What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haven't felt good in a couple years. But last couple months my breathing went down hill fairly quickly. Friday night got so bad had to call an, ambulance. O2 was about 75% heart rate 155, bp 150/105. Ill admit I was in full panic mode
wow, that's terrible , hope all goes well , just take good care of yourself

Big storm last night, knocked the power out and generator came on. But alarm clock didn't reset itself because of the ten second delay, so glad I woke up a bit ago. Little granddaughter's first day of school and I needed to wake her up. Was only five minutes later than what she requested so not bad. Bus comes a little after 7 am. Having coffee, then getting chores done right away and we're going out for brunch. Also a fancy dinner later. Anniversary today.

Big storm last night, knocked the power out and generator came on. But alarm clock didn't reset itself because of the ten second delay, so glad I woke up a bit ago. Little granddaughter's first day of school and I needed to wake her up. Was only five minutes later than what she requested so not bad. Bus comes a little after 7 am. Having coffee, then getting chores done right away and we're going out for brunch. Also a fancy dinner later. Anniversary today.
Hope you have a great day, happy anniversary!! Also hope little granddaughter's first day at the new school goes well!!💗

iu

At 5am we had thunder and lightning with maybe 10 drops of rain. This morning the wife and I are going down south to pick up some building materials for the meat chicken coop and blocks for a raised bed.
A couple days ago I saw my first Mormon cricket here. They never get too bad up here, but I have seen places where they completely cover the roads.

She works in a sawmill, that is in about as good of condition as the north american government system, people in the office want more speed than the tired parts will take. and stupid people think they know what they are doing , add complications, instead of listening to the person that knows the system
Yep..pretty much...

Not yet. Still doing tests and consults.
So much information, and so many people/groups we're working with. Hard to keep up.
Before you let them do anything to you (surgery wise) please make sure you or mrs. or someone else if you aren't up to it goes through the list: I've had X Y & Z tests, you are suggesting Q because of what indicators & what will the optimal result be? What are the potential "side effects" or inefficiencies I might encounter? If you state it in a fashion that you just want to be sure you understand everything & not that you are questioning them, it can be reassuring that nothing has been missed and that all groups or individuals are on board. You can question if you were told something else or understood something else.
It can be so exhausting being in there, it would probably be good if someone else was there to hear it all also.
Hugs and prayers my friend.

Yep Hooch, well about midnight so Saturday.

LadyL everyone we've talked to here has encouraged questions and discussion, about what they are planning, or another group. We are super well pleased with care and answers. Changes are coming more from testing than anything else. And that's what they are for.

Just talked to Cardiologist and his NP. We really like them both. Current plan is to start me on meds to try and strengthen my heart so I could stand bypass surgery. Right now none of the drs. are confident in doing it now. Given time to regulate meds and then go home with several follow up visits, then go from there. Maybe home by the weekend for now

Last edited:
Yep Hooch, well about midnight so Saturday.

LadyL everyone we've talked to here has encouraged questions and discussion, about what they are planning, or another group. We are super well pleased with care and answers. Changes are coming more from testing than anything else. And that's what they are for.

Just talked to Cardiologist and his NP. We really like them both. Current plan is to start mebon meds to try and strengthen my heart so I could stand bypass surgery. Right now none of them drs. are confident in doing it now. Given time to regulate meds and then go home with several follow up visits, then go from there. Maybe home by the weekend for now
Sounds like your body is telling you it's time for some changes.
Hopefully, it's a blessing in disguise.
Really keep a eye on those meds..some cause worse issues.
I wish I could help ..
My coworker had a triple b a few years ago..he almost craoked here at the mill. He was out the next night..took about 2 weeks off and now only works day shift, he changed a few bad habits and he looks and feels great .
So stay positive..you caught it in time..

This flu is still nasty, had low grade fever again last night, didn’t sleep well. No fever today but feel as weak as a sick kitten. I have an area rug in front of my door, the dog lays on it in the evening. A gsd that sheds constantly so I vacuum that rug everyday. I haven’t cleaned it since last thursday so I got the vac out. Had to stop halfway through and rest 5min. Then finished but don’t have the strength to put the vac away.

At least I ate salmon patties last night and had some roast today. Neighbors and kin are feeding us, brought over all kinds of food. But now I’m out of silverware, managed to rinse and get everything into a sink of hot water, maybe they’ll clean themselves, I can always hope, :rolleyes: . Now I’m resting again, just me and my cough. Guess I won’t be plant hunting for the foreseeable future. If I got down in a creek I’d never get back out, gravity is funny that way. 🤣

The folks are doing much better but they are 5 days ahead of me in this flu cycle.

Last edited:
Peanut, what are you taking to help you recover from the flu?

Usnea, Yellowroot, Elder bloom, Sida, Poke… all are excellent antivirals. Usnea and Sida also have a strong antibiotic component. This bug settles into the lungs, lots of coughing. Don’t want to developed pneumonia. Although I’m rotating the antivirals I dose with usnea and sida every 6 hrs.

This bug produces severe headaches too so I’m alternating Monarda and Verbena. Both are excellent for the pain but Verbena is better. Also, both have a strong antiviral component.

Crossvine, an adaptogen, for stamina and whole body recovery.

The biggy is Boneset, simply amazing for the flu. Last week I saw an almost immediate change in my dad when he began taking it. Literally within 2hrs I could see he was feeling better. This is the first time I’ve used it, could kick myself for waiting 24hrs before starting. Next time I have a hint of a fever or chills Boneset is the first thing I’m reaching for.

Funny, during the 1918 spanish flu pandemic the poorest people in rural america, especially in the south, were relatively untouched. These are the people who used herbs like boneset for influenza. I remember my grandfather talking about the spanish flu. He said folks around here heard about it but he didn’t know anyone who got real sick, no one died from it.

It’s been used to treat malaria and influenza as far back as the 1700’s by poor people in the south. So it has a long history of documented use. It was in the US pharmacopoeia (list of meds used by doctors) until the 1930's.

Also, in my herb rm I have 5 more antivirals that I haven't used yet. I’ll give them a try next time I have the flu. I've sort of been experimenting on myself. Nothing like first hand experience on what these herbs do with a serious virus.
:)

Last edited:
WOW this page rolls on like Patton after Rommel!!!!

ARGHHHH grandson called and said GDIL will run out of mommy off time, her mom has two new grands and has to keep her brothers the same ages as hers, so we are going to be full time 2yo and 2 month old sitters starting September the 10th!!! I may be too old for it but Oh am I gonna love it

Latest posts

Back