• Two New features staring today. - The first will security lock account if user didn't login for two years - The second will warn and security lock account if password found in data breach ( even if user is recently active) .. it will also warn users about weak passwords during registration. The compromised is from a data base list, and not from anything on this forum. If you are logged in all the time, this will not effect you. It only works when logging in.

What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
iu

Busy, hot days!
Yesterday, after walking, took friend to Aldi and Walmart.
Paid some bills and other errands.
Delivered banana breads- ended up with 6 regular loaves and 4 mini loaves. Very good!

Bo and I already walked this morning.
Taking my friend with me to salvage grocery store and then to doc appt.
Will do some computer work, this afternoon. It's on being a better caregiver- through the VA.

For 2 & a half days I've been installing those pull out cabinet shelves in our kitchen. It was very awkward plus I had LOTS of help from our 9 month old dachshund. I'm just too old & too big to be working low these day & I had problems with the 3rd one. Oh & over course of the install we were moving stuff from shelves & back to shelves. Fun stuff. Today I was working on our yard sprinkler system. The only think I hate worse that system is having to water the yard. Anyway I'm hot & stinky (& ant stung) & laying in front of a fan. Every muscle in my upper back is sore. My big goal for today is to take a shower & maybe watch Reacher 2 again.

PS: Have you ever tried to screw in a screw into something while a dog is between your face & it & licking your face? It can be done but it's HARD!

Husband and I taking a break from farmer's mkt. Got little granddaughter down there, set up...bringing eggs again, too and discounting them to $2 a dz, and then the lady who is in charge of the market said to put them up to $3 because no one else has eggs this week. I only packed five dz because we always bring them home unsold. Little granddaughter sold out in 15 minutes, so I quickly drove home and loaded up the ice chest with more. She has a basket full of cucumbers to sell, two bags of red potatoes, a dozen dreamcatchers she made, and two bouquets of sunflowers in mason jars. I'll pick her up when she's done. Bought some bread and cookies to bring home. 5 selling tables today. Ha Ha. She actually sells more when we're not there. I think it's the cuteness factor.

Husband and I taking a break from farmer's mkt. Got little granddaughter down there, set up...bringing eggs again, too and discounting them to $2 a dz, and then the lady who is in charge of the market said to put them up to $3 because no one else has eggs this week. I only packed five dz because we always bring them home unsold. Little granddaughter sold out in 15 minutes, so I quickly drove home and loaded up the ice chest with more. She has a basket full of cucu I think it's the cuteness factor.mbers to sell, two bags of red potatoes, a dozen dreamcatchers she made, and two bouquets of sunflowers in mason jars. I'll pick her up when she's done. Bought some bread and cookies to bring home. 5 selling tables today. Ha Ha. She actually sells more when we're not there.
I think it's the cuteness factor.

That works for a lot of things........Even marrying someone. Trust me I know!

Just thought of a true story about cute. I was once 17 (many years ago) & I was leaving the mall. A CUTE girl asked me if I wanted to buy any magazines. I said I might (just to talk to her, she was CUTE). She sat in my car & gave me here sales talk. I'll say here that her perfume was WONDERFUL. That cost me 35 dollars!

I'm headed to GF's house to grill steaks and relax for the evening. I have to be up at 0415 to get to work by 0545 though. It's going to be a short night. The boss confirmed that we're loading up our equipment on the work train Sunday. Then it's a 5 hour drive to Merrilan, Wisconsin for the next project. That project is mostly in a remote area where there's not many hotels so I'm not looking forward to it and I think I'm going to try and bid off to another gang closer to home. We'll see what happens...

done baking, bread all looks good, plus have some fruit and veggies for selling , went and picked blueberries, blackberries and wineberries, husband picked crab apples
Hope I sell all my bread at the market this time, we'll see
we will eat it if I don't but we need to make some cash
ok going to bed soon, have to get up really early

Buying gifts today for our youngest grand child who is turning 1 year old at the end of this month. She is in Japan so we haven't even seen her yet except on video chat which we will be doing tonight. She just started walking and is so cute!
mine might end up there also next year , depending on were daughter and sil get shipped off to ( Navy) . I wished they would stay in Norfolk, at least that is driving distance and same State but not likely

Its Friday July 12th 2024

I have no clue why I feel a tiny bit of sadness inside of me
I was feeling that way mostly all day

Maybe its the weather..
Maybe I cant wait to have my new lawnmower
Maybe the Summer Season
Maybe I am simply tired with a headache

Oh well! :rolleyes:
A good night sleep will probably help

Now 62f outside but 90% humidity
AC and fans are working 24/24

Anyway on a positive note *my babies are here with me* 🥰

Be cozy, relax and sleep well !!!!! :)

Sitting on the couch trying to get my back to relax a bit after doing a mess of tile today. Beer, popcorn, and a milkshake was for dinner. I’m pretty sure that hits all the major food groups.

Attachments

• IMG_3492.jpeg
    IMG_3492.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Sitting on the couch trying to get my back to relax a bit after doing a mess of tile today. Beer, popcorn, and a milkshake was for dinner. I’m pretty sure that hits all the major food groups.
I LOVE BEER AND POPCORN!! Why do I not live with you?? I know, MANY reasons, but don't be surprised if I show up some beer and popcorn night!!😉

mine might end up there also next year , depending on were daughter and sil get shipped off to ( Navy) . I wished they would stay in Norfolk, at least that is driving distance and same State but not likely
I hate that they are so far away. We wanted to go to Japan to visit, but between Covid and my health issues after that, we won't be able to go. I love that they have had this experience. It has been good for our son to see the world. They will be back in 2025.

They love Japan. They feel safe there and have really enjoyed it.

Feels and Looks like another 30 degree Swing Day, 66f - 98f scheduled...

iu

Stay Hi-drated and Cool...!!! :cool:❄️🍨

bee Careful out there people, some disturbing News on the scrolling banner this AM :

https://www.wbrc.com/2024/07/13/71-...acked-after-dog-breaks-free-leash-police-say/

71-year-old bicyclist fatally attacked after dog breaks free from leash, police say SC​

South Carolina...

and this is just stupidness :

Father arrested following death of 2-year-old daughter left in hot car

https://www.wbrc.com/2024/07/12/father-arrested-following-death-2-year-old-daughter-left-hot-car/

No Excuse :

Man charged in fatal hit-and-run of bicyclist in Talladega​

https://www.wbrc.com/2024/07/12/man-charged-fatal-hit-and-run-bicyclist-talladega/

Getting ready for the impromptu family reunion. Going down the shore. I hate that ride. @Pearl will understand. so of course, it’s overcast and raining, and it’s supposed to rain down there until around noon. We’re having it down there because the one cousin has the biggest house anybody’s ever seen in a pool. Oh, and enough furniture to accommodate all of us. Lol.

Hubby is off at an adoption event for the shelter dogs. I’m going to do last nights dishes. We had a friend over for dinner and chatted afterwards so dishes didn’t get done. I have a list of small chores to do today. Now I just need to put down my phone and get going. But…..one more cup of coffee.

Bo and I walked, then walked dogs.
Picked up parking lot at Church.
Going to cook up a bunch of bell peppers and onions for future use.
Did some VA related computer work.
I have some cannabis tincture to strain today.
Not sure what else. Was going to make gummies, but my recipe calls for lecithin granules. Ordered some online.

Hubby is off at an adoption event for the shelter dogs. I’m going to do last nights dishes. We had a friend over for dinner and chatted afterwards so dishes didn’t get done. I have a list of small chores to do today. Now I just need to put down my phone and get going. But…..one more cup of coffee.
Just got word the dog Hubby was walking around the park is getting adopted.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back