What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Slept in this morning and in afternoon friend wanted to come over to help with some yardwork. He cut down some weeds I couldn't get, was trying to get the little tree but I can't find the battery for my chainsaw and my mini chainsaw is dead. It has 2 batteries and neither work. Could potentially be the batteries, but I don't know. I've now got a Ryobi mini chainsaw in my cart. Also have my eye on a snipper tool because my weak hands have trouble with snipping.
View attachment 160577
But can anyone tell me what this thing does? (its called a cultivator)
View attachment 160579
Does it chop up soil?

Anyway, friend was working on weeds when my brother found a chicken snake stuck in some mesh on an old torn up mattress in the car port. Friend decided to rescue the poor thing. At first it tried to bite but it was weak. He used a bottle of Powerade to distract it. After awhile it stopped trying to bite and barely moved. It took ages for him to carefully cut the mesh off-- some of it had actually cut in to the poor thing. I poured a little bit of water on it to cool it off and let it hydrate a little. Friend finally got it loose and when he set it down it rolled on its back to play dead. He poured out some more water for it to drink and then rolled it back upright. It was too afraid to move so we left it alone. Friend took another try with the small tree but it wasn't cutting and my tools weren't working. He did chop down more stuff with my hedge trimmer and he likes it. He checked on snake after and it wasn't there so it must have slithered off.

Went to TSC to grab some tools and sweet feed. Because I was getting dizzy my friend insisted on lifting the sweet feed for me. Went to O'Reilly's to grab him some more work gloves and a cabin air filter for my truck. He changed the filter out for me in the parking lot-- old one was full of leaves and dirt.

Went to Walmart after-- friend needed diapers for the 4-yr-old and wet wipes. I got some stuff on Mom's list but forgot to pick up her RX. Almost passed out bending down to pick up something at the deli. Went to a local IGA store after to get potatoes for Mom. Friend got some stuff to cook for dinner. Then we both went home. Friend said he almost passed out in the shower.

Mom was pissy when I got back and was being melodramatic about stuff but I calmed her down with food. She had some Chinese leftovers followed by steak. I made her happy by cutting the steak up into itty bitty pieces for her.

Rupert decided to climb up on my shoulder and cling to me for over half an hour. Mom couldn't finish her steak so I finished it off and shared a little with Fippy. I chewed up some pieces for Rupert (he has no teeth). Mom had the rest of the Samsclub apple pie for dessert.

I'm probably going to nap soon.

About This Product​

Complete tough yard tasks with this One+ 18V Cordless Compact Battery Cultivator with 2.0 Ah Battery and Charger. It features a three-speed dial which allows you to select between 176 RPM, 204 RPM and 233 RPM. Use the attached front handle to get a better grip and better control over the tool. Safety comes with a guard that protects you from flying debris. The removable metal tines make or easy cleaning. It is backed by a three-year warranty. It includes a Ryobi 18V 2.0 mAh lithium-ion battery and 18V charger The Ryobi 18V One+ Cordless Compact Cultivator is compatible with all Ryobi 18V One+ batteries. Only 150$...!!! ;)

Went to bed early after the exhausting day, and just got woke up by some loud screeching outside. Never heard anything like it. It was not a goat, not a cayote either and it didn't really sound like any bird I have heard before either.
It sounded like a really big bird being killed or something

Livestock dog is barking outside too, Otto was sleeping but just started barking too

Jakes instructor sent me a few photos of his first night flight.

IMG_9725.jpeg
IMG_9731.jpeg
IMG_9727.jpeg
IMG_9726.jpeg
IMG_9732.jpeg

Hopefully, handyman will come over soon and fix water leak. We have had it off all weekend.
Already walked.
If I have water, I will do laundry.
Making French bread pizzas for dinner.
Will set up DH's pills for the month.
Water roses tonight.
'Watering is vital for roses to thrive,' says plant expert, Katie Sunderlage. 'The best time of day to water your roses is in the morning. Doing so in the early hours will ensure there is enough time for your plant to absorb moisture from the soil to get through long and hot summer days.'

'Newly planted roses need to be watered more than established roses, particularly if they are planted in late spring or early summer,' Katie says.

'I would recommend watering newly planted roses every 2 to 3 days depending on the weather,' Katie adds. 'Once roses are established, they can be watered once or twice a week, as necessary depending on the temperature.'

'It is best to water around the base of the plant, not on the foliage, which will help to prevent fungal disease and other rose pests,'

Keep the Aphids Away and Dry...!!!

'Watering is vital for roses to thrive,' says plant expert, Katie Sunderlage. 'The best time of day to water your roses is in the morning. Doing so in the early hours will ensure there is enough time for your plant to absorb moisture from the soil to get through long and hot summer days.'

'Newly planted roses need to be watered more than established roses, particularly if they are planted in late spring or early summer,' Katie says.

'I would recommend watering newly planted roses every 2 to 3 days depending on the weather,' Katie adds. 'Once roses are established, they can be watered once or twice a week, as necessary depending on the temperature.'

'It is best to water around the base of the plant, not on the foliage, which will help to prevent fungal disease and other rose pests,'

Keep the Aphids Away and Dry...!!!
They would have to wait until tomorrow morning. Hopefully will have water then.

Shucked a mess of corn and cut it of the cob.
Have you ever made corn cob jelly?

Good morning, everybody! Today is laundry day for me, gotta run a couple errands and then drive 3 hours back to Nebraska tonight. Tomorrow starts a 6 day work week for me. I'm supposed to work 7 days but I have next Monday off for Labor Day. It'll be nice to have 8 days off that week. Hope all is well for everybody here! Have a good one!

I should have stayed up later, I was up before the 🌞..forced myself back into weird dreamland and finally said screw it..I'm up.
Got dog food done, laundry, dishes, breakfast..going to go walk the pups for a short one.
It's so beautiful outside! Supposed to be 81 today..

Oh..the Shawn Ryan show scored a interview with Trump comming out today. Should be interesting..Shawn puts out some good interviews..I believe he is on rumble as well as youtube.

So yesterday I built the door for the new coop. It came out looking good, until I went to hang it and realized that I put the hinges on upside down. It was getting late so I put it off until this morning.
I did something along those lines Saturday. I was putting a new tube in the rear tire of GF's bike. Went through all the steps, got the new tube in, put it back on the bike and Sunday morning it was flat. WTHeck? Went and dug the "old" tube out of the trash...I accidentally put the leaky tube back in the tire and threw the new one away. Guess I just grabbed the wrong tube after I checked the inside of the tire for sharp objects. I felt like a total idiot, but GF thought it was hilarious...

About This Product​

Complete tough yard tasks with this One+ 18V Cordless Compact Battery Cultivator with 2.0 Ah Battery and Charger. It features a three-speed dial which allows you to select between 176 RPM, 204 RPM and 233 RPM. Use the attached front handle to get a better grip and better control over the tool. Safety comes with a guard that protects you from flying debris. The removable metal tines make or easy cleaning. It is backed by a three-year warranty. It includes a Ryobi 18V 2.0 mAh lithium-ion battery and 18V charger The Ryobi 18V One+ Cordless Compact Cultivator is compatible with all Ryobi 18V One+ batteries. Only 150$...!!! ;)
I should have read it. Friend said it basically tills soil or something. I'm still feeling cruddy and lightheaded. Trying to take it easy today but hoping I can get some cleaning done if my head will cooperate.

I should have stayed up later, I was up before the 🌞..forced myself back into weird dreamland and finally said screw it..I'm up.
Got dog food done, laundry, dishes, breakfast..going to go walk the pups for a short one.
It's so beautiful outside! Supposed to be 81 today..

Oh..the Shawn Ryan show scored a interview with Trump comming out today. Should be interesting..Shawn puts out some good interviews..I believe he is on rumble as well as youtube.

Empty house. Took the daughter and my sis to the airport and got back. Am recuperating, and will need to get to all the sheet washing and towel washing and the bedrooms put back together. Also a spare bed in the upstairs family room. We had a houseful! But a really good time.

Got up, worked out, did some chores, paid some bills, talked to a guy who my FFL referred me to that wants to buy some of my stuff, dug up a couple caches, started working on dinner and now I am just sitting on the futon spending time with Limonjalo and clacking the keyboard of my laptop.

The aforementioned potential buyer, or should I say barterer, has a couple big older gun safes that he may be willing to trade for an equivalent value of survival goods like food, ammo, etc. He is going to take some pics and I am going to put together a list of stuff I am willing to part with.

Latest posts

Back