What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doing question researchon past already asked questions..
boy I've missed out on alot of fun..
, pondering questions now and looking stuff up..
Thinking thinking..writing..
😃
you mean the correct proceedure is not to wake up late, realize it is friday and wing it:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Feeling better, even got hungry this afternoon for the first time. I ate a whole box of frozen shrimp. 🤣 The pup was sad there were no leftovers. He’s been eating well, he got a big bowl of beef stew last night. The neighbors brought plenty of food but a few bites is all I could eat at any one time, nothing tasted right. Still no energy though, full meals will help that.

Nothing but tv tonight.

Glad it's better, Peanut.
Didn't go anywhere today...worked till nearly noon outside, even wore the pup out as he works alongside (ha). Seeded more snap peas that I had soaked overnight. More squash in ground. Animal chores take longer now that little granddaughter is back in school. This afternoon I got the largest guest room all cleaned, new bedding on the queen bed, and set up the rollaway bed in there and made that, too. Dusted and mopped, did the windows. Sis and two daughters will be in that room next week. Cleaned out under the sink in the kitchen and put down contact paper. Little granddaughter got the portable AC's hooked up in two more guest rooms to be ready for son, and nephew and his wife coming in. Still working on kitchen backsplash, got a little more done on it.

Glad you're feeling better Peanut. Backpacker, glad you don't have to have surgery, hope the meds help. Happy anniversary Amish.
I did go for a motorcycle ride instead of cutting the grass. It felt good. Finally got at the grass, did the front section yesterday, the walking trails and part of the back section today, and hopefully can finish tomorrow. I'm also going to look at a zero turn mower with a 54" deck tomorrow. All this heavy duty mowing is really tough on both my elderly little lawn tractor, and me. Haven't managed to get any further with the greenhouses this week. I really need to take a week or so off work to try to get some stuff done around here.

Been working on the new coop today. I screwed down some plywood on top of the 2×6 deck boards, leveled everything and built the south facing wall. The coop will have 6' wall height, 2' of siding on the outside and 4' of wire mesh. It's about 6' from the brooder building and will have a 16'×16' run. Once I get the framing done I'll lay down linoleum on top of the plywood floor. The granddaughter has been a big help and will make a great little carpenter.

Glad it's better, Peanut.
Didn't go anywhere today...worked till nearly noon outside, even wore the pup out as he works alongside (ha). Seeded more snap peas that I had soaked overnight. More squash in ground. Animal chores take longer now that little granddaughter is back in school. This afternoon I got the largest guest room all cleaned, new bedding on the queen bed, and set up the rollaway bed in there and made that, too. Dusted and mopped, did the windows. Sis and two daughters will be in that room next week. Cleaned out under the sink in the kitchen and put down contact paper. Little granddaughter got the portable AC's hooked up in two more guest rooms to be ready for son, and nephew and his wife coming in. Still working on kitchen backsplash, got a little more done on it.
What growing zone are you in to be planting so late? Or is all that in the greenhouse?
@Peanut yay for eating real food. Get yourself better.
@Heartbroken glad you went for a ride. Sometimes you just gotta do it.

Work day here. Picked up Azure Standard order. Got it all put away. Got a box of large tortillas. We were gifted a 10 lb roll of chorizo so I’m going to make a bunch of beef and bean burritos to have in the freezer for quick food. Been picking tomatoes and gleaning the onion field.

Glad you're feeling better Peanut. Backpacker, glad you don't have to have surgery, hope the meds help. Happy anniversary Amish.
I did go for a motorcycle ride instead of cutting the grass. It felt good. Finally got at the grass, did the front section yesterday, the walking trails and part of the back section today, and hopefully can finish tomorrow. I'm also going to look at a zero turn mower with a 54" deck tomorrow. All this heavy duty mowing is really tough on both my elderly little lawn tractor, and me. Haven't managed to get any further with the greenhouses this week. I really need to take a week or so off work to try to get some stuff done around here.
Motorcycle rides are better than mower rides!!😉

No mowing here either- torrential rain here today after a beautiful day yesterday. Sons birthday, and he'd like one of my pasta dishes for dinner so will be cooking this afternoon. Spent the morning in the workroom making cards for a shop with needle felted pictures. Stab wool, not people.
1723717511135.png

Been working on the new coop today. I screwed down some plywood on top of the 2×6 deck boards, leveled everything and built the south facing wall. The coop will have 6' wall height, 2' of siding on the outside and 4' of wire mesh. It's about 6' from the brooder building and will have a 16'×16' run. Once I get the framing done I'll lay down linoleum on top of the plywood floor. The granddaughter has been a big help and will make a great little carpenter.
Pictures, maybe a thread on how it should be done or was done.

What growing zone are you in to be planting so late? Or is all that in the greenhouse?
@Peanut yay for eating real food. Get yourself better.
@Heartbroken glad you went for a ride. Sometimes you just gotta do it.

Work day here. Picked up Azure Standard order. Got it all put away. Got a box of large tortillas. We were gifted a 10 lb roll of chorizo so I’m going to make a bunch of beef and bean burritos to have in the freezer for quick food. Been picking tomatoes and gleaning the onion field.
We are in 6b. And I probably have till first week of November. I put the snap pea seeds in ground, and a few summer squash in ground that are about 6 in tall that I started in the greenhouse. The other stuff are in big tubs (melons, more squash, lettuce, spinach, peppers, a few tomatoes) that I can move into the greenhouse when it gets too cold.

Surprise day off today!! Was going to not have a day off for a while! The two jobs I had scheduled today both have a stomach bug! They are nextdoor neighbors and spend a lot of time together!! So I'm actually drinking coffee 😮, already done feeding and watering and pampering My Pretty Pony🙄! Doing laundry and some house cleaning here! Also need to give my cousin in NY a call. Taking a nap at some point (maybe two naps)!!

I’m probably doing some planting today too. Last-minute, really. I’m in 5b and really should have had things in two weeks ago. It’s all short-season stuff, though, so fingers crossed. We get some frost in October but we have 40-50° days well into December.

It’s my first time trying fall planting, so I know I’ll have a lot to learn.

I started working on the coop and the wife's raised bed, then it started raining. It never rains here in August! The climate change hippies must be right, our climate is changing. Temperature is in the 50's right now.
No Climate Change BS
Since the planet exist not a day, not a month, not a season,
not a year is the same it always different PERIOD 😊

Just kidding, but this is a fun thread!! Glad you found it!!
Me too..Tiredion actually gave me a heads up on it..I'm glad he did.

I am going to have to submit my Q's tonight because I won't/ dont have time during the am or day time tomorrow.

I can say I'll get up extra early to slap it on but..I'm already struggling to get a few hours sleep as it is.

I wish I had more time to get better questions..I should have prepared sooner but whatever...

Me too..Tiredion actually gave me a heads up on it..I'm glad he did.

I am going to have to submit my Q's tonight because I won't/ dont have time during the am or day time tomorrow.

I can say I'll get up extra early to slap it on but..I'm already struggling to get a few hours sleep as it is.

I wish I had more time to get better questions..I should have prepared sooner but whatever...
Oh don't worry She has her stuff in a pile, this looks like a bluff to me :):popcorn::brewing:

Hey its all good. I had a good list ready to go and lost it. My questions were random and badddddd
not that your questions were bad , but the wing it thing

Latest posts

Back