Weather in your area?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Getting heavy rain over my way! Looks like we are going to have it for a while!!
Looks like we are getting back to our normal 'rain every day' mode. :rolleyes:
We have had a grand total of, two (2) 'no-rain' days the past 2 weeks.:oops:
You gotta have constant standing water to grow a good crop of skeeters. :(

Clear blue skies and in the low 70s right now. At least that is right now before the smog from all the fires moves in.

This is how I know that so-called climate change is a farce because if climate change was real we would manage the forest instead of burning them down every year.

Last edited:
1725509297953.png

Y'all have really been getting it out that way! Glad you decided to send some this way!!
Well the rain stopped finally. That's one of the top 3 rainfalls that I've seen here in 20 years. For 3 days the sky never cleared. And because of our soil it more or less stopped absorbing water after the first day. It will be interesting to see what our lake levels have gone up to. I think one of them had gone down to less than 3% of capacity. Oh & with all this rain our temps are LOW for this time of the year. In the 8 day forecast I don't see one day in the 100's.

2.03" so far this morning.
Rain? Shirley not! 🤣

Edit: All damday, and still going! 2.96" :mad:
Anybody wanna guess what's forecast for tomorrow? Anyone... anyone?:(

Last edited:
Well all that rain we got also brought in cooler temps. There is no day in the next 10 days projected to hit 90 degrees, It's darned right beautiful out there & there's even a cool breeze blowing. And because nothing is ever perfect, all of the dead grass in my back yard has been reborn & is now 7 inches high. I can't believe that I'm going to have to mow my back yard this late in the summer.

We have been totally smoked out here (NW AZ) for two days. Air quality 70% above normal. Finally heard on the radio it's from fires in OR and ID - 900 miles away! It must be horrible there and in NV. We can't see the mountains under 5 miles away. We're doing laps in the house instead of our usual walks.

Back