What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Drinking coffee and watching the oldest crank out a couple loaves of bread with some PBS on the tv. It finally cooled off last night so everyone a little more chipper this morning. Going to church and then Costco in a bit. Have more fruit leather to make when we get back. Might do a batch of dilly beans also. Smoke is kind of hanging back so far this morning. I hope that means they are finally getting on top of the fire. I have so many friends that have had a horrible long scary week. Our whole butte to the north is charred.

@OldSchool you know what they say, once you get that momentum going, keep going! I keep getting momentum which is good and about time, but I run out of time. I’ll keep plugging away at it when I can. Am I lucky I don’t have a basement? 🤔
It was suggested to me to sell my various saws. I’d been hanging onto them for my sons but they haven’t used them.
@Bluedanube dilly beans sounds good. And yet you’ve got wildfires in your area. Hope it rains there. Any photos?

@OldSchool you know what they say, once you get that momentum going, keep going! I keep getting momentum which is good and about time, but I run out of time. I’ll keep plugging away at it when I can. Am I lucky I don’t have a basement? 🤔
It was suggested to me to sell my various saws. I’d been hanging onto them for my sons but they haven’t used them.
@Bluedanube dilly beans sounds good. And yet you’ve got wildfires in your area. Hope it rains there. Any photos?

I don’t have any photos of the fire, the name of the fire is Paddock. https://inciweb.wildfire.gov/incident-information/idbod-paddock

iu

It's been a roller coaster since mid-day yesterday but I am finally in Sunday relaxation mode. I have already had breakfast so now I am just going to piss away the day until dinner time. Might watch a movie this afternoon if I can find a new one on the streaming services. I may even make some stove top popcorn with real butter and sea salt. That sounds really good right now.

We will be harvesting blueberries and crow berries all week for freezing. Raspberries to, but they will be for eating fresh. I know the wife will want to hunt for mushrooms as well.

Alot of outside work, now it's done. Neighbor boy Levi came by early for coffee and a cookie and said he got paid $60 for 3 days help with my cousin. Cousin is tearing down an old trailer, laying a new foundation, and building a new shed home for his daughter and grandkids. So Levi was pumped. There will be more work for him Monday, but school starts on Tuesday. I asked him if he was saving up for something (he's 11). He said he spent half of it on a good dinner at the amish place last night, had catfish dinner and sweet tea, then bought his mom a bunch of her favorite crackers at the amish discount grocery. He does like a good meal. They have food at home, but he likes a good cooked meal. Expecting him shortly for lunch. We have leftover spaghetti. He moved some big planters for me today and moved some chicken feed bags, too.

Fever finally broke early this morning, woke up soaked. Never got below 102 yesterday and I was throwing every herb I had at it. Hate to think how bad it’d have been otherwise. This is a nasty flu bug, took me 36hrs to break the fever. But it’s still holding just under 100f, hasn’t changed in the last 6 hours. At least I can sort of function again. Fried an egg and sausage about an hour ago, that helped a lot. Wish I had some Oj in the house though.

I have an old work friend that has a son in the Forestry service that is a Smoke Jumper he has been in the service for about 15 years and been burned over once, those folks are REAL HEROES!!!!

I wish we could all take the time to say a prayer for them as they take enormous chances and battle the devils breath to save our country's land, homes and people!!!

Thanks!!!

Gonna put one in prayer request too.

Last edited:
Fever finally broke early this morning, woke up soaked. Never got below 102 yesterday and I was throwing every herb I had at it. Hate to think how bad it’d have been otherwise. This is a nasty flu bug, took me 36hrs to break the fever. But it’s still holding just under 100f, hasn’t changed in the last 6 hours. At least I can sort of function again. Fried an egg and sausage about an hour ago, that helped a lot. Wish I had some Oj in the house though.
I had something like that too..fever broke on the 4th day. Coughing crap that was like greenish yellow gooey glue.
Good times..

Went to work then Walmart. Hubby did the little bit of push mowing that needed done. I got my laundry put away, supplies ready for tomorrow's job, made burger patties for the grill later. There's more I could do, but I'm taking a nap, then vacuuming the pool, then enjoying ice cold beer on my float chair!!

Went to church this morning; had forgotten today was the church picnic so had some good food and good fellowship after the service, made a nice surprise. Came home afterward and took a nap instead of cutting the grass. Now I'm thinking about a motorcycle ride instead of cutting the grass.

A whole day has gone by without socks or boots, I am not sure that has ever happened before..
and I haven't touched a tool all day.....

Sunday Aug 11th 2024

All day it was Monday in my brain LOL

Finally stupid rain did stop.. it was not raining hard ...still :rolleyes:
so I did driveway and a bit around the house..more to do
Tuesday ...cuz...tomorrow ...guess what ..its RAIN
So happy weekend over !!!!

Dinner I ate a bit of cucumber ..half an apple and a bit of chicken
I feel like 90 year old.....dont know why.....whatever 😑

Yes. Pepsi & Vodka tonight will make me relax

My sister called me to tell me one of our Uncle passed 🥺
He was a very sweet person!

Have a great evening and night

I have been lounging most if the day.

No bra, in my jammies, nappytime eariler

I arrested to put the trash out..it was hot..dumped the bag on the porch n just dumped it when I closed the coop.

I feel bad that my pups didn't get their walk..but sometimes..I need a day like this.

I at least made their food. I added a tiny bit of pumpkin and mashed potatoes to the dog food. Both said were good for poop butt's. Plus I got some yogurt to help restore the good bio stuff in the gut.
The fat one has goid turds, she just smells like skunk. Danny Boy is the runny turd dog. He is getting better too..thankfully.

NORTHERN LIGHTS, NOW AND LATER TONIGHT FOR YOU NORTHERN STATE FOLKS.
The KP index is almost at 5 and the BZ is aspected south and has been for hours. Lots of energy pouring in. The cam I look at in north Dakota is already showing nice colors.

I'm off to sleep more..0430 wake up comes too fast.. be safe..or sneeky at least.
Night!

I don't know what is up with me today, but I'm exhausted out of nowhere. Mild sinus headache but no energy. I can't stay awake for a full hour at a time. Have to keep napping-- I slept through my alarm. It was going off for over 30min when I finally heard it, rolled over, turned it off and went straight back to sleep until 3:30pm. Got up and checked on mom, ate something, went back to nap. And have been napping intermittently. Got up and got Mom some food and then back to naping. Can't even do stuff on my computer bc I start to doze off. I'm about to go back to sleep again.

Latest posts

Back