The Ladies

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you're right.

Decided to go off the beaten path and take her to the zoo. She made a comment about taking her daughter to the zoo when she was younger but now she is too old for such things, so it will show I paid attention while she spoke to me and who doesn't like to see and feed big fuzzy animals? Then I will take her out for dinner at a jazz club / restaurant with live music. Seems like a good balance of whimsical and fun.

She may end up being my rebound lady, but that would make me her rebound guy. She is a divorcee with only a few months since it was finalized. Mostly because they owned a business together and it took a long time to figure out how to divide the assets. In total they have been separated and apart for over 2 years so the wound doesn't seem fresh. I will be her first "first date" in 20+ years and she already commented that she is open to having fun but nothing more.
Who's Zooming Who...?!?

Got another text message "Is it Wednesday yet?" with a laughing emoji. That lead to some back and forth and eventually a phone call. She told me she is supposed to play it cool, per her daughter, but she is pretty excited and wanted to know how to dress. I didn't say where we were going but suggested she dress like someone who wanted to maker her ex jealous, but also wanted her feet to be comfortable if she had to walk a bit. She thanked me for the info and told me to keep Saturday open as she made reservations for date #2. I asked how we got to date #2 already and she said "I can always cancel them if you turn out to be a raging idiot". So there will be no merging of date #1 into 2 dates, but I do have plans for Saturday now. I just don't know what they are. I also get the feeling she may be driving this boat and I might be the passenger. That's new.

I'm thinking that 'That Lady' isn't done with this whole soap opera yet. Somehow I get the feeling you'll be hearing from her very soon......one way or the other. Two year ties are not just 'cut and run' like that.......

For a happily married (non drama) gal, I'm kinda digging this thread. 😁

Last edited:
I'm thinking that 'That Lady' isn't done with this whole soap opera yet. Somehow I get the feeling you'll be hearing from her very soon......one way or the other. Two year ties are not just 'cut and run' like that.......

For a happily married (non drama gal), I'm kinda digging this thread. 😁

I agree. I have been waiting for the other shoe to drop. She hasn't posted a single thing on social media in days and as far as I know still hasn't even gone to the storage garage. With each day that passes I am either in more danger or less danger, not sure which. If I suddenly go missing from this forum she saw me and the rebound lady together and I was likely shot and killed by a single action revolver.

I was doing okay on my own until the border jumper, then things went sideways one me. Now I clearly need assistance. On the other hand none of this would have happened if the rebound lady's daughter wouldn't have intervened, so apparently we both need help.
I’m guessing that this gal knows her own daughter well enough to know the advice she would receive from that source. She was looking for encouragement not approval.

Lots of assumptions not in evidence there counselor. First you seem to be heavily focused on naked pictures for some reason even though I have never posted one and repeatedly stated I never would. That's a little off-putting.

Second, most of the pics I have posted were posted on my social media accounts or sent to me through apps like Snapchat by the person in the photo. Some via text message. Either way ALL of those places are as private as hanging a polaroid on the bulletin board of a grocery store. People who take a picture then send them to another person via a 3rd party app have pretty much waived their expectation of privacy. Let's not go fabricating victims or pretending that posting an all-age-appropriate photo of someone without a written and notarized letter of consent is disrespectful. It might surprise you to find out that millions of pictures are posted every day on Facebook, Instagram, Reddit, X and every other social media site. It's 2024 and we live in a digital world.
Typical Liberal Viewing there d_marsh... You do know that a marsh is a form of a swamp...?!? ;)

I am thinking it would be wise to put you sim card in a different phone while you are out with the "rebound" lady, just in case some one perhaps put a tracking thing on yours

I agree. I have been waiting for the other shoe to drop. She hasn't posted a single thing on social media in days and as far as I know still hasn't even gone to the storage garage. With each day that passes I am either in more danger or less danger, not sure which. If I suddenly go missing from this forum she saw me and the rebound lady together and I was likely shot and killed by a single action revolver.
Well.....the first thing you did was give her guns back. I hope she didn't take that as a sign of what she should do next. I'd really hate to see this thread dry up.

Silence from a disgruntled......lover?......is not a good sign.

Just received a "good morning" text from the rebound lady. She thanked me for sharing my table and asked about Wednesday. Seems like someone is excited for our date. I like where this is going. Now I just have to figure out where to take her and hope this 3rd date rule is more arbitrary than it sounds.
what are you going to do if she shows up at your place with a suitcase ?

what are you going to do if she shows up at your place with a suitcase ?

I will go into siege mode and start rationing my food and water. The compound has a fence and a security gate. Codes and locks have been changed. Now if she shows up with a suitcase, a bolt cutter and some C4 I have a real problem.

and the soap opera continues! :)

I have to ask you a question: what is your horoscope?

I actually had to look it up.

LEO.png

So you know what's really awkward? And I mean REALLY awkward? Getting a text from the former lady asking if we can get together for coffee this week so we can "talk some things out". Before I can respond she suggests... Wednesday afternoon. Ugh... I reply that Wednesday does not work for me and I suggest Thursday. After a pause she asks what I have going on Wednesday.

Now this is where my brain tells me to say 'I have a date!', which will make it far less likely that we ever get together for coffee and dissect our relationship - aka I find out everything I did wrong so she can walk away feeling vindicated or somehow free of any blame. Then another part of that same brain thinks just say 'I am just busy' and find a different day/time so she can have her closure and we can both just move on. These things should just not be this hard and are a good reminder why catch and release is a whole lot better than having to keep, clean, store and prepare that fish.

Anyway I was not near my laptop to seek guidance so I ended up just replying that I was "just busy" and asked if a different day worked. But no, not good enough. "What are you doing on Wednesday that you can't get out of?" She clearly knows my schedule and my habits. "You are always free on Wednesday". So I hit her back with "I am fighting a bear over a picnic basket, does Thursday work?". Still not good enough. Still wants to know why I can't make Wednesday work. 15+ texts later I eventually just said "Seems like we won't be getting together any time soon, maybe we can try again down the road a few weeks". To which she replies "Just forget it".

So I am thinking okay, I escaped that situation. Sweet. Then just a little bit ago I get "Are you seeing someone else already?" I didn't respond. I haven't responded. Not sure I am even going to respond.

the only solution is to find your Chick magnet switch and set it to reverse polarity
So you know what's really awkward? And I mean REALLY awkward? Getting a text from the former lady asking if we can get together for coffee this week so we can "talk some things out". Before I can respond she suggests... Wednesday afternoon. Ugh... I reply that Wednesday does not work for me and I suggest Thursday. After a pause she asks what I have going on Wednesday.

Now this is where my brain tells me to say 'I have a date!', which will make it far less likely that we ever get together for coffee and dissect our relationship - aka I find out everything I did wrong so she can walk away feeling vindicated or somehow free of any blame. Then another part of that same brain thinks just say 'I am just busy' and find a different day/time so she can have her closure and we can both just move on. These things should just not be this hard and are a good reminder why catch and release is a whole lot better than having to keep, clean, store and prepare that fish.

Anyway I was not near my laptop to seek guidance so I ended up just replying that I was "just busy" and asked if a different day worked. But no, not good enough. "What are you doing on Wednesday that you can't get out of?" She clearly knows my schedule and my habits. "You are always free on Wednesday". So I hit her back with "I am fighting a bear over a picnic basket, does Thursday work?". Still not good enough. Still wants to know why I can't make Wednesday work. 15+ texts later I eventually just said "Seems like we won't be getting together any time soon, maybe we can try again down the road a few weeks". To which she replies "Just forget it".

So I am thinking okay, I escaped that situation. Sweet. Then just a little bit ago I get "Are you seeing someone else already?" I didn't respond. I haven't responded. Not sure I am even going to respond.

I heard you had a dental appointment. I also heard you were seeking legal counsel. And you’re meeting up with an old friend from whatever. Also, you actually have to get your prostate checked and the appointment with the urologist. Pick one.

Plus the fact your life is no longer any of her business, if it ever was in the first place.

And that's it. That's why I didn't just throw out an excuse and have thus far refused to answer. She is no longer entitled to my itinerary or run my schedule and she has to learn to let go.

Maybe I should just say "Got a date".

I heard you had a dental appointment. I also heard you were seeking legal counsel. And you’re meeting up with an old friend from whatever. Also, you actually have to get your prostate checked and the appointment with the urologist. Pick one.
How’s his going to fit all that on Wednesday with his date unless the new lady is a dentist or urologist. Have we heard about her employment yet?

How’s his going to fit all that on Wednesday with his date unless the new lady is a dentist or urologist. Have we heard about her employment yet?

Are you the ORACLE!? Not quite but close, she's a dental hygienist. She was in dental school, met a man, got married, got impregnated and dropped out while HE finished dental school.

I sent her a text back: "I have a date with a dental hygienist on Wednesday, any other deep dark secrets you need to know?"

Thanks @Patchouli and @Tommyice for the idea.
There you go. You can tell the truth. None the wiser. Besides, I’m confident that your mouth will be, ahem, inspected by the new lady. 😉

You should have told her that you are not meeting her, you are blocking her number, stay out of my life!!

I still haven't agreed to meet with her, just resolving this Wednesday thing. Part of me just wants to cut ties and another part of me is curious what she wants to talk about. Either way I am not going to step back into the trap. I just pried it off my leg!

Besides I am kind of hoping to get some free dental care out this new thing.

I should also add that I got another text today from the rebound lady. It was this morning and it was just a smiley face inside a pulsing sun. No text. I responded with a smiley face wearing sunglasses. That was it. But it occurred to me she has reached out to me in some way every single day since our non-date dinner together.

Back