Weather in your area?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rain and lightning started about 4am... continues... A soggy day coming.

2024-03-01 09-40-33.jpg

At almost 2pm central it is bright sunny, variable wind and 55F, predicted 70-55/35-30F for the next week.. As much as I enjoy the mild temps and lack of snow I do worry about this summer.. A friend in Kansas reporting tree buds being frosted already.. People I correspond with in Australia telling about lots of wild fires..

At almost 2pm central it is bright sunny, variable wind and 55F, predicted 70-55/35-30F for the next week.. As much as I enjoy the mild temps and lack of snow I do worry about this summer.. A friend in Kansas reporting tree buds being frosted already.. People I correspond with in Australia telling about lots of wild fires..
If you correspond with Australia folk - might ask if there are any shortages or what they are seeing. For the past 3 ish years, we’ve been running about 6mo behind them.

Had a five am wake up from a serious thunderstorm. It even woke up the teenagers. Hail, wind, a few hundred lightning strikes with some in the yard. It’s still below freezing this morning so the ground has a blanket of hail. I actually see a couple spots of blue sky and no wind this morning, but we are supposed to have more waves of chaos wandering through today and 25mph average winds.

If you correspond with Australia folk - might ask if there are any shortages or what they are seeing. For the past 3 ish years, we’ve been running about 6mo behind them.
Our Thai friend just spent 2 weeks here with us. She's been living in Melbourne Australia for about 5 years now. We asked about shortages "down under" and she said that she hasn't seen any shortages there...yet.

I feel like broken record, Around 0 F but at least not much new snow. I have always wondered why anyone here every pays attention to the ground hog, no $hit we are going to have 6 more weeks of winter, prolly 8. grumble, grumble,grumble.

Our weather is extraordinarily unpredictable this winter. Overall, its been mild. And wet. Last week we were warned about a 'bit of snow' perhaps on higher ground. They got it badly wrong, and Dublin
got more than we did in the north, on very high ground. We've had frost, blazing sun, and today gusts and rain, and the wind would 'cut you in two' as they say here. Could be worse! But I wish the ground would dry up.

Latest posts

Back