What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had 4 blessing this weekend. Husbands last best friend home from 2 months in hospital. A man from my Sunday School class came to church. Been out almost a year sick. Lady came up to me at church and was crying and listing many things that I did that inspired her to keep on moving forward. Sermon was on peace. He kept saying someone needed it. I stopped by his house and told him it was me. I needed peace. Lastly a former student was baptized today and he is still in high school. He was so happy. None of his family was there. Got lettuce, spinach and carrots in ground and sprinkled with water. Bad weather possible tomorrow. Have a blessed Sunday!
Sometimes we see/feel the trials around us then in due time see the blessing(s) that come out of those trials. Take peace friend.
Today we got news that one of my wife's close friends (Nancy) passed away just after noon... She and the wife would spend hours talking genealogy and discussing scriptures. Nancy was a lovely lady and we always enjoyed her company. She was diagnosed with CHF about 5 years ago and she and my wife would compare notes. Nancy was never able to make an honest transition to a low/no salt diet, 2 months ago her kidneys started to fail. The last month was very difficult for her family and I think they need our prayers now. Reminds me how we need to cherish our time with loved ones.
🙏 for the family and friends and give Mrs. a hug.

Oh yeah and I hooked my finger on a nail too.

View attachment 82813
Epsom salts in tepid water soak for 20 min.
That finger looks rough.
I can plan out these projects, down to a reasonable time line. Then when I get started it takes 3 times longer than it should. Then feel it for days after. It shouldn't be like this. LOL
You give yourself a timeline - pfff, silly! Do what you can today. It's that much more than was done when you woke up. When it's done - say done - next up? 😊

Hello beautiful!
Is the home sale still moving forward?

Hello beautiful!
Is the home sale still moving forward?

You’re making me blush 😊

It is…. Sort of. Lol We’re still actively looking for our new home. We can now make an offer if we find something that looks promising. Decently priced stuff is pending in 24 hours or less so I suspect it will take a while longer to find something we’re wanting and get a jump on it. Hard part is one of our hard no’s is the house can’t be by a road. We’ve found multiple places that have a ton of potential but are right on a road.
More places are being listed and prices seem to be becoming a bit more reasonable so that’s a plus.

A few years ago I was taking care of a special breed of tom turkey that my friends' daughter had given her, I had the tom turkey in a chicken tractor down in our lower field, that tractor was surrounded by 1" chicken wire covered by welded horse fencing, which I figured could stop most creatures, however a large dog (coyote?) pulled all the wires apart making a very large hole, it got inside and nearly killed the turkey, it was in such bad condition I had to put it down. The footprints from that canine were large. Anyway, I kind of figured that if I had to really stop creatures like that, I might have to use pig wire, kind of spooky to think that there is an animal around that could go through what I thought was a secure chicken tractor.

Sounds like a bear.

It’s hubby’s weekend. We just got back in from a nice walk to the back of the first pasture with the dogs. Making our pizza in a bit. I adapt to his night shift 😉
I did that when hubby was working shift work. It made for some odd hours..

Wife is cleaning out the "guest bedroom" so there is room for family that's coming for a visit. She found four boxes that I threw out over twenty years ago. She wants to know if I want them...no I don't, that why I threw them away. She thinks she knows someone who might want them...back in storage they will go.

Under her direct direction, I'm carrying "stuff" from the "guest room" to the basement. "Stuff" from the basement to her "Hobby room". "Stuff" from the "Hobby room" upstairs to the kitchen. "Stuff" from the kitchen goes upstairs to the other smaller spare "bedroom". And repeat multiple time until the morning visiting family arrives. Good thing family give the wife a month's notice of their visit.

Yesterday's headache is back. Mild sore throat and upper respiratory congestion. Think I'm getting the Crud. No surprise since the wife has had it for the last week. Must have been that kiss I gave her Saturday?

Last edited:
Yesterday, I spent most of the day in the garden. Went to Sunday School. No Church. Finished fencing in bigger garden, got rid of grass clods, Made rows and planted. This garden is about 30 X 50 feet. Not real big, but more than enough for this 64 year old! I did get help for the fencing and clod throwing. LOL
Did walk dogs yesterday.

Today, will walk this morning and visit City Hall since I haven't heard a peep out of them.
Already started laundry.
Will work on smaller second garden plot for potatoes and sweet potatoes. Then plant. Supposed to get 1-2" of rain tomorrow.

DH says it is too much for me. I told him that I don't know how much longer I will have the health to do this, so I do it now. Don't want to have regrets! And don't like watching TV much either. I will do that when I have no other option--or read.

I can't do near the work I could do a few years back and it pisses me off. I used to be able to work the kids in the ground but these days I stand back and tell them what to do and bitch about how slow they are.

We get to a point in life we have to accept working smarter is better than working harder.

That's a really spiffy chicken coop. A job's not complete until you put your sweat, blood, and tears into something. I know for sure you got the blood part down @hashbrown, I'll assume the sweat, but have there been any tears yet?

Oh and tears of joys count, too.

Had a bad(ish) Crohn's day yesterday so taking today to let my guts calm down. Probably won't do much. Laundry; it's warm enough to hand out. Yippee. Maybe the drying rack can come down soon.

I'm going to proof-read my 123 page, 24k word count, Exodus paper and then post it somewhere around here. I'll upload it as an attachment. @Neb where should I post it?

23 pages proof-read so far. YAY! 100 more to go!

This might take me a little bit. . . .

But, I feel pretty confident I know who Pharaoh was of the Exodus 😁 I am looking forward to someone critiquing this--if you can bear the length anyway.

Okay, gonna get lunch: a toasted peanut butter banana sandwich and then back to proofreading.

My dad would say stick it in your mouth and suck on it. I think his real objective was to keep my blood off his tools or wood project?
I do that, in my mind I am sucking out the dirty blood and letting the clean blood flush out the dirt. Suck on it a few times and if it stops bleeding go back to work, if it keeps bleeding wrap it with a paper towel and hold it in place with tape, then go back to work.

I just had my 5th weakly injection of testosterone, still the starting dose but I know it needs to be higher. The only obvious improvement so far is I am sleeping much better which is a good thing. I can usually fall asleep once I get comfortable and have an acceptable something on the TV for background noise to occupy my mind instead of thinking about life stuff. But, I have noticed that I sleep good for the first 4 or 5 nights then by the 6th night I am back to not sleeping. Had a follow up blood draw this morning and will hear back from the doctor tomorrow. I am expecting him to up the dose, or maybe use the same dose twice a week instead of once a week. We shall see. My GF is out flying around the country and wont be home till late tonight so I gave myself the injection today, first time and no problem. dancing chicken

I have been wanting to work on my truck the past 4 or 5 days but the weather has been lousy, kind of like spring time weather. Chilly and rain for several days then yesterday and today it is chilly and windy, up to 60mph wind gusts. On the plus side, my rebuilt chimney is not moving at all in the big wind gusts so I must have done something right.

I am gonna try to catch a nap this afternoon. Work tonight, and this week is payday week. :ghostly:

Epsom salts in tepid water soak for 20 min.

You give yourself a timeline - pfff, silly! Do what you can today. It's that much more than was done when you woke up. When it's done - say done - next up? 😊
I just plan out when I think I can finish something so I have an idea of starting something else. Or in this case when I need to start planting, so the beds need to be finished. Dont look like I'm gonna be on time.

Back