What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heading to a friend's a few miles away. Her nephew is a pastor in south Texas and he sent a video of their guest speaker this morning. Another friend is coming over to watch also, she can get the video from the phone to the TV👍! Her nephew said it was a great speech/lesson on how to deal with all the lying and deception we encounter on a daily basis!! Definately will come in handy!! Seems to be everywhere!
WOW, that was better than I imagined!! The speaker gave a brief introduction, he is a 32 year old psychologist and he teaches young people manners and internet manners. My friend's nephew's sermon was on lies on deception. The speaker touched on setting examples and properly correcting misinformation. He said so many parents send their kids/teens to him about their potty attitudes on social media, yet the parents are doing the same things, these young folks are learning by example!! He said so many times these kids think it's ok, they see mom griping at someone on FB or see our political leaders acting immature and uncaring!! Glad someone is helping to change these young, babbling jerks into respectable people!!😉

Cleaned the rabbit hutches with Roo. We left the nests alone but te rest of the hutch and the litter boxes got cleaned. With the kits starting to move out of the nesting boxes I figured a deep clean will keep them safe. Before the cleaning we had 3 kits from one litter venture out of their box. Two turned around and went right back in while the third started to wander around. Same kit as the previous times so I placed him back in the nest. No eyes open yet but I can tell these kits are going to be trouble. I might have to give them playpen time once they start making regular trips out of the nest and their eyes are open.

Getting household chores and laundry done. I have to make laundry detergent today before dinner. I have everything out I just have to grate the soap and mix it in the bucket.

We got ours today!!!
Well we got snow but not on the daffodils, it's showing on the mountain to the west of us, probably 3'000 feet and above, mainly heavy rain down at our altitude, it's all good, we certainly need it.

Well we got snow but not on the daffodils, it's showing on the mountain to the west of us, probably 3'000 feet and above, mainly heavy rain down at our altitude, it's all good, we certainly need it.
Wife picked our daffodills Friday and put them in a vase. We had more snow in the valley than up in the mountains

Ours haven't bloomed yet, just buds we do have a few crocus blooms though.
I think the cold last week, or was that the week before...may have bitten the buds on mine. Saw some in the area blooming. Lots of robins.
@Bacpacker my mom had a star magnolia that would usually get hit by frost after it bloomed.
Didn't do much today, church, cemetery, contemplated life for a second. Wondered what's going on in Syria that they're asking for donations...still in the midst of conflict.

Completely whiffed on the stupid time change. Was thinking about going to church but had a headache so stayed home; worked out alright, I would have walked in an hour late. Yesterday I worked on getting the greenhouse ready for starting seeds and today managed a bit of laundry, but spending most of my time staring at the fire or the tv. Feel like I'm trying to move underwater or something.

Completely whiffed on the stupid time change. Was thinking about going to church but had a headache so stayed home; worked out alright, I would have walked in an hour late. Yesterday I worked on getting the greenhouse ready for starting seeds and today managed a bit of laundry, but spending most of my time staring at the fire or the tv. Feel like I'm trying to move underwater or something.
I don't remember if you said where you were, but hope you get some sunshine soon. That always lifts one's spirits after dark dreary days ☀🌷

Y'all are quiet this evening~
@Peanut you been pickin' or strummin' lately? Would love to hear it.
@Haertig you hittin' the keys?
Jim has Eli attacked anyone lately 😂
@Patchouli You done with school?
@MoBookworm1957 Hope you're doing well and keeping the vegan food at bay ;)
@Camalot should be able to contribute to the tool thread.
@Morgan101 Hosting any treasure hunts in the basement?
Don't worry if I "forgot" you, I'm probably not done here 😇 Just stirrin' the pot a little.

Y'all are quiet this evening~
@Peanut you been pickin' or strummin' lately? Would love to hear it.
@Haertig you hittin' the keys?
Jim has Eli attacked anyone lately 😂
@Patchouli You done with school?
@MoBookworm1957 Hope you're doing well and keeping the vegan food at bay ;)
@Camalot should be able to contribute to the tool thread.
@Morgan101 Hosting any treasure hunts in the basement?
Don't worry if I "forgot" you, I'm probably not done here 😇 Just stirrin' the pot a little.
Don't wake me up😃

Heading back to the farm tomorrow, bright and early. Working on the flooring while the electrician tackles some things (we do NOT do our own electric, lol). Finally getting the flooring to behave the way I want it to.
post to hcl - flooring 1.jpg
post to hcl - flooring 2.jpg

Lookin' good Gosh. When do you think you will be able to move in?
Hard to say. Feels like we've been at this forever. Steep learning curve - I've learned so much that would come in handy if we ever build another house again, but that's not happening! lol This is our forever home.
I think there's a good chance that I'll move in first and finish up things before hubby moves in. Things have been so hard on him with the accident and insurance dragging their feet - so much stress and complications. So the push has ramped up for me to get this house finished.

Got my new apartment sized frig in the kitchen, it was $179 at costco and relieves the stuffed shelves on our standard fridge. It also would make a good motorhome fridge if our old motorhome needs one.
i recently found a 1976 3/4 ton chevy truck for sale, it wqas cheap so I bought it. got it home and it was sitting on the side of our small road so i needed to shuffle it around and get it parked more securely. It was getting dark so i turned on the lights and was pleasantly surprised it still has the dimmer switch on the floor board. Now to get a original points distributor in it and I will have a non computerized vehicle. It's the little things that warm the cockles of my heart.

Attachments

• zzzzzzzzzzzzzzrainbow.jpg
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzrainbow.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 16
Got my new apartment sized frig in the kitchen, it was $179 at costco and relieves the stuffed shelves on our standard fridge. It also would make a good motorhome fridge if our old motorhome needs one.
i recently found a 1976 3/4 ton chevy truck for sale, it wqas cheap so I bought it. got it home and it was sitting on the side of our small road so i needed to shuffle it around and get it parked more securely. It was getting dark so i turned on the lights and was pleasantly surprised it still has the dimmer switch on the floor board. Now to get a original points distributor in it and I will have a non computerized vehicle. It's the little things that warm the cockles of my heart.
Fleet side or step side? I love the old chevys. (my fav is 69 stepside - but design flaw so few around.)

Busy day!
What about? discussion the hour before church. I missed the first half last week, about war.
Church service, lunch with meeting after church, about opportunities to serve with the church.
Home, text from friend whose husband died last year, needing someone to talk to about all that she's dealing with. She is closing on selling the house they lived in for 45 years on Wednesday. She has until March 31 to move out. Lots of things to deal with that are stressful and she just needed to talk.
Dog birthday party for one of my client's dog. This is the third one in just a few months. People are no longer having children, so they are doing special things with their dogs.
Friend and I went to dinner, now home.

I had a '76 3/4 ton Chevy about 20 years ago. Paid 1500 for it at a farmer's auction, it had been his work truck. Full time 4 wheel drive, 350 engine, cracked vinyl seats, no AC, and plain old AM radio. It was geared so low that 65 was top speed. I loved that thing, but it got 6 mpg on a good day. Had it 2 years and then I got an OWI and sold it. Still kind of breaks my heart, but spending 4 bucks in gas to drive 5 or 6 miles doesn't sound good...

Worked from 11 this morning til 10 tonight. It was all weekend OT, and I'm liking the math. Uncle Sam is going to like the math too, I suppose. The other 2 guys I work with have DOT qualifications and they ran out of hours today. They have to get 10 hours off so I'll get a bit of a late start tomorrow which will be nice. Tomorrow will probably be a long day too. It's one of the hazards of being a railroader, your personal time is the company's time...

For a price...

@LadyLocust I'm surprised anyone remembered I was doing online classes last school year. I got through it okay but had to repeat a class this past fall because I didn't like the way it was taught, didn't stay caught up, and failed. I only did the one year. I was going to keep working part time and go to a different school in person but my bosses went back on what they had said they'd do (work with me on my schedule so I could take classes). Then I was able to get on full time and can't even begin to fathom taking a class and working full time. I really want to get that knowledge though. Maybe next school year will work out better. Thank you for asking!
Sounds like a few of yall had a good day. @Spikedriver glad you got through the weekend.

Latest posts

Back