What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
iu

oh LOL ok , well thanks Icemaker! So if the Yukon don't start and I am stuck somewhere I will call him for a ride :) ( jk!!)
If He is closer to You than I am, YEP...!!! 😉

OOH the wind. Again today. And heat. Ugh. I think tomorrow's weather breaks a bit, so I'll enjoy it.
Husband has his shot this afternoon at the allergist, then Atwoods for feed, pharmacy pickup, canvasses for little granddaughter...maybe at Dollar Tree. We'll be in the bigger town all afternoon. Need to get husband some breakfast, do animal chores, the garden needs water...

@sonya123, I was just trying to let you know if it happened again and you were stuck because of it you MAY be able to take one of the little relays out and take another with the same marks on it and swap it to get going again.

I hope you do well with it, I have had the same problem before and done it, never had the problem again, but also changed the one that was in the starter spot soon afterward and threw the old one away just to be safe. I actually always keep a spare relay like that, spare ignition module and a few tools that can get me back going in a few.

I had two shops at one time but quit doing public work when a friend of mine that did purely transmission work had a car fall on him and nearly killed him.

The hospital bill was more than he had made in three years.

Good luck with your vehicle!!!

Got up and am dragging around still got the usual old grass sinus and the old lazy dragg itbehinds.

have too much to do Grandsons second is gonna be here today or tomorrow,, Daughter says it will be a HE and she has predicted 100% of the last 5 so we are going to be up and moving for a week keeping tasks done!!❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Last edited:
There's always something to do outside the usual chores :D
Between now and the 1st Sept I'm ticking stuff off that has been put on the long finger, and best done in the summer. I've 3 mental lists.
1. Big chores that might take between a day and a week, that I tackle if I'm not leaving the house for a few days. Last week it was sorting stuff from the barn and filling a skip. Unfortunately it meant husband pulled out the broken sink and toilet from the garage at the same time, and hasn't had time to install the new one, but we'll get there!
2. quick wins which could take just an hour or so. Like cleaning out a cupboard.
3. My Pinterest list - recipes or homesteading crafts I've been wanting to try.
Today is all three - Cleaned out a couple of junk drawers, make a rosemary 'tea' for a hair rinse, and have just begun to paint the garage. In for lunch now. brown bread and a sweet potato, leek and maple soup.

Lovely nightmares. woke up and put the Wampus out, plenty to do, but no will or ability to do it,
I guess I'll surf the net and feel crappy all day like usual unless we get nuked. I put new laces in my new boots last night, I think I short-laced them. Meh. the crayon-crunching jarhead who had them before me started it. I hate waking up wanting to crawl under a damn rock. All misery and no dope/alcohol/caffeine make Magus a crabby boy.
Magus possum.png

If He is closer to You than I am, YEP...!!! 😉
Go for it, I am retired, not interested. HEHEHEH.

You remember what to do with no skin in the game,

All cool with me, just a waiting on the Great Great Grand number 2'''

Aggravation with the B-O-A-T is having to take the rear seat frame out to pull the access panel to the Gas tank. I am not gonna do that and not replace the entire system, the price for the thing just jumped the -T, it runs good so it will still be a bargain, half what they are on the market for.

Going to head to the Womens Center, it is over an hour away.
We are gonna eat that Blackened Catfish shortly I hope, just as soon as her work is done and we get to see the baby.
We will have about twenty in the party, some waitress is going home happy with a big tip.

Usual daily routine plus I got sent civil papers. The papers were something about preserving any records, photos or videos I have pertaining to an "incident" that I was involved in while on a PSD. The lawyers will lawyer it out and I will never hear about it again. Been down this path before. Also had a magical moment when I found a complete upper, still in the carboard box, from like 3-4 years ago stashed in with a bunch of other crap I was sorting through. Pretty sure I was gonna build it up then went a did a long job or something. Either way bonus upper!

did not drive anywhere today, so nobody needs to give me a ride home LOL

did laundry
pulled weeds
took dog for a walk
did give the goats their shots, that was work , we have to chase them around the barn until we catch them, they KNOW they don't want that shot , so we are running around like crazy with a sheep stick to try and hook them , took us a few hours to catch 14
son picked 3 -5 gallon buckets full of peaches, they are now in the fridge hope they stay good until Saturday
only thing left is refill water buckets and move the sheep back into their pasture ( they are mowing next to the house right now_)

did not drive anywhere today, so nobody needs to give me a ride home LOL

did laundry
pulled weeds
took dog for a walk
did give the goats their shots, that was work , we have to chase them around the barn until we catch them, they KNOW they don't want that shot , so we are running around like crazy with a sheep stick to try and hook them , took us a few hours to catch 14
son picked 3 -5 gallon buckets full of peaches, they are now in the fridge hope they stay good until Saturday
only thing left is refill water buckets and move the sheep back into their pasture ( they are mowing next to the house right now_)
I turned around!!🙁 Was going to give you a ride home AND clean your house and cut Otto's toenails!! 😉

I think today we will take the yukon for a drive, need some stuff from the store anyway
I ended up cleaning our storage room in the house that has the food stocks in buckets. Need to buy rice, down to the very last bag....wow, didn't realize. Need more flour, need more sugar also and plastic baggies for storage
You really have to keep up with what you have.

If it doesn't start I am going to call Pearl....

still no rain in the forecast at all, wow , not looking good

Just another working day, two smaller jobs! Hubby is working in town and will stop by the second lady I'm cleaning for. Her little SUV got backed into in a parking lot, Hubby is her dent puller guy, lol! She's had a few parking lot incidents!😮 Got plenty to do later, but not planning on a very productive afternoon!😉

Latest posts

Back