What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Pearl, always fun when the kitties try to "help". LOL. Itsy (my 2nd oldest) can not wait until I'm done putting fresh litter in. LOL.

@jishinsjourney Thanks! Hope you're having a good week.

This month usually sucks for me but thus far its been ok. Just knocking on wood and hoping nothing goes pearshaped.

The processor I wanted had a coupon & I was able to use cashback rewards to get it for under $200.

Best friend didn't get his paycheck yet & needed groceries. It's his day off so I took him to the store. Got rice, meat, veggies, etc. He was very happy. He did all the scanning at self-checkout and loaded everything up for me. He also helped me find stuff and reminded me of stuff on my list. Before I brought him in he was giving me computer tech support/advice. We were discussing power supplies. When all of the parts arrive, he's going to put it together for me and mount the pc holding bracket on the wall for me.

Unloaded groceries, fed kitties, & am sitting with my feet up. Rupert is sitting on my chest and clinging to my arm. LOL.

It's cloudy, breezy, only 90°! But I'm going to tough it out on the pool float for a bit! The water is down to 81°, was at least 90° all summer. I got in it and gave it a good vacuuming before the hopefully upcoming rain! Rest of the evening after a little pool time🍺 will be spent with Hubby and the critters!

It's cloudy, breezy, only 90°! But I'm going to tough it out on the pool float for a bit! The water is down to 81°, was at least 90° all summer. I got in it and gave it a good vacuuming before the hopefully upcoming rain! Rest of the evening after a little pool time🍺 will be spent with Hubby and the critters!
Did you wear your parka in the pool?
💂‍♂️🪨🚪🧿

Did you wear your parka in the pool?
💂‍♂️🪨🚪🧿
First off, EXCELLENT random emojis!! Not sure which one I like best!;🤔 I have actually worn a sweatshirt over my swimsuit in the pool (on the float chair), not this summer! Today ended up with 2 tank tops over the swimsuit! A girl has to do what a girl has to do!!🤠🥦🍙✈️🎠

Well, the internet guy showed up this morning. Wasn't a really energetic sort of guy, but he went up the tower and fussed for a while then came back down and said nope, no internet for you. With a shrug and a sorry he was back in his truck and gone.
What followed was a long day of frantic internet searches and phone calls, which I should bring up in the rant thread instead of here, ending with signing up for Tmobile business wireless internet. The router/modem thingy should be here Wednesday, so we'll see if it works. After that, it seems my only option is starlink but with all the moving expenses I can't swing the big upfront cost just now.
Realtor friend stopped by, I signed all the papers and she left me the 'for sale' sign. I'll post it out front after I cut the grass tomorrow. Painted the front door hardware and tried to actually put in some hours at work, and the day is gone.
Bacpacker, you could come mow my yard - it's been raining enough and I've been busy enough that it's pretty much a hayfield now.....
Pearl two tank tops??? Why even bother with a swim suit? It was hot today, we're not supposed to be close to 80 in October, but I didn't have time to brave the pool. When I do jump in, I just go in wearing my shorts and tshirt. Right off the mower, and up over the side, LOL.

First off, EXCELLENT random emojis!! Not sure which one I like best!;🤔 I have actually worn a sweatshirt over my swimsuit in the pool (on the float chair), not this summer! Today ended up with 2 tank tops over the swimsuit! A girl has to do what a girl has to do!!🤠🥦🍙✈️🎠
For Christmas maybe I’ll get you a pair of thermals to wear in the pool 😂
BTW what is that middle emoji 🤨
👥🧌🥿🪼⚡🌊🧩

For Christmas maybe I’ll get you a pair of thermals to wear in the pool 😂
BTW what is that middle emoji 🤨
👥🧌🥿🪼⚡🌊🧩
I was installing a catscan in Seattle. Nice hotel with a pool and a hot tub. It was winter so no pool for me, too cold. It actually snowed one evening. Yep, i was sitting in the hot tub with a ball cap on watching it snow! Gone by morning but pretty while it lasted.

Hey Snappy....husband is so so. We have 2 appts on Thursday...one with the regular doc about the giant lump that came up on his armpit, the same side he's leaking on. It's a lymph node problem, but not sure what they can do about it. Still leaking. The next appt is the pulmonary doc that called today and said to come in and talk about an antibiotic. Possibly putting him in the hospital again for a different IV one, but don't know for sure. We'll see what Thursday brings. And he's irritated about it all, so I'm trying to keep him distracted. So he wanted salmon this evening, and I went to our Kroger Store for it. Haven't been there in awhile. Geesh, the prices. They did have whole chickens on sale for a buck a lb, so I bought six to cook for lunch meat. Cooked three this evening. The cats got the carcasses. They were in cat heaven.

So to any of the sciency people here: how many tons of carbon did Mt Vesuvius produce and how many tons have people via manufacturing and automation produced? When Hubby tried looking up specifically for Mt V and it went directly into agenda mode and wouldn’t provide any information. He finally found a site to find out how much Mt St Helen produced but in order to see it, he would have to indicate he was over 13 years old, and provide his phone number and email which he wasn’t about to do.
(Tell me again it’s not controlled) 🙄. Anyhoo he has studied My V a long time ago and was trying to remember what he once knew.

@zannej Thanks! This week is … hectic. More doctors’ appointments than I’d like, nothing fatal, just annoying. Gotta probably get my new glasses redone, allergy shot, PT, all the everything, blah.

Did get the laundry and the groceries done, and if time permits I’ve got apple butter and sour cherry conserve to make this week.

Speaking of! My local Kroger-affiliate (King Soopers here in Colorado) was having a sale on narrow-mouth pint jars, a flat for $13. I haven’t seen them that cheap in five years, so if people need jars, I’d go check your Kroger / Ralph’s / Smiths / whatever and see if they’ve still got any.

He finally found a site to find out how much Mt St Helen produced but in order to see it...

I used to have the phone number of the Cascades Volcano Observatory, knew a scientist there. I'm sure that number has changed in 20yrs. 😁 I was chasing cures for cfs early on, learned about cropland mineral depletion. Got the screwy idea to put volcanic soils on my gardens. Ended up talking folks at the cvo. She was a nice lady, talked several times. She found an article about azomite, i eventually bought tons of it, sold a few tons also.

Happened to remember something else besides snow in seattle. An earthquake happened while i was there. It shook for a while... went looking for a record, i was there in jan of 95, part of feb.

The Great Seattle Quake Of 1995: What Had We Learned? Were We Ready?

https://archive.seattletimes.com/archive/?date=19940119&slug=1890440

You and your dh get put through the ringer @Amish Heart ! You are kind of preparing me for what's to come with mine and for that, I thank you!

Already walked.
Next will walk dogs.
Make a couple of business calls
Put away pressure canned jars of food.
Maybe make those 3 ingredient peanut butter cookies- some for Church potluck on Sunday.

Animal and garden chores. Got the 26 guinea keets moved out to the milkhouse. I need to set up two brooders for the meat chicks arriving tomorrow or the next day. They'll be 25 cornish. Roosters. 6 weeks till butchering. I had to move a turkey hen out of the coop of nine yesterday...she was getting picked on. So she's by her lonesome self in the milkhouse but eating and doing alot better. I can try her in another turkey run with the chocolate turkeys if she gets better. I don't usually choose to butcher hens. Taking husband to the bigger town to get his bloodwork done shortly. Got the last three whole chickens cooked up, stripped, and the meat put in the freezer for lunchmeat.

Getting my glasses remade, thank goodness. Pro tip, it is not helpful if your bifocal line is in your distance vision. o_O

Allergy shot is done. She stepped me back down two steps again this week, but I think that was a good decision — my system is not freaking out the way it was the past couple weeks.

Made black bean soup and grilled cheese sammidges for lunch. Time to do dishes …. wheeeeee. But I got all the hard stuff done.

Latest posts

Back