This weeks preps check-in

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kinda feeling better but still down a bit. Got it from my two kiddos. Now the wife is starting to show signs.

i've gotton me 2 50 round boxs of 22..yaa another 100 rounds..pluse a shaker with 5-6- diff spices.in which 2 are salt n pepper..and a small swiss fold up plier

Did a few things this weekend ! made a sheath for my camp axe out of pvc pipe turned out really nice ! fired up the dehydrator did some bananas and some potatoes ,filled a few mason jars banana chips are tasty! potatoes not so much will use them in soups and stews if hard times hit. that wraps up my preps for this week .

Did a few things this weekend ! made a sheath for my camp axe out of pvc pipe turned out really nice ! fired up the dehydrator did some bananas and some potatoes ,filled a few mason jars banana chips are tasty! potatoes not so much will use them in soups and stews if hard times hit. that wraps up my preps for this week .
lets see the sheath ! post up a pic.

100_1615.JPG
100_1616.JPG
100_1617.JPG

was gonna use my leather working rivets but it was too thick for them . fits nice and tight and wont fall off so im plzed.

was gonna use my leather working rivets but it was too thick for them . fits nice and tight and wont fall off so im plzed.

Thats's cool I like it, killer job. So you heat up plastic in a oven or toaster oven then lay it over the ax drill a few holes ? Or am I way off ? Feel like letting out how you did it ? I would like to make one for my ax.

Thats's cool I like it, killer job. So you heat up plastic in a oven or toaster oven then lay it over the ax drill a few holes ? Or am I way off ? Feel like letting out how you did it ? I would like to make one for my ax.
yea take a thin wall pvc pipe like sch21 or sdr 21 cut it down one side ,heat it ,roll out flat ,lay something heavy on it so it flattens out nice, then reheat and fold over onto your axe head and you can push down around it to form it to the head a little then let it cool off ,take a marker and trace aroundthe axe about an inch out away from it so you have room for your holes ,cut at the marked line ,insert rivets ,cord what ever.

I couldn't sleep last night so I worked on sharpening my very old pocket knife again. Before I started yesterday I tried to slice a grape, I thought that would be a good gauge on how sharp the knife got. Yesterday the knife couldn't cut the grape, after I sharpened the knife for a while it cut the grape but I still had to press on the blade. This morning after doing what your video said to do I got another grape I practically just put the knife of the grape and IT WENT THROUGH THE GRAPE PRACTICALLY ALL BY ITSELF! I love learning new things.
Thank you for helping me Mr. Roninsensei!
Lindy

I converted my trane to lp then sued some one in Canada. Lmao sorry

I'm in the process of trying to get organized. My medical supplies are out of control, camping gear out of control, hand tools out if control, canned goods are collapsing my cabinets so currently I'm going through a mass reorganisation.

I'm reading a lot, just trying to learn as much as possible about different tactics, skills, etc. I'll be doing some major shopping in the coming months, because as of now my family and I have limited supplies.

great idea longhorn..more supplys the better..i just hope you dont over do it by buying things that aint needed

I'm reading a lot, just trying to learn as much as possible about different tactics, skills, etc. I'll be doing some major shopping in the coming months, because as of now my family and I have limited supplies.

Slow and steady , make sure you stock what you like to eat, you will need to rotate it in 6 months.

great idea longhorn..more supplys the better..i just hope you dont over do it by buying things that aint needed

Haha yeah I won't over do it, I have a wedding to pay for and the wife-to-be is working with me to budget some things out. We want to get a few necessities to build our BOB's.

Slow and steady , make sure you stock what you like to eat, you will need to rotate it in 6 months.

Why 6 months?

Haha yeah I won't over do it, I have a wedding to pay for and the wife-to-be is working with me to budget some things out. We want to get a few necessities to build our BOB's.

Why 6 months?

Why 6 months?
I guess it depends on where you live, we do it just as a precautionary measure to insure are food supply's are eatable. You can always go by the expiration date on can goods. 6 months to a year

I guess it depends on where you live, we do it just as a precautionary measure to insure are food supply's are eatable. You can always go by the expiration date on can goods. 6 months to a year

Ok gotcha. I was thinking it had some other importance. How accurate would you say some expiration dates are? For example, an expiration of milk is likely to be accurate within a few days, but would a date on can goods be less accurate and the product is actually fine to consume weeks-months after the date?

I couldn't sleep last night so I worked on sharpening my very old pocket knife again. Before I started yesterday I tried to slice a grape, I thought that would be a good gauge on how sharp the knife got. Yesterday the knife couldn't cut the grape, after I sharpened the knife for a while it cut the grape but I still had to press on the blade. This morning after doing what your video said to do I got another grape I practically just put the knife of the grape and IT WENT THROUGH THE GRAPE PRACTICALLY ALL BY ITSELF! I love learning new things.
Thank you for helping me Mr. Roninsensei!
Lindy

That"s what I love to hear Lindy!! Congrats on your first real sharpening!! And to the many more to come after!!!!

Latest posts

Back