What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got water and electricity ran into the chicken house today. I put in 3 receptacles and a water hydrant. I expected to get more done but I guess I’m a damn old man now.

3113896A-D6E3-43A5-93DD-8B7B368B168D.jpeg
9563DFEF-9AF1-4795-90C0-38455F287426.jpeg
43D56B83-073E-4114-81B4-C5B9C839A4C6.jpeg

That sounds nice @Supervisor42!
I saw more masks in town day before yesterday than I’ve seen in a while. I guess we’re back to being terrified again? It went from around 75% masks to around 95% masks again.
Just when the outlook was rosey...

Ben

Thanks! We were all exhausted last night, so today was just unpacking all the boxes we had put in the second bedroom. We will see if she will tolerate the PT and OT this week. She hasn't had a problem when they come and get her and bring her to the dining room three times a day for meals. It was a good sign to see that last night she moved knick knacks around to her liking after we left. I think she'll do more tonight.
That last part sounds like a thumbs up.

Ben

Your chickens now have a spa?! Your finger looks arful. @hashbrown
Stop telling yourselves it’s age making you be all tired.

I can't do near the work I could do a few years back and it pisses me off. I used to be able to work the kids in the ground but these days I stand back and tell them what to do and bitch about how slow they are.

Last edited:
Church this morning, sermon from the book of Daniel. I just can't get used to our new pastor. Nothing wrong with him, but something isn't quite right either.

Went to the park with my daughter for a while, then to Dairy Queen for burgers and fries. (Ok, for ice cream, but I'm the one telling the story so we went for the burgers! 😉 )
Then into Bomgaars to get her a new winter coat and some flannel shirts. They had a bunch of women's winter clothes on clearance so a down filled puffy jacket and a flannel shirt for her only cost me $24. Now we're just hanging at home, got laundry going at the laundromat, and going to bed soon.

That finger looks rough.
I can plan out these projects, down to a reasonable time line. Then when I get started it takes 3 times longer than it should. Then feel it for days after. It shouldn't be like this. LOL
Amen to that @Bacpacker I'm the same way 3X the time, if I'm lucky and don't do something stupid. I plan on everything and then when I start I discover I am short 1 part, and it's not available locally.....

Amen to that @Bacpacker I'm the same way 3X the time, if I'm lucky and don't do something stupid. I plan on everything and then when I start I discover I am short 1 part, and it's not available locally.....
Going back for a 2nd or 3rd trip for hardware really kills the timeline. One reason I hate plumbing, it's always a 3 or 4 trip repair, even when I have everything I need

I love the story of Joseph; I've done some extensive studying of Joseph and Egypt and the Exodus. Maybe I should post my Exodus essay. . .it's like 20k + words though, not sure if anyone would actually sit through the whole thing. Lol.

I think we're heading into 7 years of skinny cows. Does anyone remember back in 2014 there were two cows with '7' on their foreheads? It was really weird.

Somehow that rings a bell.

Please share the essay.in a new thread where can discuss. I am a glutton for serious Bible insight.

Too Much Information

My family is into jig saw puzzles. As a kid the family would do 5000 + piece puzzles. We used a technic of...

Find the corners
Find the edges
Assemble the frame or boundary...

Now invoke the " no look at box" rule i.e. we can not look at the box to see what the picture looked like.

Then move pieces around that are coherent with the border shape and color pattern.

Lather rinse repeat

But my father once proposed that we do the puzzle up side down so did not have the color context. !!!!!!!

We never did that but it did plant a seed of thought of how hard it would be to piece together what is happening in the world if we did not have the color and pattern of mankind's interaction with "The Prime mover" that is documented in The Bible.

Imagine how hard it would be to understand / put together ...

Post that thread and I may expound...

Ben

Going back for a 2nd or 3rd trip for hardware really kills the timeline. One reason I hate plumbing, it's always a 3 or 4 trip repair, even when I have everything I need
That is were I try to complement my brothers work. While he is plumbing, I am a running to fetch what he needs.

Ben

I'm laughing with you not at you... I have to finish fixing my irrigation plumbing and I bought all the 1 inch parts I needed, Tee, Union Joint, new ball valve, 2 couplings, and a 2' section of 1" pipe..... I just forgot the 1" schedule 40 female threaded coupling to reattach the fertilizer hopper.

Sunday School then Worship service. China flue scare is over, first time offering plates were passed since and I “volunteered“ be an usher.

Took wife and MIL out for lunch.

Rare headache, slept though the March Madness basketball games. Woke up with headache gone.

Wife is the night owl but she went to bed early. I’m the morning person and early to bed, wide awake and it’s late, I wonder why…:rolleyes:

Somehow that rings a bell.

Please share the essay.in a new thread where can discuss. I am a glutton for serious Bible insight.

Too Much Information

My family is into jig saw puzzles. As a kid the family would do 5000 + piece puzzles. We used a technic of...

Find the corners
Find the edges
Assemble the frame or boundary...

Now invoke the " no look at box" rule i.e. we can not look at the box to see what the picture looked like.

Then move pieces around that are coherent with the border shape and color pattern.

Lather rinse repeat

But my father once proposed that we do the puzzle up side down so did not have the color context. !!!!!!!

We never did that but it did plant a seed of thought of how hard it would be to piece together what is happening in the world if we did not have the color and pattern of mankind's interaction with "The Prime mover" that is documented in The Bible.

Imagine how hard it would be to understand / put together ...

Post that thread and I may expound...

Ben

Alexandra has those puzzles laid out on the dining room table all the time! I always make sure to take one piece and throw it away. Yes, I'm a monster but it brings me such satisfaction!

I always plan for tomorrow, that way I don't have to do anything today, and anything that gets done is a bonus,

I love that chickenhouse, HB. I also know how it feels to not get as much as you want done. I used to be able to do more and had so much energy. I was into martial arts and weightlifting. Then my health just tanked. You got more done than I did. The cuts I got from the blackberry thorns was not nearly as nasty as that one. My dad would have loved that chickenhouse. Friends teased him that he was going to put AC in our chickenhouse. I still have the brooder boxes he made down in the barn. They have ropes for the lids that attach to the ceiling above. I really need to get them to a safer spot and find someone to take them before they get destroyed. Heavy ass things. Had heating lamps and waterers. Not sure if those are still in there. Neighbors stole a lot of stuff- including our nesting boxes. My dad actually tried to figure out how to add AC to the doghouses he built. Somewhere I have his sketches of his doghouse plans...

I have scratches all over my hands and legs from those damn things and we still aren't done. Meant to do laundry today but didn't get to it.

My agenda for tomorrow (since I realized my dental appointment is Tuesday):
  • Cut weeds
  • Work on fixing float lever situation so it won't jam
  • Laundry
  • Oil change & tire check
  • Fuel up truck & put in engine cleaner
  • Pick up RX (almost out of thyroid meds)
  • Shower
  • Nap
Tuesday will be dental appointment and hopefully a haircut.

We'll see how much I get done.

Alexandra has those puzzles laid out on the dining room table all the time! I always make sure to take one piece and throw it away. Yes, I'm a monster but it brings me such satisfaction!
Hint

Use a razor blade to reshape some pieces...

You are evil if you listen to me.

Ben

Back