What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bacpacker....what are you still doing in the hospital? What are they doing to you?

Took husband to get his biologic asthma shot, had to do the 30 min wait after. Then to the liquor store for a good champagne for tomorrow's 41st anniversary. Stopped in at Dollar Tree. Got home in time for roses delivered. Sweet husband always sends one for each year. The table is full. It was a tradition his dad did for his mom, too.
Yep. Feelin slightly better, lot better than Friday night. Probably bypass

Yikes. I stayed with my mom probably 15 yrs ago ( or more) for a multiple bypass, and helped her out when she got home. It was rough healing. Make sure you have some help and a good recliner to sleep in. And a pillow for when you need to cough. She had lots of trouble with her leg healing afterwards. But she really didn't do the cardiac rehab afterwards or change her diet much like she should of. But she did quit smoking. It did save her life, and although she just passed this year, she had a good 91 yrs.
Prayers for you, Bacpacker.

Bacpacker....what are you still doing in the hospital? What are they doing to you?

Took husband to get his biologic asthma shot, had to do the 30 min wait after. Then to the liquor store for a good champagne for tomorrow's 41st anniversary. Stopped in at Dollar Tree. Got home in time for roses delivered. Sweet husband always sends one for each year. The table is full. It was a tradition his dad did for his mom, too.
Bacpacker is just hanging around the hospital chatting on HCL with us!!

Yikes. I stayed with my mom probably 15 yrs ago ( or more) for a multiple bypass, and helped her out when she got home. It was rough healing. Make sure you have some help and a good recliner to sleep in. And a pillow for when you need to cough. She had lots of trouble with her leg healing afterwards. But she really didn't do the cardiac rehab afterwards or change her diet much like she should of. But she did quit smoking. It did save her life, and although she just passed this year, she had a good 91 yrs.
Prayers for you, Bacpacker.
Mines probably a triple. Not looking forward to the next several months. Family is already trying to figure out how to help. Nephew is gonna mow tomorrow. Garden is most done except for digging taters and sweet taters. I never felt like planting a late crop.
Work has been turned over to a co worker. He got nailed with a new big project we're fixing to start after finishing the 3 big ones we are trying to finish next month.
Tons of fun I tell you

Mines probably a triple. Not looking forward to the next several months. Family is already trying to figure out how to help. Nephew is gonna mow tomorrow. Garden is most done except for digging taters and sweet taters. I never felt like planting a late crop.
Work has been turned over to a co worker. He got nailed with a new big project we're fixing to start after finishing the 3 big ones we are trying to finish next month.
Tons of fun I tell you

When did this happen? Granted I was pretty sick the last 4 days, must have missed all of it. Prayers!

When did this happen? Granted I was pretty sick the last 4 days, must have missed all of it. Prayers!
Haven't felt good in a couple years. But last couple months my breathing went down hill fairly quickly. Friday night got so bad had to call an ambulance. O2 was about 75% heart rate 155, bp 150/105. Ill admit I was in full panic mode

Haven't felt good in a couple years. But last couple months my breathing went down hill fairly quickly. Friday night got so bad had to call an ambulance. O2 was about 75% heart rate 155, bp 150/105. Ill admit I was in full panic mode
You take care bud!!! If there's anything I can do just call... my books say hawthorne will increase the oxygen supply to the heart muscle by 10%. No idea where you'd get any though. Now might not be the time, afterwards though. :)

Lots of storms last night. Very loud thunder and bright lightening. Glad I didn’t put my Guinea keets from the brooder into the coop yesterday. I’ll probably do that tomorrow. Last night I trapped my porch cat and he was neutered today. Got him home and he ran off into the woods. He has tapeworms and I need to get some meds into him. A pill crushed and mixed into his food. He’ll be back.

Well after 3 nights of getting home after bedtime and lots of visiting we went back to work this morning. Came home and got things watered and decided to take a shower before I sat down. I was in the shower and heard Hubby get up and go outside, then I smelled smoke 😳. They are baling the straw and the bailor caught on fire. It came within feet of our tanks and the trailers. It’s now out 🙏. So now I guess I’ll sit down and try to relax 🥴

Well after 3 nights of getting home after bedtime and lots of visiting we went back to work this morning. Came home and got things watered and decided to take a shower before I sat down. I was in the shower and heard Hubby get up and go outside, then I smelled smoke 😳. They are baling the straw and the bailor caught on fire. It came within feet of our tanks and the trailers. It’s now out 🙏. So now I guess I’ll sit down and try to relax 🥴
Disaster averted

You take care bud!!! If there's anything I can do just call... my books say hawthorne will increase the oxygen supply to the heart muscle by 10%. No idea where you'd get any though. Now might not be the time, afterwards though. :)
Hawthorn grows like weeds out here.its berries are just starting to turn black. .but it's eaiser to get at the herb store.

Toshas tinctures and herbs in council idaho. They ship. It's where I get mine. Hawthorne grows out here like weeds. I wonder how easy it'd be to get some berries to sprout so you could grow your own bush?

Thank you! I will be making a purchase. Hawthorn grows in the south, just not close to me. I looked for a patch for a decade and came up empty. I've had no call or request for it so it's never been a big priority. Yet it's too useful not to keep around.

The only person to ask me about it was Jim because of his heart issues. If he ever got any I didn't hear.

Thank you! I will be making a purchase. Hawthorn grows in the south, just not close to me. I looked for a patch for a decade and came up empty. I've had no call or request for it so it's never been a big priority. Yet it's too useful not to keep around.

The only person to ask me about it was Jim because of his heart issues. If he ever got any I didn't hear.
We have Hawthorne trees! 12 ft tall at maturity, beautiful berries!

Change over to red fir today..
It went pretty smooth. Only had one unit try to go sideways out the door.
The pullbacks on my machine are not working right. They are bars that extend out and under a layer as it is being placed onto the unit. They are supposed to spread out the wood on a layer..making the layer spaced but the boards should land strait.
For whatever reason..just often enough the boards on either side might be out and sideways just enough to catch the door frame.
Half a inch off 2 boards on the very bottom 2 layers caught the door frame and the unit started going sideways. To make it worse I had units smack into the rear of it before I shut it down. So 3 units in total got messed up and shut me down trying to pound wood in on one side untill the forklift driver came and fought with it for awhile.
We got it worked out finally and I was almost caught up , time to go home when a 10 foot 2x6 fell off or out of the sorter rolls, right above my outfeed rolls directly in front of a 12 foot 2x4 unit making it's way out the door. Before I could stop it in time, the 2x6 got ran over , broken and wedged under the front of the unit and wedged unto the frame of the outfeed, but not before one side took out the support cage thing for some wiring, the other side ripped off the photo eye for my jump rolls.
Stuff like this happens alot and it's no wonder why everything is always patched together.
Awhile ago when these contractors were putting in the support poles and wire cage things, I told them putting them by the outfeed rolls was a bad idea...one of the guys got huffy with me, told me, We'll you'll just have to be careful and not be throwing boards down here!...huff huff.. "
I told him, " We don't throw boards down there, the machine does..**** happens like that. We actually throw boards down over there where you put the other support pole directly in the middle of our isle."
He got ever huffier, "Well, your going to have to stop that too"
Me, " No, sometimes we don't have a choice, so you can move it or we'll take bets on how long it lasts. "
So in my area, there were 4 poles supporting the wire cage things..there is 1.5 still standing. The one today that got smacked still has about a inch of support left that it's holding...so..it won't be long before the trimsaw dumps a board on top of it.

Now? Trying to make sense of Hooch’s post.

🤔
She works in a sawmill, that is in about as good of condition as the north american government system, people in the office want more speed than the tired parts will take. and stupid people think they know what they are doing , add complications, instead of listening to the person that knows the system

Tons of fun I tell you
Darn. I hope everything goes smooth.

She works in a sawmill, that is in about as good of condition as the north american government system, people in the office want more speed than the tired parts will take. and stupid people think they know what they are doing , add complications, instead of listening to the person that knows the system
Brings back memories of a box making factory where I worked in factory maintenance. Or I should say corrugated factory - they had their own corrugated producing line and some box making machines.

That’s where I got my first dose of a 440v shock… I knew what I was doing to bypass the screwed-up automation… but once… I wasn’t careful enough.., was hard on my right elbow and shoulder, but recovered fine… no worse for the wear.

iu

Latest posts

Back