What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Work on redundancies (firewood), looked for tools that I put away, for hours, stumbled on my put away place, made perfect sense when I found them,

Work on redundancies (firewood), looked for tools that I put away, for hours, stumbled on my put away place, made perfect sense when I found them,
They were safe and snug 😅 I call those Easter egg hunts. Hubby is great at hiding things from himself.

It was gorgeous here today. We went skiing. As we were driving up the mt. Hubby pointed out that there were no other cars. I was a tad concerned that they might have had to close the mt. due to warm temps. When we got there, the chair was running for which I was most grateful (a long drive for naught if it had been closed.) There weren't a lot of people, but we ran into a fella Hubby has skied with on occasion. It was good to see him and chat. Afterwards, we went and ate at our favorite steakhouse. Hubby hadn't been there for about a year. We talked about what a great day it had been then figured out, today was the first day that we've seen people smile in ages. The mask mandate ended last night at midnight. (Like Cinderella's carriage, at midnight covid just disappears 🙄) Everyone seemed happy. It was a wonderful change. I got sunburned on my face/neck except where my goggles were - I'm lookin' good! 😂 Made it home, showered, and am seeing what y'all are up to. Hubby is zonked out in his chair.

Yesterday I Went through canned goods I've been buying over the last couple months. Glad I've gotten back into prepping. Wish I wouldn't have stopped. But I guess you never really stop once you awaken to what's going on.

Not sure if we're going into the bigger town for little granddaughter's visit with the mom or not this afternoon. I had mentioned it earlier in the week to meet at the zoo, but she hasn't called, so we'll see
Dinner at my cousin's house tonight. She says that they'll be a surprise guest but won't tell me who. Hmm.
The day looks nice out, I should get my snap peas planted.

It was cold again last night. Kitties piled on. I was worried about one cat that I couldn't find but he came in sometime in the middle of the night and very loudly announced his presence. My back seized up on me and I could barely stand up. Had to take Naproxyn again and am stiff but I can move. I need to let the puppies out and start working on cleaning the living room again. Not planning on going anywhere today but hoping my back will cooperate with cutting some weeds with the new hedge trimmer.

Got a Sunday job today, one of the system construction gangs is working on a diamond where two of our tracks cross each other and we have to support them. I'm not happy about it, but it pays 45 bucks an hour to work on Sunday so I don't feel too bad. Hopefully we'll be done by dark, but I'm not counting on it...

Wow, 45 bucks an hour!

I make about $30 an hour with cleaning. I'm a snob, I can't work for minimum wage anymore after being spoiled with $25-$30 an hour jobs. Not that I have many jobs anymore, thanks to COVID.

I cleaned one of the doctor's offices this morning. Researched herbs. And am now writing. My brother might stop out after his work around 2. Hoping it warms up enough later so I can go outside and get some sun-therapy.

Being a cantankerous hillbilly, drinking coffee, thinking about doing something useful, drinking more coffee

Got a Sunday job today, one of the system construction gangs is working on a diamond where two of our tracks cross each other and we have to support them. I'm not happy about it, but it pays 45 bucks an hour to work on Sunday so I don't feel too bad. Hopefully we'll be done by dark, but I'm not counting on it...
That's why I work on Sundays, good money! Gotta make it!!

It was gorgeous here today. We went skiing. As we were driving up the mt. Hubby pointed out that there were no other cars. I was a tad concerned that they might have had to close the mt. due to warm temps. When we got there, the chair was running for which I was most grateful (a long drive for naught if it had been closed.) There weren't a lot of people, but we ran into a fella Hubby has skied with on occasion. It was good to see him and chat. Afterwards, we went and ate at our favorite steakhouse. Hubby hadn't been there for about a year. We talked about what a great day it had been then figured out, today was the first day that we've seen people smile in ages. The mask mandate ended last night at midnight. (Like Cinderella's carriage, at midnight covid just disappears 🙄) Everyone seemed happy. It was a wonderful change. I got sunburned on my face/neck except where my goggles were - I'm lookin' good! 😂 Made it home, showered, and am seeing what y'all are up to. Hubby is zonked out in his chair.
It sure was a beautiful day yesterday. We hung out at my sister in laws house- sat outside and had a fire in their outdoor fire pit. Watched the big clouds roll in. I was pooped by 7pm - felt like 10pm!
came home, had about 14 kids over. Sadie Hawkins dance was supposed to be last night but some dumb kid made threats that he was going to shoot up the dance so they cancelled it. Same thing happened at their winter ball. My daughter of course was devastated. She’s on leadership so all this planning for naught. Plus it’s her senior year and they had none of this last year. Had her invite her group over, they hung out and danced in the basement. I slept with ear plugs in last night. 🤣

It sure was a beautiful day yesterday. We hung out at my sister in laws house- sat outside and had a fire in their outdoor fire pit. Watched the big clouds roll in. I was pooped by 7pm - felt like 10pm!
came home, had about 14 kids over. Sadie Hawkins dance was supposed to be last night but some dumb kid made threats that he was going to shoot up the dance so they cancelled it. Same thing happened at their winter ball. My daughter of course was devastated. She’s on leadership so all this planning for naught. Plus it’s her senior year and they had none of this last year. Had her invite her group over, they hung out and danced in the basement. I slept with ear plugs in last night. 🤣
Good to see you here!! Sounds like they had fun!!😊

Heading to a friend's a few miles away. Her nephew is a pastor in south Texas and he sent a video of their guest speaker this morning. Another friend is coming over to watch also, she can get the video from the phone to the TV👍! Her nephew said it was a great speech/lesson on how to deal with all the lying and deception we encounter on a daily basis!! Definately will come in handy!! Seems to be everywhere!

I had noticed at the funeral last week one of my Grandpa’s foot stone had settled pretty bad over the winter. I wasn’t going to have that so the kid and I gathered up a few things and went and fixed it this morning.

72685788-2623-447A-8E9F-5FD7CF65551D.jpeg
7762B1B3-1C2E-4258-B4CD-7AB95633F556.jpeg
2E466E61-2D33-4E2B-B25E-A58F5D0AFBFF.jpeg
5530361D-D23F-4903-B550-D35D00EB28D8.jpeg
D0B69B69-C67D-4317-A6C4-2561437E7F36.jpeg

Wife woke up with congestion and no voice. She stayed home.

Sunday School and Worship service. After church help a couple get him in their van and load his wheelchair. Waited at the church door for the wife to stop visiting to I could take her out to eat. Took 5 minutes to remember that she had stayed home.

On the way home I stopped at the only place that had hot food, gas station. Figured since the wife wasn’t feeling well I’d bring home pizza and chicken wings. Was sure gas station food wouldn’t meet wife’s standards, it’s the thought that counts? Didn’t matter. Discovered the station doesn’t prepare food on Sundays. Wife was already preparing lunch when I got home.

Latest posts

Back