What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so I spoke too soon yesterday, forgot we had meat chickens to butcher. We did 4, that's all I had room for in the fridge. We let them sit a few days before freezing
dreading this week, have to get my yukon inspected. Plus still waiting on the Ranger to be fixed, plus son has a dentist appointment for a few minor fillings tomorrow plus husband really needs to go to the doctor with his knee to see if they can do anything to fix it
Oh truck needs an oil change, thankfully inspection not due till October
Today animal care , and starting to take down the greenhouse

peanut: hope you feel better soon, don't get dehydrated

The life of a retiree. Going to the bank to get some cash. Probably whack some golf balls around the range. Then meeting the guys for lunch; our local chapter of the ROMEO's... Retired Old Men Eating Out.

Looks like it rained a little last night, so I don't have to water today. Cooking breakfast in a bit, animal chores, greenhouse stuff, then taking husband into bigger town for the allergy clinic appt after lunch. Still working on the backsplash in the kitchen. It's little granddaughter's last day of summer vacation, school starts tomorrow. Ugh for her. Ugh for me, because I'll have to get up earlier to make sure she's up, but that's a good routine for me, too. Tonight is open house at the school and meet the teachers, and since it's a new school to her, I think it'll make her feel more at ease before tomorrow. She doesn't know anybody there.

@zannej Get a blood count, I sometimes just sit down turn on the TV and boom out for a bit wake up see what I missed reset and boom out again Hate to go to those places, I had no Idea My platelet count was 40,000 and had only being tired and little things that you expect from being older, red and white were good, but low platelets will make you have problems too.

It is an important thing!!!!

Need to pick up more windfall apples, pick more off the tree if I have time, test-fit the cover for the new raised bed, make a trip to Home Depot for bungee cord and some other pieces for covering the raised bed, and to the grocery store to get a few things I can’t get at the hippie crunchy grocery store, do laundry, hit the gym, and make dinner. And call my brother.

I think that’s enough. Laying the new soaker hose and planting up the new bed for fall can hopefully(?) wait until tomorrow.

iu

I know what I should do today; fix the fence where the cows got out, level the wood shed, cut firewood, finish the fire pit area, work on the new meat chicken coop, etc. But right now I don't feel like doing any of that stuff. I'm fine just sitting here on the deck watching the birds on the feeder and the chickens and ducks. The horse is up in the woods behind the house waiting for the granddaughter to come out with a carrot. Life is good.

Woke up with no fever! Yea! Started coughing all the crud up this morning but it’s a step in the right direction. This is one nasty bug! I take herbs for various purposes once or twice a week that also happen to have an antiviral component. Poke root for example, excellent anti-inflammatory for my arthritis and has a powerful antiviral protein.

So I have low levels of antivirals in my system at all times. I don’t get flu symptoms. I feel viruses attack my body but the ‘flu’ is usually over in a couple hours. Rarely does it last overnight. This is only the third time in 20years I’ve had the flu longer than 24hrs.

This flu is nasty!!! I had to pull out my heavy hitters. It still took 60hrs to kick it’s butt. It’s nothing like covid but does have a headache component like the 3rd version of vid. That’s where the similarity ends. This is just an old fashioned flu with a big punch. So, if your job or life exposes you to viruses often… be prepared! If you can get some Boneset do so, it’s perfect for this virus. My mistake was waiting a day to start boneset. I thought my usual antivirals would kick it’s butt, they didn’t. This bug definitely calls for serious flu herbs.

good luck on the gummies, hope they work out great!! I have to make some more soon too
Today I am using 1 pkg jello/ 3 pkgs gelatin/1/2 cup extra sugar 1.5 cups water total/ 3 tablespoons homemade tincture. We will see how they are.

Coffee and then : the cycle of life , troubleshoot , wait for parts, clean up tools.

@zannej do you know if you have the symptoms of chronic fatigue? I hope you can get some real rest then have some energy to function for everything you are pressed to take care of.
Yes. I've had CFS for over 20 years. I was having symptoms similar to Klein-Levins Syndrome in college and then was diagnosed as having chronic recurring Epstein-Barr Virus (which usually is a one and done thing but I have that special kind of luck). I'm not having the inflammation I usually get where my tonsils used to be that I usually get when it recurs though. Having sinus headache still.

@12icemaker I'm due to have bloodwork done this month and will get results next month. I think it is somewhat related to the ear infection. I suspect I may have a sinus infection or at least some irritation as well. The heat doesn't help. It saps my energy like crazy. I'm taking it easy and drinking plenty of water for now. I'm about to nap again and wait for Mom to page me for food.

Yes. I've had CFS for over 20 years. I was having symptoms similar to Klein-Levins Syndrome in college and then was diagnosed as having chronic recurring Epstein-Barr Virus (which usually is a one and done thing but I have that special kind of luck). I'm not having the inflammation I usually get where my tonsils used to be that I usually get when it recurs though. Having sinus headache still.

@12icemaker I'm due to have bloodwork done this month and will get results next month. I think it is somewhat related to the ear infection. I suspect I may have a sinus infection or at least some irritation as well. The heat doesn't help. It saps my energy like crazy. I'm taking it easy and drinking plenty of water for now. I'm about to nap again and wait for Mom to page me for food.
That is exactly what I had going on that got me to the doctor, I had an ear bleed and sinus really bad.
CTS and Hematology two weeks out no big stuff had a CTS a couple of years ago for the ILD.

Lucky Knocking on Wood and all I get is CRS, Mildly in fact...!!!

iu

It's pretty hot here today, 80 degs. We had about 10 drops of rain this morning. I decided to work on the foundation of the meat chicken coop today. The wife is staining the wood on the new trailer. A little while ago I sat down for lunch and the granddaughter came running in, "grandpa, there's a squirrel in the tree next to the house. Shoot it". So I grabbed the .410 that's always sitting next to the back door and shot it. The dang dog ran off with it before I had a chance to put it in the freezer.

Got up, worked out, went for a nice long hike, got home, cleaned up and talked to the lawyer again. He is convinced the developer will pay more so he is still holding out. He also said the neighbors deal was done and I was either gonna sell or be surrounded by nice big fancy houses. He also eluded to the road which is private and only portions of which are on my land, so if I stay I may need a helicopter or a jetpack. Otherwise I have been texting or talking on the phone with the lady every 3 minutes since yesterday evening. Seems like she is missing me. I am going to just ask if she wants to do lunch tomorrow.

3 tbsp of what exactly? Just curious. I use half a cup of oil I make
Tincture made with alcohol. I don't know what I am doing so not sure how strong it is but I will let you know. No lecithin. That was bad tasting to me!

Bacpacker....what are you still doing in the hospital? What are they doing to you?

Took husband to get his biologic asthma shot, had to do the 30 min wait after. Then to the liquor store for a good champagne for tomorrow's 41st anniversary. Stopped in at Dollar Tree. Got home in time for roses delivered. Sweet husband always sends one for each year. The table is full. It was a tradition his dad did for his mom, too.

Latest posts

Back