What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Raining again today.
Don't want to be a complainer....but...if it's warm it's raining. It's it's not raining it's cold.

I guess it's a conspiracy , to get me to finish that evil utility room.

Been in there for an hour sanding lightly last skim coat, then sponging it down and sweeping up all the powder.PIA.
Gonna go hang last shelf with clothes hanging rod.
Then hang doors.

The start moving everything in other side , which is twice as big , but no building/framing work.

Wife is gone for haircut, we'll go to lunch when she's back home.

Then back to fun...not.

Jim

Last edited:
Holding down the recliner is a nice thing to do. I'm taking a load off right now. Did the morning animal chores, laundry, then went to town for husband's allergy shot. Lunch at Qdoba, then filled a cart at Aldi. Just finished putting it all away and checking on Mama kitty and the new babies.
I need to get up and get another brooder fixed up for the goslings. They are getting too big very fast. I'll put four in each. Needs to start my tomato seedings.

We finally got out of the hole around 1:00 and traveled almost 65 miles south. It took 3 1/2 hours and it'll be another hour until we get back to the depot, so we'll get a couple hours OT for basically doing nothing. We're staged for a project tomorrow in a little town north of Des Moines. Got a new switch and a couple track panels to install. It'll probably be a big clusterflop of a job...

Yesterday I got mail, took my brother to the doctor, and cleaned out puppy crap from the front room. They chew on puppy pads instead of using them. I must not have closed the front door properly because my brother said he found it wide open. I couldn't figure out how Namir had gotten out of the front room. He'd gotten into a fight with another cat and lost his collar. I broke the fight up and put him back in the room. My brother found him in the kitchen again. So, at least he knows how to get back into the house if he goes out. Temjin got out too an I couldn't sleep last night worrying about her. Went out this morning and she hollered at me to let her back in.
Cleaned up more puppy mess, fed kitties, let puppies out, napped, took my brother to get an x-ray, picked up his rx, got mail, and I'm currently making yellow rice for Mom.
I need to wake up early enough to cut the blackberries around the air conditioner.
Sir Hammington just decided he wants cuddles and is trying to climb on to my shoulder.

Raining again today.
Don't want to be a complainer....but...if it's warm it's raining. It's it's not raining it's cold.

I guess it's a conspiracy , to get me to finish that evil utility room.

Been in there for an hour sanding lightly last skim coat, then sponging it down and sweeping up all the powder.PIA.
Gonna go hang last shelf with clothes hanging rod.
Then hang doors.

The start moving everything in other side , which is twice as big , but no building/framing work.

Wife is gone for haircut, we'll go to lunch when she's back home.

Then back to fun...not.

Jim

Nice day heading your way for tomorrow!

IMG_0626.JPG

Photo of little goat kid that couldn't walk . She is so fast now I can't catch her!!

Yesterday I was invited to a meeting that turned out to be directed at me. New 100,000 sq ft building going up and instead of their normal way of building everything, then going back and redoing a bunch of stuff when they find it don't work, they are asking us to install a BDA system during the build. Some of the work will be much better doing it now. Some of it we can't do testing for until the windows and walls go up. It's also going to have 2 areas that are RF blocking. We'll have to come up with a switched solution for that. So already started working on a quote.
Today we had to work with the riggers to set a couple pallets on the roof of a 3 story building. Riggers had a nice new small crane that worked perfectly. Good crew to work with. Now our work begins.
Rained maybe .25" today. May get about that much more tomorrow.

Our pear and apple trees are all blooming. So is a couple of the blue berry bushes

Bradford pears are taking over this country, they were brought in here in the 80s as ornamentals and have spread everywhere. You really don’t notice them much until this time of year when they are blooming and they are absolutely everywhere.

It's always a good feeling when the freezers are full. If the pantry is full too, well it doesn't get any better than that fully dressed! :)

All the Bradford and Cleveland pears didn't bloom good this year. They're all fully leaved out here.
Redbuds are in bloom.most all trees are leaving out ..

Jim
We planted 6 bradfords along our driveway when we built. I've already took 3 down and will drop another this year. Blooms are pretty, but they stink. Fall colors are nice to and drop a bunch of leaves.

The Department of conservation here is offering to give you a native tree for every Bradford Pear you cut down.

The Department of conservation here is offering to give you a native tree for every Bradford Pear you cut down.

Hope my state has a similar program, I'll check on that. I have one that is a nuisance.

I wish they did the same for multiflora rose. Its a real problem, it chokes out native species.

Hope my state has a similar program, I'll check on that. I have one that is a nuisance.

I wish they did the same for multiflora rose. Its a real problem, it chokes out native species.

Multifloral rose used to be here everywhere, I haven't seen any in several years. I think the farmers took care killing it out.

Good evening everyone. Somehow fit the beef in the freezers. She was WAY bigger hanging than expected. But she was also supposed to be gone a while ago. Have a few things out thawing to make space but will be good for a bit. Good feeling.
I’m beat. Hope y’all had a great day!
Tenderloins are the prize for fitting it all in the freezer. 😋 (maybe butter and garlic involved)

I did something not fun today that was probably a good thing to do. I sat and deleted a bunch of old contacts/phone numbers out of my phone. Numbers from parent of kids my kids were friends with as youngin's, misc. business contacts, etc. I will next make a hard copy of the info. I have in there in case my phone needs to swim with the fishies. Also, kinda a letting go of old baggage sorta thing which is good. I protect my cell. number as much as possible. I use our work number or even our old land line number we no longer have depending upon who's asking 😇

I did something not fun today that was probably a good thing to do. I sat and deleted a bunch of old contacts/phone numbers out of my phone. Numbers from parent of kids my kids were friends with as youngin's, misc. business contacts, etc. I will next make a hard copy of the info. I have in there in case my phone needs to swim with the fishies. Also, kinda a letting go of old baggage sorta thing which is good. I protect my cell. number as much as possible. I use our work number or even our old land line number we no longer have depending upon who's asking 😇
Don't lose me!!

Awww. Cute little goats!

I scrubbed the toilet & seat, installed the bidet part. Got 2 of 3 things hooked up (t-adapter to toilet, hose to adapter & bidet, but the fill valve would not go on the adapter. I took it off the toilet to maneuver but no matter what I did, it cross-threaded. Got my brother to try but he couldn't do it and stopped trying after 60 seconds. I put teflon tape on it but brother refused to try again. Asked my friend if I could bring him out to do it because we needed to flush the toilet. Left my brother to sit with the baby so the baby wouldn't be alone (although friend's mom was there by the time we got there). Bro sat on the couch while friend's mom steam-cleaned the kitchen and bathroom. Friend took less than two minutes to get the fill valve attached and get the adapter on the toilet. I had no trouble with that part before but with everything else hooked up it was resisting. Friend said Hi to mom and then I took him home. His mom was just hauling her stuff out to to go clean my friend's grandfather's house (his late father's father).

I tested out the bidet. Wouldn't turn on at first. I removed a sticker and messed with a flap then turned it on again. The spray hit the door across the room. So it works.

Unfortunately, when putting the seat back on, a piece of plastic on the seat broke off and seat wouldn't go on properly anymore. I had to go get an old seat that was going to go on my toilet, clean it up, and swap them out. I'll see if I can glue that plastic piece back on with some superglue.

Latest posts

Back