What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let me know if you're ever up this way. We love irish pubs :D

Had a deposition prep today for a medical case I'm consulting on. Rained a lot this morning (thank heavens) and now it just smells like wet forest outside (my favorite). The hubs went into town to get dog food + the mail and to order the tubes for the cabin foundation. We are just relaxing at home today. Tomorrow I'm going to organize the new root cellar, I'll post some pics. We hastily threw a lot of stuff on the shelves when the fires were headed our way.
That sounds good. If I remember right Spokane has some good Irish Pubs.
We're heading home now. It's raining hard with lots of thunder and lightning. Got soaked at the cigar store too.

No rain here, and still hotter than heck. Got the housecleaning done, took little granddaughter out for an early birthday dinner, then to Walmart to pick up the cake and cupcakes she ordered. Cupcakes are for tomorrow for her class. Cake is for after dinner tomorrow. Expecting lots of company in tomorrow, and more the following day...tomorrow is MIL, two SIL, our youngest daughter, and my Florida sis. The next day is our son and two more daughters.

Was planning to take off half a day and take DW for a ride, just to get her outside... Yesterday, during her pre-op video interview the technician got fussed with all my wife's complications and scheduled an in-person interview for today. Well looking on the bright side, I already had half a day off and we will be going for a ride.

We were planning to grill Steak-n-Shrimp to celebrate a birthday, but with everything else going on we rescheduled that for Friday.

I've been going for walks in the woods on Saturdays, the area is very thick with downed trees and briers, my shins look a mess. I am debating between shin guards and snake gaiters to save my legs. Stopping the walks is not a consideration. The trouble with getting old is that we develop thin skin....

Finally didn't do too much yesterday. Had to deworm a few little goats, made lunch, took dogs for a walk, that's it. Today shopping trip to Sams. Need paper towels, peanut butter and dog food
It's cold out ( mid 50s) but supposed to warm up. Still no rain, but supposed to start raining again next week I sort of wished it wouldn't. It's so much nicer when it's not mud everywhere

I am staying inside. Supposed to be blazing hot (over 100), and I don't have a pool to jump into. I will do my usual mechanical work, and put a rear end in a recliner.

Today I am headed out to a dentist
I am starting the journey to have all my toofes’s pulled and get me some store bought ones
I do not know if this will be just a look see and schedule the work for later or if he is going to start plucking

Wish me luck

Finally didn't do too much yesterday. Had to deworm a few little goats, made lunch, took dogs for a walk, that's it. Today shopping trip to Sams. Need paper towels, peanut butter and dog food
It's cold out ( mid 50s) but supposed to warm up. Still no rain, but supposed to start raining again next week I sort of wished it wouldn't. It's so much nicer when it's not mud everywhere
Do not fight the mud
Lay down in it and think about all the money the rich people pay for that treatment and you are doing it for free

If you do not have mud how are you going to make a mud pie?
Or squish your toes in it?

Good morning!
Will walk first.
Take friend to local grocery.
Lawyer's to get Wills legally done as opposed to internet ones.
Cut up carrots for dog treats- never got to that, yesterday.
Maybe pick up branches from yesterday's rose pruning.
Still hot and dry. Not a day for the next week under 100 and a few over-up to 104. Hopefully rain in a week or so.

The road/bridge washout repair has finally been opened after four years. We went to town just for a looky loo. It saves a whole fifteen minutes drive one way.

They blasted through a big hill and filled in a big dip and managed to make a very long steep hair pinned grade, both coming and going.

If they don't plow and sand it properly during the winter it's going to take chains to get through. For now though, we can finally wash the mud off the vehicles and identify them by color instead of layers of dirt.

My Hubby does that. Or (seems to) wait until the water is running in the sink or I’m cooking and the food is sizzling or any other situation that makes it difficult to hear him.
Was planning to take off half a day and take DW for a ride, just to get her outside... Yesterday, during her pre-op video interview the technician got fussed with all my wife's complications and scheduled an in-person interview for today. Well looking on the bright side, I already had half a day off and we will be going for a ride.

We were planning to grill Steak-n-Shrimp to celebrate a birthday, but with everything else going on we rescheduled that for Friday.

I've been going for walks in the woods on Saturdays, the area is very thick with downed trees and briers, my shins look a mess. I am debating between shin guards and snake gaiters to save my legs. Stopping the walks is not a consideration. The trouble with getting old is that we develop thin skin....
If we walk in the woods here, we will undoubtedly pick up a tick or two. 😩
Today I am headed out to a dentist
I am starting the journey to have all my toofes’s pulled and get me some store bought ones
I do not know if this will be just a look see and schedule the work for later or if he is going to start plucking

Wish me luck
I hope it goes well. I an terrified of losing my teeth. I hope it is relatively painless.

Taking wife to Herat doctor. Heart betas out of control, medicine isn't working. Doctor wants to do procedure that kills the electrical impulses. Don't know if she wants to get done or not. She is tired of surgeries. Both hips replaced, 3 metal discs in neck and one metal disk in lower back within last 5 years. She is only 55.

Mulling over a town run... we're getting some much-needed rain, not a heavy downpour, more like a light but steady soaker, so I may just stay here and keep an eye on the cats. They track mud into our home on days like this... and I still have a few beers in the fridge, not to mention the rum I never touched yesterday, lol. Meh, at least I don't have to water today, that's a plus. I still have decent leftovers in the fridge too, so maybe I'll postpone the town run until manana. I'm hoping it rains all day, we really need it in this long drought. 🤔

Sticker shock !!!!!!!!!!!
IMG_0093.jpeg
IMG_0093.jpeg

Frodo, I hope the tooth pulling goes well & that you don't have much pain afterward. Ugh. The cost hurts probably more than the pain after removal!

Peepaw, I hope your wife will be OK. Those procedures can be a bear, but can also be lifesavers.

Trying to work up the energy to go to the post office after I eat some breakfast. Already took my morning vitamins and allergy meds. I may see if my brother is up so we can go to Samsclub together. Need more water and Kale salad (mom likes it). Might go tomorrow instead. But need to work on more cleaning.

Last winter the snow crushed the deck on the east side of my fur shed. It was 8×16' and made out of 2×6 and 2×8 lumber. I'm taking it apart now and building a new deck on the chicken coop. When I'm done with the deck I'll build a roof over it to keep the snow away from the coop door. There's a lot of good lumber in that deck.

Taking wife to Herat doctor. Heart betas out of control, medicine isn't working. Doctor wants to do procedure that kills the electrical impulses. Don't know if she wants to get done or not. She is tired of surgeries. Both hips replaced, 3 metal discs in neck and one metal disk in lower back within last 5 years. She is only 55.
Guessing that's an ablation. It can be great if it gets her off blood thinners as that can be more dangerous for her in the long term. Hope all goes well.

Not doing much today. Have my monthly online therapy session here in about 15 mins.
Going to organize the root cellar, go pick up our car we left at a friends house as we were afraid we couldn't get everything out in case of fire.
Doing laundry now. I might harvest some herbs today or tomorrow to get them dried out.
May or may not work out later. I haven't been feeling well the last couple of days and I'm not sure if its lingering effects from the fires/smoke or what.
Got a quote from someone to do the concrete for our quonset hut footings and its cheaper to have him do it, plus fill the sonotubes for the cabin foundation so we are getting that squared away, will likely get the tubes tomorrow or the next day.

Scored nice at the flea market, a pair of near-new tactical boots (American military) a duffel bag, an extra ammo can, three one gallon pickle jars, and a new Old Henry.

You have more teeth than I did. I saved money when #19 fell out on its own. :rolleyes:

I got temp dentures but I gave up on them. Never did get permanent dentures. I can most anything if I use a knife to cut up hard stuff like an apple or beef jerky. Been about 3 years now.

I have no plans to ever get dentures.

Ben

Put 4 chicken carcasses and some miscellaneous parts in the electric turkey roaster this morning. Strained into 2stock pots to cool. Tomorow I’ll be canning it up. Also canned 6 pints of beef roast. Two haven’t sealed yet. Guess I’ll have beef and noodles for dinner.

Hopefully no more surgeries. Keep us updated!!

You have more teeth than I did. I saved money when #19 fell out on its own. :rolleyes:

I got temp dentures but I gave up on them. Never did get permanent dentures. I can most anything if I use a knife to cut up hard stuff like an apple or beef jerky. Been about 3 years now.

Ben
All of them are rotted at the gum line
It started about a year ago
The meds for my breathing machine rot your teeth. And Ibwas not aware till to late

Ben
Me too, been 23 years so far.

Latest posts

Back