What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today was a work in the big city day.. tie and everything :( . The last time I had to go down there I tore my dress pants, so I had to dig into my dress clothes box. Over the years I have purchased my dress clothes in "bulk" so I have 3 sizes of dress shirts and pants that I out grew before I got to wear them, I went through a period of rapid expansion about 20 years ago but I kept the old "new clothes" hoping that I would eventually fit back into them. So last night I looked the only pairs 1 size smaller were black, I hate black... Then I found some gray and navy slacks that were 2 sizes smaller, I tried one on, and it fit, a little snug, but fit none the less! They were still wrapped in the original plastic bag and in perfect shape! They stopped making that style way back when...

I love it when a plan comes together :)

Today was a work in the big city day.. tie and everything :( . The last time I had to go down there I tore my dress pants, so I had to dig into my dress clothes box. Over the years I have purchased my dress clothes in "bulk" so I have 3 sizes of dress shirts and pants that I out grew before I got to wear them, I went through a period of rapid expansion about 20 years ago but I kept the old "new clothes" hoping that I would eventually fit back into them. So last night I looked the only pairs 1 size smaller were black, I hate black... Then I found some gray and navy slacks that were 2 sizes smaller, I tried one on, and it fit, a little snug, but fit none the less! They were still wrapped in the original plastic bag and in perfect shape! They stopped making that style way back when...

I love it when a plan comes together :)

1692147404897.jpeg

You cool cat 😂

Okay HCL, Urban is stylin’, D’s wife is in a hamster wheel, and Ches’s dog doesn’t know the difference between a bear and a cat. Is that all you’ve got tonight? C’mon we can do better than that. What kind of crazy are we if that’s the end 😂
Oh nevermind me. Pearl unleashed her heat on me and my brain might be suffering a tad 🤪. Just got in from watering at 7:30 and it’s still 95*!

Ha Ha. I got nothing unusual for around here. Did the meeting at the Mennonite Manor for mom. Hospice rep didn't show. (how rude). Little granddaughter cleaned out one chicken coop with help from Aaron the neighbor boy, and he also did the weed whacking. We went into the bigger town to pick up husband's meds, pickup his coconut water stash, and order little granddaughter's bday cake for next week. She chose a very splashy design in gold and black. We went to her school to say hey to her teacher and drop off her school supplies. School starts tomorrow, and she's already in bed. I bet lying awake because tomorrow's the first day. And we met the new student in her class this year. A 6th grade girl, in a wheelchair, no legs. That brings the 6th to 8th grade class up to 11 students this year. She said she'd be a special friend to her tomorrow. Little granddaughter's teacher had a book ready to loan her that he read over the summer. She's a constant reader.

Ha Ha. I got nothing unusual for around here. Did the meeting at the Mennonite Manor for mom. Hospice rep didn't show. (how rude). Little granddaughter cleaned out one chicken coop with help from Aaron the neighbor boy, and he also did the weed whacking. We went into the bigger town to pick up husband's meds, pickup his coconut water stash, and order little granddaughter's bday cake for next week. She chose a very splashy design in gold and black. We went to her school to say hey to her teacher and drop off her school supplies. School starts tomorrow, and she's already in bed. I bet lying awake because tomorrow's the first day. And we met the new student in her class this year. A 6th grade girl, in a wheelchair, no legs. That brings the 6th to 8th grade class up to 11 students this year. She said she'd be a special friend to her tomorrow. Little granddaughter's teacher had a book ready to loan her that he read over the summer. She's a constant reader.
Goodness sounds like your school is about like the one here lol Pre-K thru 8th 180 kids

Okay HCL, Urban is stylin’, D’s wife is in a hamster wheel, and Ches’s dog doesn’t know the difference between a bear and a cat. Is that all you’ve got tonight? C’mon we can do better than that. What kind of crazy are we if that’s the end 😂
Oh nevermind me. Pearl unleashed her heat on me and my brain might be suffering a tad 🤪. Just got in from watering at 7:30 and it’s still 95*!
Send it back!! Hope your nail polish didn't melt off😮

Still no a/c at work. Governor Abbott signed Disaster Declaration and our county in it. I know of 4 fires today blamed on utility lines. Guy crazy at gas station yesterday. Assaulting customers in store and starting beating old man in restrooms. Another stepped in to stop him and crazy jumped him. He was prepared to defend him self constitutionally and did 2 times. Crazy was detained 3 miles north and was flown to hospital. Older gentleman was transported also. None were local but everyone agrees not in our small town!

Just to throw this in here. We haven’t heard from @Aerindel in a while. If I’m not mistaken, that fire is only about 7% contained and over 4k acres.
Well, it rained a week ago, that slowed things down, but it blew up again today....

Still here though

IMG_6872.jpeg

I have been a temporary supervisor over a large program for the last 4 months and it seems like everyone had decided that it's the wild wild west where they can just run off the reservation. So this week I have spent my time providing attitude adjustments. I can't fire anyone, but I can delay their project money for a year or two... That usually gets peoples attention....

On a personal note: I have been looking into buying a new 12 Volt DC 120 Volt AC inverter/charger for one of my battery backups. I found one that matched my design criteria, it also had a very reasonable price (a couple hundred lower than the competition). In my search I found that I could buy the model I wanted directly from the company web-page for $40 less than on Amazon, with free shipping. Anyway I ordered it from the company on Saturday, and I got a nice e-mail from the company saying that they would send me a tracking number by Tuesday. The unit was delivered on Monday night by Amazon... Got another note from the guy at the company on Tuesday saying the unit had shipped and he asked me to let him know when it arrived... anyway I plan to install it on Saturday and will post my findings on the "Adding Solar to an old on Grid homestead" thread.

On a fun note: all the joking about my dress slacks has a tune in my head... so here's to ya

We had a storm a couple weeks ago and the wind and rain broke one of our plum trees off at the ground. We still have several more plum trees, but this was our best producer.
we have an apple tree that broke off at the bottom but is still attached and beleive it or not, the thing still grows leaves and apples, so we left it. Mostly the sheep eat the apples , they don't taste that great and we have enough other apple trees
sorry about your plum

We have a piece of appletree that gives a few buckets of apples each year, too. Husband wanted to take it out...but it's free animal food, so what the heck.
Just woke up little granddaughter. I'll drive her to school in an hr. Chesney.....this school wishes they had 180 students. They added a class for 3 yr olds and a class for 4 yr olds this year, because otherwise the district would close them. So we'll see the total soon for this year. Last year was K thru 8th grade, and that was 45 students. At least half are amish, and they only attend to 8th grade.

we have an apple tree that broke off at the bottom but is still attached and beleive it or not, the thing still grows leaves and apples, so we left it. Mostly the sheep eat the apples , they don't taste that great and we have enough other apple trees
sorry about your plum
The saga of the plum tree started 2 years ago. Our garden/orchard is next to our lower corral. I had a bunch of cattle in the corral waiting to go to auction. The grandkids left the gate open and the cows got in to the garden and ate everything and broke the plum tree. It was still attached so I staked it up. It did good and produced a lot of plums last year. I thought it was going to make it.

OK, I'm going to climb in the tractor bucket now with a solar panel. The wife is going to lift me up to the pole mount so I can install the panels. That's the plans anyway.
I've never had any luck with that lol...my Dad dumped me and a chainsaw outta the bucket once....he was leaning over to see what I was cutting and hit the control lol

OK, I'm going to climb in the tractor bucket now with a solar panel. The wife is going to lift me up to the pole mount so I can install the panels. That's the plans anyway.
Better be extra special nice to her so she doesn't leave you up there in that bucket ;)

*Feel free to ask me for marital advice any time 😂

Latest posts

Back