• Two New features staring today. - The first will security lock account if user didn't login for two years - The second will warn and security lock account if password found in data breach ( even if user is recently active) .. it will also warn users about weak passwords during registration. The compromised is from a data base list, and not from anything on this forum. If you are logged in all the time, this will not effect you. It only works when logging in.

What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A cousin of mine was telling about a firefighter that was setting amish barns on fire in Penn awhile back. Three of them before caught. Of course, he'd be there to help put them out. So few weeks ago, it was all wheat fields...the one across from us, two ditches going to wheat fields, and one fire set in town. This time, I can't tell yet, they've just got it out. Will drive to it later, and see what burned. It could be arson, but it could be started by harvesting machinery. Don't know yet, but it was another big one.

Yesterday we went to hang out at our friend's house with my sister. Had some food, and then Mom wanted to go to a restaurant a few hours later. Brother had to go to work and we went to the hotel my sister was staying at for the night and stayed until after 11pm. Said goodbye to her and went home. I think she's staying at my cousin's house tonight.

So this morning I got up and friend said the battery in his car is completely dead. I took him to the store to get a new one and grabbed him some oil and a filter (his car is overdue for it). Also got him some groceries and some cupcakes for his birthday tomorrow. He and his wife both work tomorrow but he was off work today.

Passed by the workers who were digging trenches with a ditch witch to install fiberoptic. Tried to ask them how far they are running the lines but they didn't speak English and I only know a few words and phrases in Spanish-- and asking them where their papers (proof of citizenship or work visas) are is not a good one to ask. LOL.

Isn't that a Sign of something Not Connecting...?!? If the Linkage was Connected Complete, there should bee Resistance when it is pushed, if it is all the way down, something either came loose or something Broke...!

You're just making me feel even better about my generator and back up generators.
So I gotta know how many functional generators is just enough??

Isn't that a Sign of something Not Connecting...?!? If the Linkage was Connected Complete, there should bee Resistance when it is pushed, if it is all the way down, something either came loose or something Broke...!
If it was built since the mid eighties it most likely has a hydraulic clutch

If thats the case sounds like the clutch cylinder blew a seal. Had that happen on a 1978 Celina many years ago
or the master, if Trapper is lucky the master is empty and the spring over centered, simple enough to patch

Took dad to the doc this afternoon. Her concerns echoed mine. She ordered blood work and an xray so a stop at the hospital outpatient clinic was required. Got those two tasks completed. The doc also ordered an mri, will set the appointment tomorrow.

No plans but tv this evening.

Peanut, I hope your dad is OK.

Just cooked for Mom and ate. Fed kitties again. As an aside, when I was visiting my friend yesterday, the cat over there was more mellow than usual and was climbing in everyone's laps and just loving life. Apparently he was high on catnip.

Also, the nearly 4-yr-old kid thought Mom's cane was a microphone and was trying to sing into it.

IMG_2710.jpeg
So I was thinking today that now I’ve got Dad over his fear of using the wood stove I should get some wood for the winter.

IMG_2709.jpeg

I should probably stop thinking now.

We had horrible wind all day today.

Considering the fact it's hotter than heck here.
Today Estelle and I painted rocks.
She dug up the rocks a few days ago, from my front yard.
Today the rocks were washed in the bathroom sink.
Right after I had scrubbed it down with baking soda and vinegar.
Her rocks are colorful.
Course we painted them with acriylic paint.
My youngest son(the hairy guy in the picture) asked me not to say "Hot Dam".
Seems Nxy repeated it in church.
I made the comment saying that one not mine.
That one saying is your Dad.
Instead of saying Amen in Church, she called out just as clear as a bell 'Hot Dam".
So we're talking on Face time, I calmly inform my son that she's got a hold of your pipe.
Reign pipes up and calls NXY a "Little Turd", yep that one is mine.
Aren't grandchildren "Fun".
My Hairy son Fred says "aren't they though laughly.
Estelle's little brother at her Dad's house went to church yesterday for the first time.
We all tried to warn him what the little turd will do.
He didn't listen, but got schooled just the same.
My grandchildren might be a tad bit orney.
Charlie decided to try his hand at singing.
Charlie and Nxy are one.
Estelle said he tried to be a good boy, but it didn't last.
Half way through a hymn he passed gas, blew raspberries and tried to yank out Grandpa's teeth and hair loose.
All the time swaying to the hymn being sung.
Aren't grandchildren "FUN".
I got tickled when on Face Time they were telling me the adventures of my grandchildren yesterday.
Today was pretty calm compared to yesterday.
It's a good thing the Good Lord has a sense of humor.

@MoBookworm1957 My church has a lot of little ones in it and we hear some funny stuff once in a while. Mine were no exception. :rolleyes: Just chatting away. Some like to run, in church, during prayer. Little rascals can get quite a ways before parent catches up to them.
They are fun (grandchildren), but they sure wear us out.

Didn't do a damned thing other than go to Costco and local grocery store.

Outside, was almost 100* ... inside a pleasant 78*. Can't wait to get the electric bill!!!!

Just finished up some leftover Chicken rice pilaf with a glass of red wine.

Have to prepare pup food for the week soon ...

If the clutch will not release, there are a number of ways this can happen, but you are not stuck as long as you have a good battery.

Put the vehicle in second or so if you are on a level or down grade and not heavily loaded of course if you are.

You probably know about what sound your car makes when you shift it as you are driving it will start at a low frequency and get to a higher on then you will push the clutch and let off of the gas and shift the lever to the next gear.

Without the clutch you must just match the sounds from high as you push the lever out to low as yo let off the gas and push it into the next gear.

I promise if you have never driven a big truck it will seem strange and be a little hard to do, you must push the lever out just as you let off the gas so hold a little pressure against it as you let off and you can feel it loosen then just push it quickly out and toward the next gear, do not take your foot completely off of the throttle jus let it go back to low.

It may grind a little, do not force it it will move in a little,, then you push it on in and ease into the throttle, if it does not go all the way in just give it a little and let off and most times it will go on in.

It is a trial and error thing you will have to learn,

Good luck, it is a good idea to learn this type of shifting you may need it at an important moment.

If the clutch is slipping and will not engage, a hydraulic clutch out of adjustment can build up fluid in the slave cylinder and not return to engage. If you can get the line loose on the clutch "master cylinder" and bleed it, you can do the clutch-less shift if it reengages.

A diaphragm type clutch can over-center and stick to the floor it is dangerous and hard to flip it if it has so unless you have good open access to the pressure plate and a way to jerk your hand and tool out of the way I would not fool with it.

Last edited:
Morning at the cat shelter, lunchtime grasscutting here, a little more packing, then shower and cool off

So I totally overdid it yesterday and got a migraine. First one I had in years. I see shiny triangles in front of my eyes for about an hour. I take a few aspirin and that goes away and then I just have a headache. Been having those most of my adult life but not lately
How annoying!
I sprayed weeds ( thistles) in the bottom of the empty pasture in the afternoon with full gear and a facemask on and walked up and down the steep pasture. This after taking dog for a hike, animal care, cooking , dishes, and so on.
Too much....

Today animal care and we need to go shopping. I really need to go to Aldi, meaning drive an hour to the city
Son needs to get his car inspected, hope they don't find anything expensive. They almost always find something

Not looking forward to today

Oh and I woke up and my tooth hurt, the one I just go capped. It's ok now but why did it hurt in the middle of the night a few weeks later?

Latest posts

Back