ok here is my full rant for the day, ( waiting on bread to bake)

1, The Polaris Ranger , bought new 4 years ago, already completely falling apart. This thing cost $10000
The dealer and ONLY service in the area for this won't or can't fix it right. It still doesn't start well , still runs bad after $1000 engine repair and I have no idea what else to do

2. firewood: everyone says they will deliver wood ( at a hugely infalted cost from pre covid) but nobody actually shows up here , they don't even bother to call and cancell!!!

3. DMV or post office or mail man: 3 missing registrations and stickers so far this year, they cashed my check by nothing gets here

4. hay guy, says he will bring us dry bales, but now they have been sitting outside for 2 weeks and he still has not delivered them, and they have already been rained on several times a lot ( round bales, but the longer they get rained on the more waste you have)

5. trying to get a new hot water coil for our wood stove. EVERYONE Tries to rip you off or doesn't even bother calling you back (even big Amsih store Lehmans in Ohio)

more but I have to get my bread out

MY RANT,
Transgender..STOP Saying that word!!! From the day the earth cooled, civilizations have believed that some people possess the ability to transform themselves into Vampires, Bats, Werewolves, etc, etc. Native Americans believed in the existence of ‘Shape Shifters”, where some people could become Eagles, Wolves and an entire menagerie. NEWS FLASH…Shape Shifting was and is just a myth, maybe from too much Peyote around the campfire. There is no such thing as Spider-Man, Superman, Aquaman and there certainly no “TRANSGERDERS”. However, I have a question for men who “have the power” to morph into women. Why don’t you MORPH into good looking women? I see “TRANSGENDERS” walking around in public places and they are hideous. They put on a blond wig and miniskirt, yet they have harry calves the size of watermelons and faces with 5 o’clock shadow as dark as asphalt. Anyone possessing the power to morph into something other than their original birth configuration should fully develop their “morphing skills” before shape shifting into a woman OR just realize that shape shifting and Transgenders do not exist..now or ever! They are only Drag Queens with a messed-up psyche.
They used to be called transvestites. I liked that word better.

sonya, that sounds like the kind of luck we have. Can't get reliable people. They say they will show up and never do but never call to cancel.
And the power outages. Ugh. I hope your power comes back on soon.

sonya, that sounds like the kind of luck we have. Can't get reliable people. They say they will show up and never do but never call to cancel.
And the power outages. Ugh. I hope your power comes back on soon.
thanks, power came back on last night sometime
I think part of it is where we live ( middle of nowhere on a mountain). People don't want to drive here to deliver stuff I am pretty sure. Prize to pay where we live I suppose.
Got hay bales today, so at least something is sort of done for now . We have enough until at least March, hope it is a short winter

When I was young I was always big & clumsy. Now I'm old & my body is stiff & I'm still big & clumsy. I hurt both of my knees about 3 days ago. One is still stiff & sore, the other was getting better until I hit it on the arm of the couch today. At the same time I kicked the foot of the couch with my bare toes. Grrrrrrr!!!!!

When I was young I was always big & clumsy. Now I'm old & my body is stiff & I'm still big & clumsy. I hurt both of my knees about 3 days ago. One is still stiff & sore, the other was getting better until I hit it on the arm of the couch today. At the same time I kicked the foot of the couch with my bare toes. Grrrrrrr!!!!!
OUCH

@sonya123 glad your power is back on. I have the same problem with people not wanting to come out my roads. They say its "too far" or the roads are too cruddy to drive on. Or they say they can't find it.

My street sign is currently down. Looks like something crashed into the sign. I tried putting it back up but wasn't tall enough to get it secured.

@old tex ouch! I hope you heal up quickly. I can relate on the being clumsy bit.

Started having a weird thing-- well, it happened before but I didn't think about it. Left deltoid muscle keeps spasming/twitching. It doesn't hurt but its annoying. Don't know what is causing it.

And the sheer amount of work its going to take to clean this house up with the lack of progress thus far is frustrating. Haven't had the energy or assistance with it. Will have to see when my friend is free next, but his ex being arrested means its harder for him to find childcare for the 4-yr-old and he doesn't want to leave his wife to babysit on her only days off.

@sonya123 glad your power is back on. I have the same problem with people not wanting to come out my roads. They say its "too far" or the roads are too cruddy to drive on. Or they say they can't find it.

My street sign is currently down. Looks like something crashed into the sign. I tried putting it back up but wasn't tall enough to get it secured.

@old tex ouch! I hope you heal up quickly. I can relate on the being clumsy bit.

Started having a weird thing-- well, it happened before but I didn't think about it. Left deltoid muscle keeps spasming/twitching. It doesn't hurt but its annoying. Don't know what is causing it.

And the sheer amount of work its going to take to clean this house up with the lack of progress thus far is frustrating. Haven't had the energy or assistance with it. Will have to see when my friend is free next, but his ex being arrested means its harder for him to find childcare for the 4-yr-old and he doesn't want to leave his wife to babysit on her only days off.
muscle twitching: I get this also , mostly my eyelids, but sometimes my fingers also. It's stress, don't worry about it. I have had this occasionally for many years and I am still alive

street sign: hahahah! Ours has been down ( if there ever was one) since we moved here and someone put up a piece of wood with a handwritten sign LOL

and I can relate to the house thing too, our house is mostly a permanent mess. I spend all my energy cleaning the kitchen, so it is clean for baking for the market , dogs are not even allowed in the kitchen. First thing Otto learned was not sit, but " out of the kitchen!" , what's funny is I can say that for any room and he will get out now

Sonya, do you take thyroid meds by any chance? i had the eyelid twitching and twitching of muscles around my eye from my thyroid meds but it stopped after awhile. it started up again when I was changed to a different type and when dosage was changed. But then it went away. The arm thing is bugging me because it has been interfering with my ability to do some stuff that involves using my arm.

On a side note, friend's ex and her bf made it into the American Press news. https://www.americanpress.com/2024/...arged-after-2-month-old-suffers-10-fractures/

With $50k bond neither one of them are getting bailed out. They will have to wait for trial. They are well and truly screwed. Last time the ex was in jail they wouldn't let her have her medication. She's already skinny but she's going to drop weight fast on the bread and water diet (it costs extra to get anything other than that). I don't know if she'll make it to trial at this point. She doesn't get along with other women very well-- tends to piss them off-- and its a matter of time before she pisses off the wrong person.

I'm feeling anxious about Francine (the storm). Don't know where it will land. Even if it misses my area, I have a good friend in the current target area. I'm still expecting to lose power and not looking forward to it. Don't want to get stranded out here because of downed trees.

As an aside, giving medicine to cats sucks. My hand and arm is clawed up. I'll have to wear gloves next time. Right now I'm feeling even more anxious about Rupert. He suddenly took a bad turn and is having trouble walking straight. He keeps turning in circles and then falling over. Always leaning toward the right side. His head always tilts at least slightly to the right but now its more extreme and he seems weak. His tongue keeps hanging out of his mouth. He loses his balance and just lies there. Earlier he seemed OK and ate quite a bit of canned food, but his coordination was off. He's gotten worse in the last few hours. I've been carrying him around and holding him. He's been crying out every once in awhile and standing up or trying to stand up and twitching his tail. I don't know where he's trying to go bc he goes in a circle and/or falls down. Fippy is being a colossal douchewaffle and has attacked him twice. I don't think he injured him but he obviously scared him and inflicted pain. I'm worried that I'm going to lose him. The storm isn't supposed to hit until evening and the vet's office is supposed to be open at 8am so I'm going to take him in first thing. He's lying with his head on my chest right now and I'm petting him. He's purring away but I can tell he isn't feeling great. I'm hoping its something that can be treated. I'm hoping my brother will help me take him in.

My stupid arrhythmia is acting up and I'm worried about other people in the path of the storm as it is predicted to upgrade to Cat2.

I'm feeling anxious about Francine (the storm). Don't know where it will land. Even if it misses my area, I have a good friend in the current target area. I'm still expecting to lose power and not looking forward to it. Don't want to get stranded out here because of downed trees.

As an aside, giving medicine to cats sucks. My hand and arm is clawed up. I'll have to wear gloves next time. Right now I'm feeling even more anxious about Rupert. He suddenly took a bad turn and is having trouble walking straight. He keeps turning in circles and then falling over. Always leaning toward the right side. His head always tilts at least slightly to the right but now its more extreme and he seems weak. His tongue keeps hanging out of his mouth. He loses his balance and just lies there. Earlier he seemed OK and ate quite a bit of canned food, but his coordination was off. He's gotten worse in the last few hours. I've been carrying him around and holding him. He's been crying out every once in awhile and standing up or trying to stand up and twitching his tail. I don't know where he's trying to go bc he goes in a circle and/or falls down. Fippy is being a colossal douchewaffle and has attacked him twice. I don't think he injured him but he obviously scared him and inflicted pain. I'm worried that I'm going to lose him. The storm isn't supposed to hit until evening and the vet's office is supposed to be open at 8am so I'm going to take him in first thing. He's lying with his head on my chest right now and I'm petting him. He's purring away but I can tell he isn't feeling great. I'm hoping its something that can be treated. I'm hoping my brother will help me take him in.

My stupid arrhythmia is acting up and I'm worried about other people in the path of the storm as it is predicted to upgrade to Cat2.
Stay safe, let us hear about Rupert!!💗

I guess the arrhythmia was from me worrying about Rupert. Took him to the vet and its a bad ear infection causing vertigo. I forget what technical term she gave. She gave him a shot of Convenia, some kind of topical treatment that will kill worms, fleas, ticks, mites, an oral pill of some sort and ear ointment. She said it will take patience and time for him to recover. He had this in the past-- it's actually how I caught him when he was a semi-feral kitten. He tried to run but he kept turning in circles and falling over. So I took him to the vet, got meds and treated him at home. I'm glad he ate last night--a lthough he took a huge dump on my lap tray. Fortunately, I found it while it was very fresh and was able to scrape it off into the toilet and disinfect the tray. It's the old tray anyway. I had the new one underneath so the cats can't mess it up.

he wasn't happy on the ride to the vet and cried a bit. He cried at the vet's office and didn't want to hold still. He really hated having his ears checked. Vet trimmed his claws so he won't do as much damage if he fights getting meds. He meowed a lot on the way home-- more than he meowed in years. Poor baby really feels terrible. He's sleeping on my bed for now. I'm going to have to make sure to get him some water and food. I hope he'll be up to eating and drinking later today. He just went downhill so fast.

Things were so hectic yesterday I didn't stop to visit Kelebrimbor. I need to stop by sometime and see how he's doing. My friend said he'll bring the kittens and mother cat inside for the storm.

I guess the arrhythmia was from me worrying about Rupert. Took him to the vet and its a bad ear infection causing vertigo. I forget what technical term she gave. She gave him a shot of Convenia, some kind of topical treatment that will kill worms, fleas, ticks, mites, an oral pill of some sort and ear ointment. She said it will take patience and time for him to recover. He had this in the past-- it's actually how I caught him when he was a semi-feral kitten. He tried to run but he kept turning in circles and falling over. So I took him to the vet, got meds and treated him at home. I'm glad he ate last night--a lthough he took a huge dump on my lap tray. Fortunately, I found it while it was very fresh and was able to scrape it off into the toilet and disinfect the tray. It's the old tray anyway. I had the new one underneath so the cats can't mess it up.

he wasn't happy on the ride to the vet and cried a bit. He cried at the vet's office and didn't want to hold still. He really hated having his ears checked. Vet trimmed his claws so he won't do as much damage if he fights getting meds. He meowed a lot on the way home-- more than he meowed in years. Poor baby really feels terrible. He's sleeping on my bed for now. I'm going to have to make sure to get him some water and food. I hope he'll be up to eating and drinking later today. He just went downhill so fast.

Things were so hectic yesterday I didn't stop to visit Kelebrimbor. I need to stop by sometime and see how he's doing. My friend said he'll bring the kittens and mother cat inside for the storm.
Glad Rupert will soon be on the mend!!💗

Glad Rupert will soon be on the mend!!💗
Me too. I'm glad they didn't think it was any sort of brain tumor or other issue. But he's still out of it. I have a syringe that I've been putting water in and I slowly push it into the corner of his mouth so he swallows it. He doesn't seem to be bothered by it. I'll have to get him some pedialyte. Poor baby can't even sit up. His tongue is hanging out of his mouth since he has no teeth and he doesn't want to open his eyes. I'm guessing he's got a headache. If the stores stay open I might go get some sort of flavorless electrolyte water and Lil Shakes (puree cat food). I'll also have to flip him to his other side at some point so he doesn't get bed sores.

Meanwhile, my friend is trying to buy a house (his mom never signed over the one he's living in that he fixed up-- it was supposed to be in his name but she did something illegal to get it totally in her name somehow). He can't really afford mortgage payments though. Not sure how he thinks he's going to afford it.

Back