What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wow I got so involved in the action here I forgot to post, was also late with the shop Tigers breakfast, and got a bit of a selection of dirty looks for that.

Couldn't find a Lyft so I rode my unlicensed scooter to my car, drove the car back to the compound, drove my pickup back to the scooter and loaded it up in the back and returned once again. That was a lot of work to avoid a DUI but I imagine the entire Sheriff's Office hates me right about now. I might need to buy one of the breath machines to keep in my glove box or trade in my car. I hear Camaro's are nice.

Yeah I was on the stop on sight list for years, but I just quit stopping after about the third time, built the car to be out of sight in about a minute topped out on straight road and they gave up.

I was the ghost rider. Got called by another name and immortalized by an old friend, but undercover.

I loved life on the 100+ side, and still do sometimes.

These days I just think of how many times I could have ended someone elses life and that keeps me around 85 tops most times with a short topped out run when I can be the only one involved.

Couldn't find a Lyft so I rode my unlicensed scooter to my car, drove the car back to the compound, drove my pickup back to the scooter and loaded it up in the back and returned once again. That was a lot of work to avoid a DUI but I imagine the entire Sheriff's Office hates me right about now. I might need to buy one of the breath machines to keep in my glove box or trade in my car. I hear Camaro's are nice.

I once lived in a weird little town in tn, went to maggie’s bar often. Two of Maggie's nephews were the evening and midnight shift commanders for the local pd. If anyone got pulled over after a night at maggie’s they just had to say so. The cops would call the bar to see if anyone sober could come and give them a lift home. Better hope you had friends at the bar, if not you went to jail. 🤣

All 3 bars in town had police scanners. People drinking would wait for an event that required the police, then go home while the cops were busy. It was a strange little town with it’s own rules.

Funny story, one night the scanners went off at the bar, a police chase. They gave a description of the car involved. Suddenly some guy at the bar says “damnit, I told that little * next time he took his mom’s car I’d kick his butt!” He then called the cops and told them who they were chasing, his nephew! 🤣

-----------------------

No plans but dinner then tv...

Last edited:
sure that is a really good plan, you can put it in my name and if you get into trouble, i have people who will bring it back across the border for me.

I just ate some blood pudding with some ketchup
was so hungry

in between did prepare and cook Dane girl homemade peanut butter biscuits

Did 3 laundry loads -- cats and dog blankets and pillow cases
Dane Girl homemade peanut butter ready
She already had 2 biscuits 😊

1721606688963.jpeg

I think I have an even better solution to the vehicle problem, buy buy the nicest GMC Canyon AT4x , that will be the more in conspicuous choice, and of course the afore mention titling, cause who would suspect a out of county plate

Got the car and the bronco both washed, vacuumed and wiped down with plastic treatment so they are all nice and clean for a minute. Made steak and blue cheese salads for noon dinner. A couple loads of laundry and pulled a bunch of weeds. I think tomorrow is supposed to be our last triple digit day- yay! It’s been a 3 week stretch.

Got the car and the bronco both washed, vacuumed and wiped down with plastic treatment so they are all nice and clean for a minute. Made steak and blue cheese salads for noon dinner. A couple loads of laundry and pulled a bunch of weeds. I think tomorrow is supposed to be our last triple digit day- yay! It’s been a 3 week stretch.
Cool, there is a Row of Gmc s requiring that treatment, but I will let you start with the Peterbilt, and if you do a really good job I can find other stuff

Installed a new dishwasher. Based on what it took to get the old one out a few days ago, my son and I estimated "Easy-Peasy! It'll take about 30 minutes." So we pre-allotted 1-1/2 hours to the task. It actually took 3. :confused: But dinner out at the restaurant was especially good after that ... we were pretty hungry!

A dishwasher is about the easiest appliance you could ever install. And they're light as a feather, so trivial to move around. But yet, here we are after three hours (finally with a working dishwasher). To be honest, a lot of our time was not technically dishwasher work. Whoever built this house must have been an idiot, because the installed an A/C-heater vent right in front of the dishwasher cutout in the cabinetry. Like 3mm away from the front of the dishwasher. Who puts a vent there?! And the metal duct work was all crushed to heck so once we pulled out the vent cover (necessary to go the new dishwasher inserted), The vent cover was NOT going back into place. Luckily I had my oscillating tool with me because we had to cut and reshape the top of the duct, hammer it into a reasonable shape, nail it into place, etc. Just so we could get the stupid vent cover inserted back in its place. Then we discovered that we had routed the drain and incoming water hoses to the wrong side of the support structure so they wouldn't clear the sides of the dishwasher cutout. So we had to disconnect those and re-route them. We had just about gotten the incoming water hose disconnected when my son said, "Wait, ... don't you think we should shut off the water valve first?" Oopsie. He saved the day with that most appropriate comment! We had pressurized the hose to check for leaks, and had not turned it off again for the "push the dishwasher into its cubbie hole" step. We were 1/8 of a wrench turn away from having a hot water Wham-O Water Wiggle flying around the kitchen.

I grew up in Blue Eye Missouri population 54, the next town east is Ridgedale Missouri and it’s even smaller. It’s insane to me that you would see The Rolling Stones in Ridgedale but tonight we did. We had a private box with our own bar and servers it was an incredible evening.
How was the show? Can the Stones still bring it live? I know the opening act for that show, Samantha Fish, puts on a great live show. I saw her at the Truman in KC last spring.

Edit: you should've gotten some pics of her instead of the Stones...😉

How was the show? Can the Stones still bring it live? I know the opening act for that show, Samantha Fish, puts on a great live show. I saw her at the Truman in KC last spring.

Edit: you should've gotten some pics of her instead of the Stones...😉
You know I thought the old farts put on a hell of a show!

IMG_4448.png

Got the woodburner going in my wing...the big one's going out there in the big part of the house. 40 degrees out there. I had quite a shock travel up the axe handle as I was splitting a log the other day...and it really hurt my left wrist where it is attached to the arm bone. Last night, I couldn't play. When I twisted my way through some chordings it hurt like all hell. I might give it a rest and spend some time back in 1968...Christmas day...as I grind through the sequel of my book. Got an email from my publisher today...telling me the audiobook's in the works. Funny, they gave me foiur voice choices a month ago...English. I told them it's NYC in 1962...get me Danny DeVito!

got nothing done I planned on yesterday, the crabapples did not get picked, it rained and I ended up pulling more weeds before that.

Today we are taking lambs to the meat processor. Son has to drive 2 some hours to Roanoke to pick up his friend from the airport tonight. Hope his car is ok and he drives careful, there is always a lot of traffic on the interstate

This is going to be a busy week

Back