What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Started to break down an old laser printer today.

20220323_163313_HDR.jpg

Collected screws and widgets.

20220323_163320_HDR.jpg

The gears shafts roller will coming out soon.

What I like about breaking old stuff is it doesn't need to work when I am done. :thumbs:

Ben

Just got my new to me 1975 3/4 ton chevy pickup licensed and insured. Then it was off to the garden store for a large load of garden dirt and compost mixed one to three. The loader driver told me the old trucks can carry twice what the new shiny trucks can. plenty of room on the wide bench front seat for me and the dog.

Make sure you check in sooner when we have that kind of weather!💗
Girl, I was glued to weather on TV. Two of my girls live to the West of me in few counties over and were in warning area. 3 live near here but scattered around. Thankful they have good homes and were spared. We were doing some texting back and forth. My mom and dads house was hit 35 years ago. Neighbor saw roof top and went over to check. Drove tractor out 2 mile road and called me. Lived across county and took me 30 minutes to get there. They lived 1.5 miles across pasture from me now. House totaled, bus blown over. Sheet metal every where, carport and brick off one side of grandparents house and no one hurt. That tornado killed a man on a ranch and all the store fronts on small town with stop signs first. Thanks for concerns

Went shopping, noticed a few prices dropping, ranted about corn bread with enough sugar in it to be cake, posted a few posts, got a buzz on berry white claws,
went gaming with my son.

Finally had good weather so drained and flushed the cooling system. Not too difficult, but the O-ring on the drain plug didn't seal when I closed it up so had to go to the NAPA for an 84 cent replacement O-ring. Hit the pharmacy for a prescription while I was up there. Came home, filled the cooling system with distilled water and cooling system flush. Went for a ride, no leaks. I will take it to work tonight and tomorrow drain and rinse the system again then top it off with new coolant. After I dig down in and find the thermostat that needs to be replaced.
Making a video of the process to post to YouTube. One day I will be rich and famous. :ghostly:

Feel like I'm on an eating marathon today. Had coffee break (junk food breakfast) at my cousin's place this morning, and just came home from eating at the amish restaurant for dinner. We are having a chocolate peanut butter pie after we settle from our meal.
Was coming down our road and saw the guinea killing dog tied to a tree at our neighbors. They didn't get rid of her like the lady promised. It's a matter of time now.

I mounted the tire on the Bucher, then put the box on my mini forwarder and went to the bush and loaded tree top stuff left over from falling earlier in winter. Decided it would be a good time to drag the pedal saw out of the trailer and finish making it a one person operation. How to Build a Bike Generator with Control Panel If you want to see it , when Naekid came to my sons ranch to video it (Naekid is pedaling) You might recognize the really good looking guy holding the wood??

I went to the lumberyard today to buy cedar for the two long shudders for Alexandra’s hen house, I started to sign for the material and the bill was $288! I said no thank you and drove over to Home Depot and bought a stack of dog eared cedar fence boards for under $4 each. It’s a bit thinner than the 1x but I think it will serve the purpose just fine. We got the blocks cemented in. It’s been raining for days so we put it in dry and sprayed the top with a the hose I’m sure it will set up in a couple of days. I’ll build the shutters tomorrow and we will go pick up her chickens on Saturday.

E6429A72-B720-4CD4-8FB7-5B0157523FCB.jpeg

I went to the lumberyard today to buy cedar for the two long shudders for Alexandra’s hen house, I started to sign for the material and the bill was $288! I said no thank you and drove over to Home Depot and bought a stack of dog eared cedar fence boards for under $4 each. It’s a bit thinner than the 1x but I think it will serve the purpose just fine. We got the blocks cemented in. It’s been raining for days so we put it in dry and sprayed the top with a the hose I’m sure it will set up in a couple of days. I’ll build the shutters tomorrow and we will go pick up her chickens on Saturday.

View attachment 83012
Painted fingernails coated in cement. Don't see that every day. She's a worker HB

View attachment 83012
You know it’s not nice to rub it in all the time Mr. it’s been raining for days 🤪

Ranch truck passed. Whew. Won’t pass next time although we’ve said that for years now. But it’s definitely closer. Guess it’s time for a cat. Praying this is the last time it gets smoged in this state.
Move to Iowa. I've been driving here since the late 80s and never been inspected. There's vehicles here that smoke like a locomotive and nobody says a word.

And we don't have smog, either...🤔

Feel like I'm on an eating marathon today. Had coffee break (junk food breakfast) at my cousin's place this morning, and just came home from eating at the amish restaurant for dinner. We are having a chocolate peanut butter pie after we settle from our meal.
Was coming down our road and saw the guinea killing dog tied to a tree at our neighbors. They didn't get rid of her like the lady promised. It's a matter of time now.
EAT, ITS YOUR BIRTHDAY!!💗😃

🤣Haven't heard that one since RT days.

Can't believe you remember that, Baby Girl. ,☺

Jim
I can't believe how long it's been since then. Was it '17 or '18 when we all came here?

I still kind of miss RT though. EasyCZ, Mag, Pancho, Sarge, and Tommy were all a great bunch, along with others that I'm probably forgetting, I miss them...

Latest posts

Back