What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know that scene in every time travel movie where the traveler gets used to and actually loving the time they got sucked into then bam! They’re back in their own time, screaming Noooooo. Yup, I’m back in NJ and that screamer is me.
Have you ever heard that Dido song Sand in My Shoes? That’s what I think of in situations like that.

To @elkhound and @Pearl harassing me. All good humor.
roflmao...i took a shower and smell purdy now myself....!! i was naked too...just like you...i looked out the window but no quail in sight....i was so hoping to be scandalous and become a naked bird watcher !

took a little trip around the mtn before noon and seen lots of deer....tonight i called my buddy...its part of check on a brother thing clay tall stories does and i been making more of an effort to check on old friends..my old hunting buddy is 85 this year and he was out driving counting deer and other wildlife. i check on him every couple of three weeks.

check on a brother or sister...help you and them being a bit more social...even just a few minutes i tell ya.

July 27th 2024 //
One week and we hit *August*

Did mow today ..more to do
Washed my hair ..now feels great

*Saturday evening 9.00 pm

All fur family fed and cold fresh water in clean bowls
Soaked and wash and dry my Dane Girl feet...she loves it

Ate the chicken fried rice left over that was in freezer
My body aches
Took a Tylenol arthritis with a big glass of cold water

I am going to stay in Forum for a while and read news too

If you go to bed now ..sleep well
Hope Ruben the cat will let me sleep tonight lol

Off to clean the kitchen after my special someone cooked this morning.
I think he pretty much used just about every pan in the kitchen.
Then it will be nap time for us.
Later gators.
I can never figure out how people create so many dishes when they cook,

So today, I still didn’t get to play in the garden much, but made homemade icecream, a batch of oatmeal monsters, baked my sourdough bread, fried up some shoulder bacon and made bacon cheese burgers for dinner- and yep, dishes are all done. Also did another load of laundry and did the floors which were disgraceful. This evening, we walked down to the river and picked blackberries. Got about 4 pints. They’re just coming on.

iu

was too busy to post yesterday , had market then had to take care of animals mostly by myself since husband hurt his knee. Son helped some but he had already cooked and cleaned some more of the sheep barn so he really didn't want to do anymore.
So now my foot hurts....lol, sucks to get old

So today animal care plus I am cooking rabbits, hope they turn out

Market is getting too big imo, they keep adding vendors. There are only so many people in the area that shop there. We went from 2 bread vendors to 4 and yesterday there were 5! I did sell most of mine but took home some zuccini bread plus my prices are a little lower than some of the others. How can people buy 1 loaf of bread for $8 ??
Same with the meat. There used to be us selling lamb and goat, plus one farmer selling beef pork lamb and chicken. NOw there is 5 people selling various meats. And again some of their prices are outrageous. $13 for a lb of ground lamb? really? We are not in a major city just a really small one. I don't see this ending well, this sort of thing is what destroys farmers markets.

Tommyice....I would do the same thing when we bought our farm years ago, but lived 10 hrs away. Couldn't convince husband to come up more than three times a year, and only for a few days at a time. I hated to leave. It's been so nice to live here, now. You'll get there, not too much longer.

I used to CRY on the way back to Orlando everytime we went on a vacation trip. As soon as we crossed the State line I cried....
Thankfully husband and myself were on the some page when it came to getting out of there
Now I almost cried from being happy when we got back from that aweful trip to Germany

Glad you got to live on your farm eventually Amish!

Sipping coffee, that first cup he makes is a doozy.(sweet)
So now I'm sipping coffee I make.
Laundry is started.
His is in the dryer now.
Will be packing his kit up cause he has 6 hour drive ahead of him for work.
Yes, he's younger than me.
I start my new (old job) tomorrow.
Have to rearrange my desk area so I can at least start in an oraganized area.
He'll be back in 7 days.
Merging two lifestyles is fun.
Been getting used to the new lifestyle for both of us.
All relationships are give and take.
And if they're meant to last you adjust accordingly.
But we are enjoying this lifestyle together.
Will be doing meal prep today for menus for the month of August.
So I will be busy in the coming days while he's gone.
Going to go pick up more tomatoes, jalenpeno's for salsa, spaghetti sauce, pizza sauce.
He did ask me to tone down the heat on the pickles, somewhat.
Opened up the normal level of hot for me. Whoops!

Last edited:
Hard start to the morning. Was out late but my body didn't care and wanted to be up at my normal time. No workout, no hike, just coffee. Strong black coffee. Once my brain engaged I grabbed the laptop and wrote my report on last night's op so I could post it in one shot. Not sure I will accomplish anything today at this rate.

I forgot to mention in the rant thread that Mom's canula came off AGAIN and wasted a bunch of insulin. Had to put a new canula on yesterday AND change the cartridge because it had been pushing more insulin since her sugar stayed high. This time I found some patches I got to help hold on the freestyle libre and I cut one to fit around the canula patch to hold it on better. It's huge and will be a bear to take off, but it seems to be holding. I need to find better patches for the autosoft 90. At least I'm getting better at changing the tubing out now.

I think today will be a day of rest. I had to go to Walmart yesterday. Went to get my RXs but they were out of my Metformin. I did get Mom's meds at least.

Boo was so desperate for canned food that he took a new approach-- he started licking my face instead of tapping it with his paw. So of course I got up and go thim canned food and some Friskies Lil Shakes. Like a puree of stuff and the cats love it.

Got to go to Wal*Mart to pick up a few things.
His laundry is in the dryer.
Washed, dried, and put away one load of laundry so far.
Prepping vegetable for this month's (August) meal preps.
Scrambling up 10 pounds of deer burger, hamburger,pork sausage.
Bagging it up portions sized for recipes in food saver bags for the freezer for future meals.
Isn't life grand.

Took the parental unit out for breakfast and stopped at the food store for a few things. Decided it was time to weed whack and mow. One buzz of the strimmer and battery dead. One third of the lawn mowed and battery dead.

Setting up the new iPad now--waiting for software update. After about 1 1/2 hours of trying to resurrect the old one, I ordered a new one from Amazon. About the only good thing about where I live is you can get an Amazon delivery same day or next day.

Working on the deck this morning. Only two boards left to put down and about 6' of skirting left. Then I need to make a step off the front of the deck. It's still pretty smokey here. The nearest fire is about 15 miles north. Not likely that it'll burn this far south to pose a danger to us. But they are calling for more dry lightning.

Got to go to Wal*Mart to pick up a few things.
His laundry is in the dryer.
Washed, dried, and put away one load of laundry so far.
Prepping vegetable for this month's (August) meal preps.
Scrambling up 10 pounds of deer burger, hamburger,pork sausage.
Bagging it up portions sized for recipes in food saver bags for the freezer for future meals.
Isn't life grand.
We go to Wal*Mart to pick up a few things I need.
We take 2 carts because we have 2 distinct shopping styles.
I go get what I need, paid for and in the car backseat. Boom! Done!
Nope not him, we walk down every aisle .
And he picks up things he thinks I will need while he's at work.
While I appreciate his concern about me running out of anything.
When we got home and started to unload the car.
His purchases filled the back seat, trunk.
My 3 small bags of produce is in his lap in the front seat.
My purchase was grand total of $25.
His purchase was $255.
And what the heck am I going to do with 40 pounds of potatoes, 10 pounds of onions etc.
But he means well.
And I am still smiling and giggling.
Isn't life and love grand.
He forgot the toilet paper.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back