What Are You Having For Dinner

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tonight we had steak, baked potato, and corn on the cob. It's special because my husband - a non cook for most of our almost 40 years of marriage - is still cooking since I can't stand up long enough to make anything but a simple meal. And no. I am not fat. My back just took it tough last year and I am still weak.

Dinner was magnificent. Hubs is a good cook now.

Lunch meat salami sandwich, on whole wheat, sweet onion, tomato, a bit of horse radish sauce..
Microwave corn on the cob.. Some left over deli macaroni salad.
And a real decadent desert for me..

A frozen 5 calorie cup of cherry Jell-O with some 1/2&1/2 and a bit of Splenda..

After my fancy meal last night I have decided to return to my social class and have a deluxe bologna sandwich tonight. Deluxe of course means I will be adding American cheese, mayo and lettuce to the white bread and thick cut Oscar Mayer bologna. I may even throw some potato chips on it. I know, fancy. Of course the meal demands a pickle and a canister of carbonated sugar juice. Uh I mean root beer.

I actually planned ahead a bit plus it is an experiment, put dry white beans in the crock pot yesterday, maybe noonish or so, put it high, of course at after 7;00 ish they were still too firm. so put it on low left it overnight. turned it off mid morning, late afternoon drained them and added sauce (secret squirrel stuff) and put it back on high, I need to go have a look and see what they are doing.

I actually planned ahead a bit plus it is an experiment, put dry white beans in the crock pot yesterday, maybe noonish or so, put it high, of course at after 7;00 ish they were still too firm. so put it on low left it overnight. turned it off mid morning, late afternoon drained them and added sauce (secret squirrel stuff) and put it back on high, I need to go have a look and see what they are doing.
Updates!! Get a pressure cooker!!😉

why?
1722301369724.png

I will go to my corner and reflect on my digressions.

they taste good, I don't need any more stuff, just better planning for next round, put the beans in the crock pot in the morning, high till noon, low till just before bed, add sauce low for next day till mid after noon then high. (and if you think that is going to happen.............)

Latest posts

Back