What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol I definitely felt watched
The whole area is cursed, haunted, and pretty much evil. how people managed to settle there is beyond me, there is a pall of despair and gloom that hangs over the whole county so strong I was asleep in my uncle's truck, the second we crossed the county line, I started awake and turned to him and said: "We're home aren't we?" If it's paranormal or just messed up, we have several of them to choose from!
Love those pics, winds-of-change!

Been exhausted again. Keep getting dizzy & I think it's from the heat. Haven't been able to clean or be productive bc I can barely stay awake the past few days. Hoping I'll be productive tomorrow. Went to the store but they were out of a lot of stuff. Got my brother to go with me so he could help with carrying in the groceries. Got some watermelon chunks because they are nice and refreshing.

Need to force myself to be productive tomorrow.
I've been like that a year or more myself, I've been told it everything from low testosterone, phantom PTSD, depression, to a chemical imbalance and Male menopause.

Happy Anniversary @Amish Heart 💕. Today is my brother and SIL’s anniversary also and a friend’s birthday 🎂
Did a couple loads of laundry, we made 6 qts of salsa, I picked sage and have it drying, have a dehydrator full of kale going, saved seeds for cilantro, spinach, millet, onion, basil, arugula and my apocalyptic swiss chard seeds. Chard comes back every year all over so I should only need those seeds if there is an apocalypse. 😂. This evening we walked down to the river and picked another 8 pints of blackberries.
I didn’t get the ironing done 🫣

@Magus we have quite a bit of that in my neck of the woods lol, I most definitely don't go out back after dark without my dogs lol idk why just feels like something is sneaking up behind you
Its the haints.
No. you don't go out at night if you feel them, and you WILL feel them.
I used to carry a 22 magnum when I went out before dawn or after dark and you NEVER travel alone in the woods after dark. Now that I know what they are, I doubt my 22 would do any good. the best way to deal with them is when you feel them, go home.

Its the haints.
I used to carry a 22 magnum when I went out before dawn or after dark and you NEVER travel alone in the woods after dark. Now that I know what they are, I doubt my 22 would do any good. the best way to deal with them is when you feel them, go home.
Dang right you do lol, and if you live as close to a big ol cemetery as I do, watch them play from the relative safety of the living room window lol

Happy Anniversary @Amish Heart 💕. Today is my brother and SIL’s anniversary also and a friend’s birthday 🎂
Did a couple loads of laundry, we made 6 qts of salsa, I picked sage and have it drying, have a dehydrator full of kale going, saved seeds for cilantro, spinach, millet, onion, basil, arugula and my apocalyptic swiss chard seeds. Chard comes back every year all over so I should only need those seeds if there is an apocalypse. 😂. This evening we walked down to the river and picked another 8 pints of blackberries.
I didn’t get the ironing done 🫣
Get your butt to that ironing board!! FYI, I don't own one!😃😃

Dang right you do lol, and if you live as close to a big ol cemetery as I do, watch them play from the relative safety of the living room window lol
Not THOSE haints. they can tell you're watching by the way. just saying.
I'm talking about the haints that never were human. we're not welcome where they "live?"
I'm one of the few to speak with them and come back you see. we came to an agreement:
"Don't bother us, we won't bother you."

Not THOSE haints. they can tell you're watching by the way. just saying.
I'm talking about the haints that never were human. we're not welcome where they "live?"
I'm one of the few to speak with them and come back you see. we came to an agreement:
"Don't bother us, we won't bother you."
I definitely don't play with those haints, when I stumble on their territory I make tracks off it lol, Daddy didn't raise no fools just ugly kids 😉

Its the haints.
I thought "haint" was a shade of blue. Are these haints a Southern thing and what the heck are they?

It also is a color a certain race of feline visitors adores, maybe for the same reason? Blue is pretty much a healing color as well.

haints a Southern thing and what the heck are they?
Pretty much generic for ANY paranormal activity from ghosts to Bigfoot and Aliens.
the "Haints" I refer to are what our ancestors referred to as "Elves" and wood spirits, judging from the area, I believe them to be elves. And they do not like us "Big nose" people stomping around on their roof! They can manifest as pretty much anything, but if you don't take the hint, you might never be seen again!

Missing 411 anybody?

Woke early this morning to some welcome rain... supposed to get more later, so I'm just gonna kick it and pull damage control with the cats. They like tracking mud into the house... the blasted varmints! Crackhead jumped on my bed early this morning (0500) and he was soaking wet! I just washed the sheets yesterday too... that knucklehaid! :confused:

I don't have to be anywhere or go anywhere today, so I'm already enjoying a cold beer... meh, the sun's over the yardarm somewhere out over the Atlantic. Close enough for this kid, I'm not really motivated to do any home rehab work yet and I won't paint in rainy weather anyway, so I'll party (lightly), catch up on reading, watch a movie, etc. :)

Got a fridge full of primo leftovers, so I'm all set... whoa, there's a whole covey of quail and a flock of doves in my yard right now, good thing the hawk isn't around! I set out the hummer feeders yesterday and the hummers already found em, so they're zooming around the yard, lol. No sign of wasps either, maybe the rain is keeping 'em in their nest somewhere... 🤔

Walked early this morning.
Nurse has already been here for DH. Including today, he has 4 more days of IV antibiotics as long as blood work is good.
CT scan for kidney stone in a bit for me.
Aldi and Walmart for a few things.
Only 4.5 hours sleep last night, so maybe nothing this afternoon!

Back