What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Came home from town yesterday and our front door was wide open. I guess one of the kids didn't make sure it was latched and the wind blew it open. We had thunder and lightning and a few drops of rain, and high wind. At least it cleared out the smoke. Yesterday's high was 61 degs, this morning is cold.
Today I'll work on the chicken coop. I'll lay down the tar paper and the drip edges. Next week I'll go pick up the shingles. I can't find the wire screen (1/2×1"×48" mesh) anywhere local so I'll have to order it online.
Today's highs are supposed to be in the 60's and lows in the 30's.

Friend told me his ex's boyfriend got into a physical fight with security at the hospital-- not clear why, but it doesn't look good for him. Even if the ex is the one who caused the injuries to the baby, the boyfriend getting violent with security might make it easier to pin it on him. It's possible it was him who abused the baby. Also possible that one of the crackheads the gf cheated on him with hurt the baby. She'll never admit to hurting the baby if it was her. She's lied in the past about my friend and the boyfriend being violent with her when she was the one being violent.

He got his new shower doors installed and I did some cleaning this morning. Called AC people again and left another message. Bonked myself in the head with the handle for the dustpan while emptying it into the trash.

Going to sleep a bit more and then see about cutting some shrubs/weeds back with my new hedge trimmer.

I'll have to catch up later..

Finished another work week. Got a bunch of chicken food last night and went on turd patrol in the yard before it sprinkled. Hard crusty dehydrated turds are eaiser to pooper scoop than mushy ones.

Crashed n slept good last night..

Off to town to get vehicle serviced and walk the pups..

It's a cool beautiful day here in what is normally a hot time in August...but I'll take the cool 60's. 😎

Already walked.
Walked dogs.
Picked up trash in Church parking lot.
Got sweet potatoes dehydrating in the oven for pups.

And...turned off water to house as we have a leak underneath. Fellow won't be here til Monday and I don't want a huge bill.

That was all on my list, but you know how that goes.

Jake and I got up early and completely cleaned out the freezer all we left was a little deer meat. We had to get ready for a half of beef we picked up today and a pig we are picking up next weekend. Alex made a big batch of marijuna pain relief ointment.

IMG_4848.png
IMG_4847.jpeg

Last time I got Omaha steaks they were terrible. I hope the ones you got are good.

just went out and used my hedge trimmer to seriously cut back some shrubs, saplings, and weeds. It's not so great on tall grass. Giving my arms and wrists a break bc they are still shaking from the vibrations. LOL.

High temp today was 61 degs. It's 3.30 and it's cooling off already. We're getting some light rain showers now. Wouldn't be surprised if it turned to snow. I'll probably go in soon and turn the furnace on.
We just sold one of our spare freezers. Didn't really need 3 freezers. Sold it for $100.
I'm trying to order Starlink right now, my connection on my cell phone is so slow that it's taking awhile.

I just "Duct Taped" the Rear Guard on Me 22" Murray Lawn Mower...!!! Cut the Front Yards Thursday and Backyard Yesturday... So today was Preventative Maint of Cleaning of said Mower... Don't know how long the Duct Tape will keep it together Horizontally...?!? It split across from Left to Right, must have been made by a DNC manufacture employee... Think me will Enjoy One 🍺

Drinking O’DOUL’S and trying to like it. Did some research for popular non-alcoholic beer looking for something better. Found out O’DOUL’S is an Anheuser Busch product. Guess I should have read the label before purchase… it tastes even worse now.

Made a list of priorities for house and home, focusing on cleaning and organizing. Woohoo! lol

Drinking O’DOUL’S and trying to like it. Did some research for popular non-alcoholic beer looking for something better. Found out O’DOUL’S is an Anheuser Busch product. Guess I should have read the label before purchase… it tastes even worse now.

Made a list of priorities for house and home, focusing on cleaning and organizing. Woohoo! lol
Keep going- every day you succeed at defeating it is one more day’s strength you have on your side.

Hubby has been working 7 days a week for a few weeks now. I was going to take him fishing, but he did something to his knee this past week so wasn’t sure about walking in water on slick rocks even with corkers and a staff. So we ended up going for a hike. Mountains are dry. Mountain ash are loaded with berries this year- usually means a deep winter. I found some heal-all 😊 so am thrilled. Took some other plants pix I still need to identify. A few elderberries are ripe but most are not quite there yet. Sept is usually the best month for them. Oh and it was 20 degrees cooler up there (54 I think).
A great day.

Sounds like quite a few of us did yard work today. LOL. I overheated and am still lightheaded from it.
Mountaintrapper, I hope you can get Starlink ordered. It can take awhile to arrive. Let me know if you have any questions about setup.
Ladylocust, please give your husband hugs from me. Hope his knee heals up fast.

Went to Walmart with my brother because we got a frozen lasagne to microwave and found it was in foil, needed a glass container to cook it in that was microwave safe so we found one. Got out some peppermint oil and sprayed it in pantry and some cabinets to kill/repel roaches. Really need to bug bomb the place after we clean it up.

I'm about ready to drop for the night..

had a very busy day yesterday, sold out at the market, the apple pies went first , left a little early and got hay . Picked up 100 bales out of the field from the neighbor down the road. Son and me loaded, husband drove since his knee is not ok enough to do that. He did help unload it. Now we still have to pull it up to the top of the barn. Don't have a hay elevator.
Water was dirty again when we got home but not as much as before. They must have messed with it, but we had no time to hike up to the spring and check
Oh and the @#@#$#$&!! Ranger now is not starting....might just be the battery it is getting charged now.
Will do some laundry today, in case the water gets shut off again tomorrow. Should be save today, they are all in church this morning most likely

We had such hot weather yesterday for the town's festival, everyone is pretty wiped out. Son left on the middle of the night train, so we'll have to go retrieve the extra truck at the train station at some point today. Nephew and his family will leave today, and they'll be taking a few turkeys I hatched and a box of turkey eggs to incubate. So that'll leave daughter and sis her for another day.

Today wll be the laziest of days. Meeting a friend at the Cigar Bar where we will both put our rear ends recliners. Probably watch the Golf tournament; enjoy a few good cigars, and solve all the problems of the world.

Got up, enjoyed some early morning snuggling, and watched as a naked woman's backside wiggled its way to the ensuite for a shower. Good thing I tossed my laptop into my overnight bag. Not sure what the rest of my morning has in store, but eventually I will return to the land of a guns, preps and a little lime tree.

Last time I got Omaha steaks they were terrible. I hope the ones you got are good.
Cousin who raises beef in South Dakota had an uncle who butchered and was good at it. His uncle died and then he had to find someone else to butcher for him. He said the burger from the new guy was terrible. You never know what you are getting back if you don't know the butcher. Is it even the steer that you took in? Or is it someone else's old cow? You know the butcher probably always eats the best of the best.

had a very busy day yesterday, sold out at the market, the apple pies went first , left a little early and got hay . Picked up 100 bales out of the field from the neighbor down the road. Son and me loaded, husband drove since his knee is not ok enough to do that. He did help unload it. Now we still have to pull it up to the top of the barn. Don't have a hay elevator.
Water was dirty again when we got home but not as much as before. They must have messed with it, but we had no time to hike up to the spring and check
Oh and the @#@#$#$&!! Ranger now is not starting....might just be the battery it is getting charged now.
Will do some laundry today, in case the water gets shut off again tomorrow. Should be save today, they are all in church this morning most likely
WoW, what a day!
I never made a apple pie, did make a pumpkin pie, but the wife is a better pie maker.I spent many a day in the hay field, baling & stacking hay.
I now have a bad knee.

Latest posts

Back