What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don’t know what A1C is. Is that a diabetic term?

The A1c is a 3 month average Blood Glucose Rating.

When I was first diagnosed in 2013, My A1c was 13.3 (average Blood Glucose of over 315!)

Within 6 months, I was down to 9.5.

Now I hover between 6.5 and 7.0

A1c Conversion Chart.png

When I was first diagnosed in 2013, My A1c was 13.3 (average Blood Glucose of over 315!)

View attachment 51290
First thank you- I actually like to know things like that. And second- 13.3 !!! 😲. Glad you caught it and now have control of it.

View attachment 51290
Ah, the A1c...I'm waiting to get mine from my provider. When I was young, dumb, and uneducated my A1c was always somewhere in the high 7s. When I got serious around 2002, I was able to get it down to 5.5 at the lowest. My Endo told me I had to back off a little because I was going to kill myself with low blood sugar events. For the last few years I've been running high 6s or maybe a low 7 if I get sloppy...

Watched "The Abyss" with my daughter tonight. I've been trying to introduce her to all the great movies from my teenage years. I bought the 3 hour extended cut version of The Abyss at a garage sale for a buck, just so I could watch it with her. It's one of my favorites and she liked it too. She said the aliens were cute...:rolleyes: :LOL:

Watched "The Abyss" with my daughter tonight. I've been trying to introduce her to all the great movies from my teenage years. I bought the 3 hour extended cut version of The Abyss at a garage sale for a buck, just so I could watch it with her. It's one of my favorites and she liked it too. She said the aliens were cute...:rolleyes: :LOL:
Wasn't Jackyln Bisset in that movie?

Poor @Amish Heart I think that grosses me out too.
They really should change the name. Didn't anyone tell them?
I don't know what I'm doing today. Enjoying not having to do anything at all, even though there is a lot that needs to be done and taken care of.
Actually slept longer than 4-6 hours! I could get used to that. It's been a long time.
Daughters ex boyfriend ordered a box of Soylent, offered me one. I should have just said, "No, thank you," or even, "Thank you." Nope, I proceeded to tell him I avoid soy and asked if he had heard of soy boys. I don't think he drank another one of them. If I hadn't said anything, he probably would have drank all of them and never known the difference.

Nothing got done today but thats ok I needed a rest after yesterday.
I got stuck on trying to see how to take my photos off photobucket before they close me out of them again. I was trying to see how to transfer them to FB so I can take picture of picture but that won't work either. I'd hate to lose all those pictures since photobucket is the only copy we have. Don't want a contract or payment agreement after the way they did millions of people before but will have to figure out something.
An exterior hard drive would probably be a good place to store them. I see photobucket photos in various places where something has gone wrong or away, or something, and all you can see now is their logo.

I feel for you bacpacker, a lot of the companies I work with are taking a "don't spend a dime" position until they see some positive shifts in orders..... it is playing heck with my work schedules.... It's hard to meet deadlines when everything is backordered 5 weeks.....

The garden is about done, I keep getting some tomatoes, onions, peppers, carrots, turnips, beets and salad stuff, but it is all small quanity stuff. I should just pull up everything and clean off the beds, but I don't have the heart. I have painted the frames for the tops to 2 raised beds, may get them installed this weekend.

Yesterday, instead of lunch I roasted peppers, last night we blanched and pealed a bussel of tomatoes, and I cleaned the kitchen counters and stove. This morning I cleaned all the pots-n-pans and currently have two flats of canning jars in the dishwasher.

I hope to get 2 window motors installed in my son's car, he is currently driving my good one and I would like to have it back before he has another accident with it.... :(

Tomorrow is a range day, so I need to clean up my small bore stuff, set out a few boxes of ammo, and a small stack of paper targets. :)

Last night the wife said, "I'm afraid that you (me) might oversleep and there are things that can't be done without your help".... It's 05:30, I don't think I need to worry about oversleeping.... ;)

Walked first, yesterday--then out in garden putting down 2 bales of hay. It's pretty dry here and I hope that will help hold water a little.
Today--haven't walked yet, but printed data from godaddy bookkeeping for accountant. Want her to see the difference now that eBay has changed format to managed payments. The printing went quite fast so I may weed some today. Not sure what else to do.
Wish my oven worked so I could do apples, squash and jalapeno poppers. Have to wait until Tuesday I guess for that.
Have a good weekend!

Went to give more blood for labs yesterday,

Came home , cleaned a few guns.

Loaded wood box , brought some in house.

Got the caddy out of storage ,drove the wife to our Friday night out to eat. First Friday out for her in a long time.

Drove around a while, the caddy air ride was smooth enough for her back. Now she wants to use it all the time.😬

It's in storage.

Today...no plans at all.

We both have doctor or imaging appts everyday next week. uuuuggghhh.

Jim

An exterior hard drive would probably be a good place to store them. I see photobucket photos in various places where something has gone wrong or away, or something, and all you can see now is their logo.

That happenwd to most of my pictures I put up before only their logo was seen.
Not sure why they let me in to copy some yesterday. They have payment plans now fron 5.99 on up. But looks like also the free membership is back at leasst for now.

That happenwd to most of my pictures I put up before only their logo was seen.
Not sure why they let me in to copy some yesterday. They have payment plans now fron 5.99 on up. But looks like also the free membership is back at leasst for now.

I deleted my account a few days ago. Shutterfly works as well and I order photos right from the site easily as well as my calendar.

That happened to most of my pictures I put up before only their logo was seen.
Not sure why they let me in to copy some yesterday. They have payment plans now fron 5.99 on up. But looks like also the free membership is back at least for now.
I would think that anywhere that we can store photos online can go away at some point in time. I have some on the Walgreens site. I can order and pick up in an hour. I can also share the site with others.

Been busy for the last few days.
Cooking, cleaning,grand daughter, Strawberry.
Strawberry is laying beside me snoring.
She's been walked several times today.
Finished oldest grand daughter's crocheted blanket yesterday.
She tried to put on Baby Reign's hat.
It's too small, so sitting here working on her hat now.
Then the mittens, scarf.
Been sorting out colors for Baby Reign's Christmas blanket.
Sitting here sipping on second pot of coffee.
Forgot to charge laptop for several days.
It's finally charged.
Got chili going in the crock pot for supper.
Making small meatloaf for supper tomorrow night.
Sent Jim picture of grand daughter's crocheted blanket.
Resting today, grand daughter wears me out some times.
Takes several days to regroup.

We will be burning a lot of brush today that we’ve been saving all summer. Its been raining steady for a few days and we have zero wind. Being that I am 100 miles from the from the furthest edge of any fire department response range, I am on my own for fires so I have to be careful. We will get our cowboy grill going and we will be nibbling on Alaskan scallop, shrimp, clams, etc all day long. We needed to pull them from the freezer to make room for moose meat. It’s should be a relatively easy day of work with some nice eats!

I got the in house freezer cleaned out and organized. Now I don't have to dig in it for my bulk spices I keep in there to refill the pantry jars. I threw out very little of what was in there. I thought there would be more gross old nasty foods in there but not really. I wanted to organize it since I am refilling spice jars and planning to make some of my own blends. It is easier to pull out and use my own chili spice blend than pulling out all the individual jars to find I am out of something in the middle of cooking.

I also took out all the blue ice blocks. They clutter that small fridge and get in the way of finding things. I should put them in the big freezer once that is cleaned and organized. That is a chore for tomorrow.

Fall weather is almost on us so it is time to pull out my seasonal wardrobe footlocker and my vintage luggage I store hats and gloves in. I need to thin my closet down because if it doesn't fit in those storage options then I have too much. I only do this 2 times a year but the last great purge was before we moved last fall.

I spent yesterday measuring and cyphering how to run the new trunk line for the hot air return. When I told The Princess that option A means she would loose a bookcase she gave me a look that made it clear that I have to go with option B and run the trunk through the dead space. It will be more work, and take longer but what is time when you are retired?

Today The Princess...

20201003_135151.jpg

My brother...

20201003_135415.jpg

And myself had a gravel party and put 2 tons of gravel in the trenches I dug last week.

20201003_154707.jpg

I will have to adjust the high and low spots but it looks good.

Since this is a Homesteading and Country living forum, I took this photo of the horse farm out the backyard to show I am allowed to join in all of the fun Y'all have shared with me.

20201003_155222.jpg

They are a nice couple that have let me dump dirt in the woods. I can not say the same about their "guard rooster". He is obnoxious.

Ben

We have a working snow plow now. Plow hasn't worked for a couple of years and everything hubby tried didn't work.
Finally threw money at it and the truck. It took months but once the cylinders got here this week and he put them on it now works. It would only plow one way. It was stuck. But now its fixed.
We have that and the bobcat and the snow blower. We'll be able to get to the road no matter what amount of snow we get lol

I've been fighting nausea and light headedness all day. Nothing worked to fix it. I slept a lot. All my vitals were ok. Just don't know what the problem is. Have to see what tomorrow brings.
Needless to say I didn't get anything done today

Take care all

Thanks not fun, WV Dragonlady, and I hope you feel better soon.
A medical guy came in from KS City to deliver a new breathing gadget to husband today. Another machine. All the calves were brought back to my cousin's farm today, including the fence jumper. They've done a great job keeping the land cleared all summer. I'm sure we'll see some new ones in the spring. Found my mom's old cheesecake recipe she used to make about 45 yrs ago. About the only think I remember her cooking, really. So I made one. We'll be picking her up tomorrow to bring her over for lunch, so it'll be a surprise. Hopefully it tastes like what she remembers. Bought two bushels of apples at the Menno discount store today, red delicious and johnathan. Have the dehydrator full. Froze some for smoothies. I'll probably be filling up the dehydrator about 7 or 8 times. Don't really want to can any, will save my canning supplies for canning meat when it's time for chicken, pork, and beef to be done.

Meer and WV D. Hope you two get to feeling better.
BP sounds like a perfect day.
Ben - a gravel party 🎈 now why didn’t I think of that? We called it work 🤔
Grimm - that’s on my list for tomorrow- cleaning the freezers. I know there’s some 3 year old liver that won’t be sticking around. The dog will be happy. Otherwise I don’t think it will be too scary.
A good part of today seemed wasted. I intended on taking all the cans in which I did only to find that where I took them changed it so you pay for their bags then get a store credit when you turn them in. I don’t shop there so no go. I went and helped hubby measure up a job and we were going to catch a quick bite to eat. It’s a little pit town with a greasy spoon. They said they were backed up almost an hour because the bar was full so we left. There happened to be a new place that was a little snazzier so we stopped. It was delicious! They are only open 3 days a week and have wine pairings- we didn’t drink as had to get back to work but glad to know of it. Got home and picked. Hubby wanted to make salsa tonight. I told him I'm not up to this much tonight so we’ll do it first thing in the morning. I can get jars and lids etc all ready tonight.
AE8DCF3A-6FF4-4000-AC2E-A51E4D3845E4.jpeg
45C9A6BB-8FA3-487C-AE80-EEF6E2125A89.jpeg

At least they’re slowing down 🥴

Latest posts

Back