What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This morning I picked up some potting soil to start my seeds in. May start planting this evening. With daylight saving time it does not get dark till almost 7PM so I have more time to work outdoors after work. Hey, I found something good about changing the clocks.... I wish I wasn't so tired....

Y'all are quiet this evening~
@Peanut you been pickin' or strummin' lately? Would love to hear it.
@Haertig you hittin' the keys?
Jim has Eli attacked anyone lately 😂
@Patchouli You done with school?
@MoBookworm1957 Hope you're doing well and keeping the vegan food at bay ;)
@Camalot should be able to contribute to the tool thread.
@Morgan101 Hosting any treasure hunts in the basement?
Don't worry if I "forgot" you, I'm probably not done here 😇 Just stirrin' the pot a little.

We just went down there today, LadyL. Had to put away the wife's snowman collection (Winter house decorations), so she could decorate for Spring. We tied a rope around our waists so we could find our way back to the stairs.

Last edited:
That sounds like our basement

The analogy I usually use is that out basement is like a Goat's stomach. God knows what might be in there. I am also quite confident Jimmy Hoffa could be buried down there, and he will never be found.

Heading to a local government entity. I volunteered to scan old records for prosperity. Almost every time an employee seizes the opportunity to not to be productive and look busy by "helping" me.

Running for a private Board position. Called to insure they received my nomination.

Called the local telephone company. Two weeks ago I asked for a quote and I have heard zero back from them. This isn't normal for them, called to make sure they received my email.

Any good finds??
I got a 400$ Russian AK scope for 40$ that was dumb luck, the rest was overpriced guns, empty ammo shelves and worn out junk.

@UrbanHunter i keep thinking I’m too late on any seed starting but the weather is looking good here, wintery conditions are winding down. I keep trying every year. Thank you for always posting your gardening information, it’s helpful to me.
@The Lazy L Someone was looking for land records or maps of a small town in Texas where I work. He said there were still many years worth of paper records in storage at the state capital that needed to be scanned or transferred to digital. The town no longer exists.

O.K. it wasn't today, but my wife's birthday was yesterday. Among other gifts, for which she had asked, I made her a Safe Bag for her car. I found an appropriate sized backpack in Hunters' Orange, and put together a safety kit. IMHO she would be safe in her car or in a building or residence for at least 24-48 hours. Not really a survival bag, but enough that she would be reasonably comfortable and safe until help could arrive, which more than likely would be me.

I wasn't sure how she would react, since it was a gift as much for me as it was for her, but she genuinely liked it. She can leave it in the trunk of her car, and know that she will have what she needs if she is stranded. I don't know why I hadn't done it before? Maybe it is all the craziness in Ukraine that made me think of it. Plus I have encouraged her to do it, and she never took the first step. Now it is done.

The analogy I usually use is that out basement is like a Goat's stomach. God knows what might be in there. I am also quite confident Jimmy Hoffa could be buried down there, and he will never be found.
Hey, I got some "stuff" I need to hide, oh I mean "store" in your basement😁😁

Hey, I got some "stuff" I need to hide, oh I mean "store" in your basement😁😁

I have a rule, and everybody who has been down there knows: "Take whatever you want, but DON'T BRING IT BACK." You take it, you own it. You can't imagine how much we have given away, and it's like throwing a deck chair off of the Titanic. Totally unnoticeable.

Out running errands this morning several comments: today is the first business day of no mask mandate 😊 So many comments that it was nice to see faces and smiles. A few are still wearing masks, but they probably aren't smiling anyways. 🤪

Out running errands this morning several comments: today is the first business day of no mask mandate 😊 So many comments that it was nice to see faces and smiles. A few are still wearing masks, but they probably aren't smiling anyways. 🤪
You can throw all your masks into Morgan101's basement!!😃

Took on another big cleaning job, couldn't pass it up!! Now I may be working seven days a week again! Don't know if I should be celebrating or crying!! As usual it's a reference from one of my other clients. They had to fire their previous cleaning lady. They want a reliable person and an excellent job done. I'm in, they didn't balk at my price, now for the scheduling!!😮

Took on another big cleaning job, couldn't pass it up!! Now I may be working seven days a week again! Don't know if I should be celebrating or crying!! As usual it's a reference from one of my other clients. They had to fire their previous cleaning lady. They want a reliable person and an excellent job done. I'm in, they didn't balk at my price, now for the scheduling!!😮
Better leave some pool time free

today is the first business day of no mask mandate
Is anyone here dependent on the government telling them it is OK to take off their masks? What I see in my area, are people that ditched their masks long before the government said it was OK to do that. And some people that are still wearing masks despite the government telling them they don't have to. Basically, nobody is listening to the government - not the anti-maskers, and not the forever-maskers. Due to their poor performance, the CDC and various health agencies have relegated themselves to the "not relevant" trash bin of history. Around here, it seems to be "Mandates? What mandates? Who cares?"

Last edited:
i recently found a 1976 3/4 ton chevy truck for sale, it wqas cheap so I bought it. got it home and it was sitting on the side of our small road

Now to get a original points distributor in it and I will have a non computerized vehicle. It's the little things that warm the cockles of my heart.

When working on the truck below I shopped at summit racing. They have a distribution center in Atlanta. I could get parts over night. I converted a '94 EFI to a carb adding an old fashioned points distributor.

Maybe Jegs is closer to you, they have the same parts as Summit. They are more of a parts warehouse.

But Summit Racing has great support people! Got a chevy? you speak to chevy engine guys! They'll walk you through anything. They are pro's at rebuilds, builds and will get you to the parts you need.

Both sites have any distributor you might need.

https://www.summitracing.com/search/part-type/distributors?SortBy=Default&SortOrder=Ascending

https://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/sto...butor&storeId=10001&catalogId=10002&langId=-1
Carb c  (2).jpg

Last edited:
Is anyone here dependent on the government telling them it is OK to take off their masks? What I see in my area, are people that ditched their masks long before the government said it was OK to do that. And some people that are still wearing masks despite the government telling them they don't have to. Basically, nobody is listening to the government - not the anti-maskers, and not the forever-maskers. Due to their poor performance, the CDC and various health agencies have delegated themselves to the "not relevant" trash bin of history. Around here, it seems to be "Mandates? What mandates? Who cares?"
Oh you would be surprised at the idiocy in this area. Friday afternoon, I had a mask nazi not let me in a store without one because the mandate didn't end until midnight. I just left - wasn't important.

You can throw all your masks into Morgan101's basement!!😃
You know, depending on the micron range, they might make good water filters to catch most of the muck before you run it through the Berkey.

I brought the new pup up to the fur shed for the first time. He's finding lots of interesting smells and little tidbits to chew on.
I decided take the tankless water heater down and give it to my daughter. I can't use it up here during winter anyway because it'll freeze up. I had it connected to a 55 gallon water barrel and plumbed to a utility sink. It'll give me more needed room in the lure room now. I'll just keep a large pot of water on the stove for cleaning up now.
I've got some beaver and muskrat hides in the freezer that needs to be fleshed and stretched. The pup will like that! He's chewing on a piece of hide right now.

Latest posts

Back