What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the filters changed on my big Berkey. It's been a number of years, and I could tell the taste was off. Bleached out the 5 gal jugs in the kitchen...sunlight was not doing them good.
Watched the sheriffs haul off Levi's nine year old butt. They've been out here 3 times in less than a week. Last week he was running through our alfalfa field with three sheriffs running after him screaming obscenities at them. He had an air soft gun, a 22 rifle of his dads, and a hunting rifle he stole from the neighbor. He stole a four wheeler from the other neighbor the day before and went tearing up all over the place, even into town. He was suspended from school and home today for fighting with another kid (3rd grade). Sheriffs came out again because he threatened to hurt mom with a chainsaw and a knife today. Dad bought him the chainsaw at auction last Friday. I've had enough of him for awhile.

The AT&T technician came out and checked outside line. Puppies adored him and wouldn't stop jumping up on him. He was cool about it. Very nice and friendly. Explained how we can run a new line (assuming our was broken) from the box since it was too much of a mess for him to come in & Mom was still in bed and the jack is in her bedroom.
I went back in and discovered the phone was unplugged from the jack. Then I remembered her ripping it out in anger when the lines weren't working. I'd forgotten about it and didn't realize it wasn't reconnected. So, I connected it and it worked again.
Brother's ankle is healing up and he's able to walk on it again, but his knee is bugging him (he torqued it when he fell). We got groceries at Samsclub and a 10ft pole and some rustoleum at Lowes. Dropped something off at my friend's house. It's a mess again bc of his ex. He told me results of his neurologist appointment. Clots shrunk a little but moved to his frontal lobes. They are affecting his judgment and impulse control. He's on blood thinners to try to break them up.
I've been bingewatching Midsomer Murders on amazon prime for free.

…To me, new siding such as vinyl on an older house is just a warning of a cover up of the worst kind. A fixer up in all it's falling down money pit glory is better than a pig with lipstick hiding the problems.…

When the posting has more pictures of the outside and few of the inside, it’s a pig with lipstick.

Dh was admitted to hospital for low oxygen, yesterday. I think it's a good thing. He is getting IV antibiotics for his chronic lung infection, too.
I came home and did all chores then ate everything I could find. How I respond to stress. Lol. I know I will get through this. Thank you all for your prayers!

Dh was admitted to hospital for low oxygen, yesterday. I think it's a good thing. He is getting IV antibiotics for his chronic lung infection, too.
I came home and did all chores then ate everything I could find. How I respond to stress. Lol. I know I will get through this. Thank you all for your prayers!
Prayers going out to you and you DH, hope he gets well soon.

My back has been out (muscle) lower back up to shoulders and running along ribs for 3 days. I couldn't find the heating pad, so last night I went and picked one up, my DW gave me a back adjustment; rubbing in peppermint oil, Lobelia extract, followed by capsicum extract while wearing gloves. I slept like a baby... Back is still tight but much better.

I have a lot to catching up to do today and I am out of time... catch you later.

Keeping you in my prayers!

Going to take my kid up to visit mom and pops today. She has a credit at a store up there too, so we'll get her a pair of $60 jeans. She was given a pair by her aunt, but they were just a bit too small and she didn't find any that she liked when we took them back. She's getting some today whether she likes it or not. I'm not driving 80 miles back to that store again...

My back has been out (muscle) lower back up to shoulders and running along ribs for 3 days. I couldn't find the heating pad, so last night I went and picked one up, my DW gave me a back adjustment; rubbing in peppermint oil, Lobelia extract, followed by capsicum extract while wearing gloves. I slept like a baby... Back is still tight but much better.

I have a lot to catching up to do today and I am out of time... catch you later.
Back issues can surely slow a person down. I've had more than one issue which took me out of commission for day. I hope your back improves quickly. I take aspirin when my back is out, and it relieves the pain and helps me to be more flexible, and that helps too.

Good day everyone!
Another day home.
Getting lots of things prepped for the freeze drier. Mostly things to make ready to go meals for a road trip for me to eat when the time comes.
Multiple places listed yesterday’s that had us drooling. Guess April is the time for people to start listing 🤷🏻‍♀️ I’d heard that. Hope it’s true.
Need to get out jerky meat and get that thawing as well for the dehydrator.
Hubby put new blades on the mower for me last night. Will make mowing the next field really nice. No rocks so they should be great. Hopefully only a day left. Mother in law was sure happy with what got done. Nice to see her not have to worry about it this year. Sure is hard on her not being up there working with me. I told her she could come up but if she misbehaved I had duct tape 🤣 That woman is something else. Truly a blessing.
Hope y’all have a great weekend!

Grandkids came over yesterday afternoon, to help .
They picked up all the sticks and limbs in the yard. So wife tried out her new John Deere. She loves it.
Then they carried all my ammo from storage shed to bunker in basement and set it all up on racks for me.
Of course they entertained Eli for a while.

Got my hair cut this morning. Gotta go pick up my youngest granddaughter and take her to lunch, late birthday.

May do some more mowing this evening if the sun comes out. Seeing as how I'm the only place in my road that hasn't mowed yet..

Then call it a day.

PS , didn't work on that demon room today.

Jim

Grandkids came over yesterday afternoon, to help .
They picked up all the sticks and limbs in the yard. So wife tried out her new John Deere. She loves it.
Then they carried all my ammo from storage shed to bunker in basement and set it all up on racks for me.
Of course they entertained Eli for a while.

Got my hair cut this morning. Gotta go pick up my youngest granddaughter and take her to lunch, late birthday.

May do some more mowing this evening if the sun comes out. Seeing as how I'm the only place in my road that hasn't mowed yet..

Then call it a day.

PS , didn't work on that demon room today.

Jim
Demon room :LOL:
I miss grandpa time. They are lucky. So glad they come to help.
Haircut and a lunch date! 😍 She’s a lucky lady!
I need to go look at mowers. Hubby has been fighting keeping ours going this year. It’s definitely on its way out (pretty old) and there’s no reason to make it harder. So told him he’s getting a new one this weekend. Prices will just continue to go up anyways. He needs one so he’s getting one.

Prayers goin up Snappy for you and hubs. For you as well Urban. I deal with back pain alot and sure understand how much that sucks
Jim sure wish I had my grand parents around to visit. Glad your see you all as much as they can. Those are special times

Bush hogged a bit. Fixin to plant 4 elderberries and 5 horse radish roots.

Last edited:
Demon room :LOL:
I miss grandpa time. They are lucky. So glad they come to help.
Haircut and a lunch date! 😍 She’s a lucky lady!
I need to go look at mowers. Hubby has been fighting keeping ours going this year. It’s definitely on its way out (pretty old) and there’s no reason to make it harder. So told him he’s getting a new one this weekend. Prices will just continue to go up anyways. He needs one so he’s getting one.

Wife's had to have power steering and power deck lift.
John Deere X370
img.jpeg

Jim

Master Gardeners had a plant sale today so picked up 5 and made small donation over cost. They are raising money for a green house to hold educational programs for adults and schools. Went to feed store and picked up some more seed for garden. I have saved seed but husband doubts I have what he wants me to plant. Going to son n laws birthday fish fry at 2 and come home to try to put seed in ground today and tomorrow.

Brought the cats to the vets for their annual health check today, $$$ later, one has to go on a prescription diet for weight loss due to asthma, and to prevent diabetes at $60.00 a 24 case of 3oz cans😭. Both had blood tests. The other is being checked for hyperthyroidism, and kidney disease. Cats are 16 years old, and indoor only.
And may have to give the cat with asthma medication via inhalation. I have to order a special animal inhaler called
AeroKat.

Latest posts

Back