What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The wife just told me that we're out of bacon. I guess I'll be stopping at the store today. While I'm out getting an emergency supply of bacon I'll go up to the lumber supply store and pick up the roofing shingles for the new coop. While in town I'll order a roll of wire screen for the coop windows, can't find any within in a 150 mile radius of here.
Guess I'll open a can of Spam for breakfast.

No, I have so much fruit that we make into jams and jellies, I haven’t had the desire to make any.
I make jelly and this last time I made syrup, flavoring it with maple flavoring. The jelly tastes like sweet corn or maybe apple kind of. Sometime when you have time and corn-LOL those two don't go together!

Already walked and walked dogs.
Did second load of laundry.
Set up DH's pills for the month.
Took some stuff out to shed.
Completed Caregiver workshop (6 lessons- 1 per week).
Will move an old couch out to road to be picked up. Friend will come help around 1 pm.
Will make Pizza bread again--that was so good yesterday! Helps to have worked at a pizza place for about 10 years.

The wife just told me that we're out of bacon. I guess I'll be stopping at the store today. While I'm out getting an emergency supply of bacon I'll go up to the lumber supply store and pick up the roofing shingles for the new coop. While in town I'll order a roll of wire screen for the coop windows, can't find any within in a 150 mile radius of here.
Guess I'll open a can of Spam for breakfast.
1724783143200.png

Got up, worked out, went for a hike, put together a trade pile, sent a few emails, did some chores, drove to the gun store to peruse guns and pick up some consignment cash, talked to the lady, watched the property people drive a brand new extra large SUV up and down the road like 10 times and decided not to scare them off today. I thought maybe they were hauling some investors or buyers around, which could only push them to raise their current offer. Show me the money!

Exercised, did some errands and chatted with a young lady in Walmart. She told me she was on crutches from being in the National Guard. She didn't realize there is a very good chance she qualifies for a disability. I gave her the phone number of the County Veterans' office. I told her the lady who works there is very qualified and enthusiastic about helping Veterans. I sure hope that helps her out!

Neighbor came over for some eggs she needed before I left for the bigger town, so caught up with her. Got my MRI and brought the choc cream pie from the amish place, and the four older ladies that run MRI gave me hugs, they were so excited. Ha. They ate half today and said the other half would be breakfast in the morning. They were a hoot. Last load of bedsheets hanging to dry and third load of towels done. Maybe tomorrow I'll get to remaking all the beds again.

the compost pile is moved to the various garden areas , but the manure pile is not half done yet. So one more day of it
My heel hurts a lot today, I think I need to just not walk around for a day, or at least not so much. Maybe I will drive the bobcat tomorrow and let the guys do the animal care and son can cook

It got hot again here too, probably close to 90 today , but it cools off overnight, so it's really only hot in late afternoon till the sun goes down. We need some more rain, pasture is really starting to look bad again

Hit 94 today, then a storm blew through and dropped it to around 75. Still too muggy. Lost a few tree branches, but I'm lucky, there's a lot of power outages all around me, including my Mom's place. Just makes me more determined to get that generator hooked up! I'm going to rent a trencher and run the gas line myself, and just have a plumber do the connections at either end. Got tired of waiting for the one guy so moved on to a different plumber who was helpful about ordering parts.
Speaking of which, I ordered the L-shaped connectors from home depot, that are used to bring the gas line above grade at either end of the line so it can be connected. Home Depot shipped them in a box that was too small, so portions of them are sticking out of the top, and the bottom of the box is still open, with tape wound round the other ends of the Ls and the flaps of the box. Unacceptable. I had to do fieldwork this afternoon so I haven't had time to dig through all the tape to see if anything is broken or not. HD has really gone downhill fast this last year or so.

Had to make a run to the steel company this afternoon. They refuse to get materials pulled before arriving so sat and read forum while they were pulling and loading. Otherwise keeping up. This is fair week. Tomorrow night is the concert, Thursday night is demo derby then 3 days of rodeo. Will see how much we make it to. We’ve seen Martina McBride before- gal can sing.

DW called saying she will be late getting home she has a low tire.
Tire place found both back tires are may-pops, so we had them replace them.
Then went to dinner.

Had a Dr visit this morning. Seems like we spent all day there. This Dr is a Heart Failure specilist. She went thru all my meds and talked about what each is for. Lots of questions went both ways. It was a very good visit. She adjusted one of them and ordered blood work. Got a visit scheduled in 2 weeks and another in a month. They are tracking how well the meds are working.

Had a Dr visit this morning. Seems like we spent all day there. This Dr is a Heart Failure specilist. She went thru all my meds and talked about what each is for. Lots of questions went both ways. It was a very good visit. She adjusted one of them and ordered blood work. Got a visit scheduled in 2 weeks and another in a month. They are tracking how well the meds are working.
I hope all goes well.

It's ridiculous. Remember when it used to be free as a matter of public record?
YES...i remember it use to be free....how far did that go back...it wasnt that long ago...or it use to a minimal amount at most.

did yall know an obituary in regional newspaper cost $600...!!
I have wondered what has been going on with obituaries. I have lost several people in the last year, and only one had an obituary that I could find. Everything about dying is expensive. Someone told me that her neighbor had prepaid for everything--casket, plot, headstone, and yet, the funeral was $10,000. I told daughter to please cremate me and put my ashes by my mothers grave.

Latest posts

Back