Garden 2024!

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The downstairs tenants that I share the back patio with takes care of water the garden, getting the and putting out the trash cans for me while I’m away. They get to harvest whatever is ready for their use. Texted me this picture tonight. There will still be plenty when I get home.
IMG_3212.jpeg

The downstairs tenants that I share the back patio with takes care of water the garden, getting the and putting out the trash cans for me while I’m away. They get to harvest whatever is ready for their use. Texted me this picture tonight. There will still be plenty when I get home.
IMG_3212.jpeg

View attachment 158294
That broccoli is very pretty.

What variety of broccoli are you growing?

Ben

Last edited:
My daughter orders the meal kits and this week there was a note saying that there is a shortage of zucchini and squash so they substituted asparagus.
Usually this time of year there is zucchini or yellow squash everywhere. My squash is having a terrible year. We went without rains and I was watering by hand. Ita just not the same. I had to pull 4 plants. I replanted and am hoping for a late crop.
August is otherwise known as zucchini month 😂. Never fear- they are plotting their attack 😉

View attachment 158300
Twice as much work...!!!

Some More Glads in Plenty Colors...!!!

Attachments

• Aug012024 006.jpg
    Aug012024 006.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • Aug012024 009.jpg
    Aug012024 009.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • Aug012024 008.jpg
    Aug012024 008.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • Aug012024 007.jpg
    Aug012024 007.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • Aug012024 005.jpg
    Aug012024 005.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Variety of Lavender and Another Raining Day Lily...!!! That One is the Yellow of the Glad but is the Lily...

Attachments

• Aug012024 001.jpg
    Aug012024 001.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • Aug012024 002.jpg
    Aug012024 002.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • Aug012024 003.jpg
    Aug012024 003.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • Aug012024 010.jpg
    Aug012024 010.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • Aug012024 011.jpg
    Aug012024 011.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
Thank you 😊 I forgot to mention which and I wasn’t having any luck online.
How big of an area are you planning on? Most of the colonial living history museums around here will plant it along fences near the houses.

Growing to process and spin is something I have always wanted to do but space and time constraints foil me all the time.

How big of an area are you planning on? Most of the colonial living history museums around here will plant it along fences near the houses.

Growing to process and spin is something I have always wanted to do but space and time constraints foil me all the time.
It wouldn’t be a very big patch, maybe 10’ x 10’. We didn’t exist during colonial times. We were the great unknown until mid 1800s. Our history is so “new” compared to yours. We don’t have colonial museums 😕

If you’re not sewing a large patch, you can get seeds from Monticello’s gift shop they ship. Eden Bros.has four varieties so flax seed. Only Annual Blue is fiber variety. Others three are ornamental or culinary.

I wish we could teleport. So much fiber fun to be had.

Eden bros was the only one I found and it was “sponsored” and looked very corporate like I wasn’t sure if it was real. Then with nothing to compare to etc.
I might fail but it will be fun trying.

Latest posts

Back